*OFFICIAL* Shawinigan Cataractes 2013-2014

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
You can keep saying that but which games did he steal? He only won 13, lost31 and lost 3 in prolongation one in fussilade. GAA of 3.7. Campeau actually won several while he was gone to Germany. If he's a star, why not get some pieces for another Cup run, rather than bragging about the euro gard.

Cupper is probably the reason why we didn't lose all our games last year... He was also the most exciting player to watch last season.

photo_2302631_resize.jpg

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Cupper is probably the reason why we didn't lose all our games last year... He was also the most exciting player to watch last season.

photo_2302631_resize.jpg

Mondou made a great trade for only a 4e ronde to get Phaneuf. He was outstanding today. Now we've got a battle for starter! I'm guessing Marvin will step up, or else its auf Wiedersehen, he didn't come here to be a backup. Either did Phaneuf.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Can't wait to see the game tonight. I saw the small tournament last week end and we have alot of good young players. The tall american skating abilities are much better this year. Beauvillier looks a threat out there. Cupper was great.
I will be watching the games this year with telus.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Has Cupper stolen any gams yet? He'll get plenty of chances, Phaneuf 2 buts on 7 shot in 3d period. Phaneuf , poof!

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
I'm happy that we have Storm Phaneuf this year as the backup of Cüpper. It will help him get more rest during the season and Phaneuf will be able to win games too he's a good goaltender.

Storm-Phaneuf1.jpg

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
First home game tonight for the Cats and they lost 3-2 in OT against Chicoutimi. Here's the scoresheet:

1. CHI Loïk Léveillé, (2) (Sébastien Sylvestre, Laurent Dauphin), 10:16 (AN)
2. SHA Alexis D'Aoust, (1) (Félix-Antoine Bergeron, Dylan Labbé), 3:17 (AN)
2. SHA Alexis D'Aoust, (2) (Félix-Antoine Bergeron), 13:30
2. CHI Sébastien Sylvestre, (1) (Scott Carrier), 16:22
PROL1. CHI Sébastien Sylvestre, (2) (Thomas Gobeil, Samuel Roussy), 4:39

746441.jpg

Marvin Cüpper faced 46 shots and was the 1st star of the game. He was very good like he was last season.

I think the best player on the ice was 17 year old Alexis D'Aoust as he scored 2 goals and seemed to be all over the ice. Huge improvements for him since his rookie season last year.

IMG_1123(X)3804.jpg

Both Nicolas Roy and Anthony Beauvillier didn't show much in this game. Some good flashes here and there but they'll need a few more games before they get every pieces in place.

I was also really looking for russian rookie Ilya Zinoviev since it was his first game in North America. Did not play a lot but showed he had some skills on offense and can play a good defensive game too. He'll need a good month I think before being really comfortable with our playing style and everything that comes with playing on the other side of the ocean.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
First home game tonight for the Cats and they lost 3-2 in OT against Chicoutimi. Here's the scoresheet:

1. CHI Loïk Léveillé, (2) (Sébastien Sylvestre, Laurent Dauphin), 10:16 (AN)
2. SHA Alexis D'Aoust, (1) (Félix-Antoine Bergeron, Dylan Labbé), 3:17 (AN)
2. SHA Alexis D'Aoust, (2) (Félix-Antoine Bergeron), 13:30
2. CHI Sébastien Sylvestre, (1) (Scott Carrier), 16:22
PROL1. CHI Sébastien Sylvestre, (2) (Thomas Gobeil, Samuel Roussy), 4:39

746441.jpg

Marvin Cüpper faced 46 shots and was the 1st star of the game. He was very good like he was las

I think the best player on the ice was 17 year old Alexis D'Aoust as he scored 2 goals and seemed to be all over the ice. Huge improvements for him since his rookie season last year.

IMG_1123(X)3804.jpg

Both Nicolas Roy and Anthony Beauvillier didn't show much in this game. Some good flashes here and there but they'll need a few more games before they get every pieces in place.

I was also really looking for russian rookie Ilya Zinoviev since it was his first game in North America. Did not play a lot but showed he had some skills on offense and can play a good defensive game too. He'll need a good month I think before being really comfortable with our playing style and everything that comes with playing on the other side of the ocean.

How could the losing gardien be first star? What star was the other gard? Sounds like a home match to me?

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
How could the losing gardien be first star? What star was the other gard? Sounds like a home match to me?

Well if Cüpper wasn't there the score would be much more different so he really deserved the 1st star in this game.

#Cüpperfield

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Yesterday was the Cats 4th loss in 4 games. Here's the scoresheet:

1. BLB Christopher Clapperton, (3) (Ryan Tesink, Emil Aronsson), 16:40
2. BLB Nikita Jevpalovs, (3) (Marcus Hinds), 11:34
3. SHA Matthew Boudreau, (2) (Frédérick Gaudreau), 17:25 (AN)
4. BLB Marcus Hinds, (2) , 0:31 (DN)
5. SHA Simon Boudreau, (2) (Matthew Boudreau, Frédérick Gaudreau), 2:03(AN) 6. BLB Marcus Hinds, (3) (Frédéric Bergeron, Olivier Picard), 16:42

The best player in this game was Cats goaltender Marvin Cüpper. He made some excellent savez and kept his team in the game for all 60 minutes.

Captain Frederick Gaudreau made huge mistake causing a goal and I think it was the turning point of this game. He's my favorite player on the Cataractes roster and I think the goal was just bad communication between him and his defenseman.

143502_large.png

I want to talk about defenseman Dylan Labbé who improved a lot since last year in my opinion. He's really solid on defense and also showing good things on offense. I wondered why the Minnesota Wild drafted him last year but now I see he's got good upside to his game. He would look better on a stronger team since the Cataractes are off to a bad start this year. He makes me think of Brandon Gormley who's now affiliated with the Phoenix Coyotes. He's not as good as him but they got the same skill set.

Dylan+Labbe+NHL+Draft+Portraits+RZQK_DZvYJMl.jpg

Next game is Wednesday against the Rimouski Oceanic.

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Just back from our 5th loss of the season against Rimouski. Cats lost 2-1 but had plenty of chances to score. Looked like the puck wasn't rolling for them tonight.

Despite having no win thus far I think we're just a couple ajustments from winning games. The chemistry is just starting to work so I think once the players will understand each others the puck will start to find the back of the net!

Congrats to Brandon Gignac who scored is first career goal tonight for the Cataractes.

2013-08-20-11-36-25-IMGP5860%20(2).jpg

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
The Chemistry was good on offense. Marvin The Magician was no Magician tonight. 6 goals in a period and a half will lead to him jumping ship at the World Juniors. Make sure we have his passport locked up. Phaneuf looked just as bad. This is a boat going down the cataracte:helps without a rudder. :help:

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Yesterday was the Cats 4th loss in 4 games. Here's the scoresheet:

1. BLB Christopher Clapperton, (3) (Ryan Tesink, Emil Aronsson), 16:40
2. BLB Nikita Jevpalovs, (3) (Marcus Hinds), 11:34
3. SHA Matthew Boudreau, (2) (Frédérick Gaudreau), 17:25 (AN)
4. BLB Marcus Hinds, (2) , 0:31 (DN)
5. SHA Simon Boudreau, (2) (Matthew Boudreau, Frédérick Gaudreau), 2:03(AN) 6. BLB Marcus Hinds, (3) (Frédéric Bergeron, Olivier Picard), 16:42

The best player in this game was Cats goaltender Marvin Cüpper. He made some excellent savez and kept his team in the game for all 60 minutes.

Captain Frederick Gaudreau made huge mistake causing a goal and I think it was the turning point of this game. He's my favorite player on the Cataractes roster and I think the goal was just bad communication between him and his defenseman.

143502_large.png

I want to talk about defenseman Dylan Labbé who improved a lot since last year in my opinion. He's really solid on defense and also showing good things on offense. I wondered why the Minnesota Wild drafted him last year but now I see he's got good upside to his game. He would look better on a stronger team since the Cataractes are off to a bad start this year. He makes me think of Brandon Gormley who's now affiliated with the Phoenix Coyotes. He's not as good as him but they got the same skill set.

Dylan+Labbe+NHL+Draft+Portraits+RZQK_DZvYJMl.jpg

Next game is Wednesday against the Rimouski Oceanic.

Labbe was -4 last night in one game! How does team score 9 goals and lose? This is a coaching problem. This guy was NOT ready to coach at this level. And where was coach of the gards ?

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Well we'll just say that we should forget last night's game... Both Huskies and Cats played probably the worst defensive game I've seen in all my life...

749805-cataractes-perdu-10-9-contre.jpg

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Really? I'm guess Marvin is complaining to hes agent soon to get back to Deutschland. These games are really hurting him as nhl prospect.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
The good news is that Cupper leads the Q in saves. The bad news is that's because he also leads in shots on him. He is a good goaler with no support. It is a shame because he would be a star on a team like BB or Halifax.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad