OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-5-8_20-46-4.png

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
Who was Fred just going off about this morning? I caught the rant after it started so am clueless who he is ranting about.

From what I can gather, it was Minihane, and playing the percentages it was well deserved and temporarily glorious. But the unfortunate reality is, it just provides Minihane the attention he craves.

Signed,
Minihane Hate Club
HF Chapter
Member #2

Reactions: BMC and HockeyMomx2

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The one time I met Fred he was incredibly nice and gracious. Very friendly.
I'll echo this statement.

I ran into Fred one night at Citizen Publick House behind Fenway a few years ago with his wife. Said hi, and had a quick conversation. Wasn't annoyed to have to talk, gracious like you said.

Reactions: FribbleLine

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
In the least shocking news ever, WEEI and Minehan specifically are going after Ty Anderson now that he's no longer working for them.

That station really just needs to fire everyone and start over. The culture is terrible.

And at the same time Gerry fawning all over Britt McHenry, who seems like a despicable human being to me in my limited exposure to her.

Reactions: EverettMike

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
For what it's worth, in my one social run in with Minihane he was pretty cool. And I've said before, but I went to high school with Maz. Graduated the same year, in a few classes together.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
At the first Pats Superbowl rally, when they still had actual rallies, I had one of the best conversations about sports in my life with Tony Mazz. Talked about the recent history/failures of Boston sports for like thirty minutes, and he told me some great stories about the '86 Celts.

Said McHale once told him if they had wanted to they wouldn't have lost a game. Obviously not how it works, but crazy to think McHale felt that way.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Best move for K&C was removing all the daily third person

They became a side show for Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad