*OFFICIAL* Shawinigan Cataractes 2013-2014

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Here we go again as the draft's coming closer. Couldn't keep you updated as much as I wanted last season but I'll try to do a better job this time around!

First I'd like to congrats the Halifax Mooseheads on winning the Memorial Cup and taking over the Cats as the reigning Champs!

As for my Cats, they're still in search of a new head coach. Claude Bouchard, Martin Bernard and now Dominic Ducharme would be on the top of the list of GM Martin Mondou.

On a player note, we got the news that we would get Mattew Boudreau from Halifax wich will be a much needed help for our offense this year!

So I wish all of you a good 2013-2014 season!

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Koys didn't confirmed he would be back but I think he will.

620857-presence-patrik-koys-8-marvin.jpg

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Didn't understand a lot of that. What or who is headed to Halifax ? Also , has Mondou mentioned anything in regards to euros ? Cupper was very underrated last season but Koys seemed to be a disappointment. Do they plan to bring him back ? And did he confirm he'd return ?

to complete the trade from december, Boudreau is going to Shawi, and the 2014 1st is going back to Halifax.

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Hello there
Could you tell me a little more about the German goalie?

Marvin Cüpper was our MVP last season in my opinion! He was one of the good reasons to go watch the games at the Bionest!

He's a small goaltender but really quick on his feet. He faced lots and lots of shots all season long since our team wasn't really good. Given this situation he did very well and impressed a lot of people by his calm in the net and his spectacular saves.

images

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Is there someone who could describe me what type of player is Matthew Boudreau. Haven't seen him play a lot so I'm curious to see what we'll get from him.

Also was his stats amplified last year because he played with Drouin and MacKinnon?

images

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Is there someone who could describe me what type of player is Matthew Boudreau. Haven't seen him play a lot so I'm curious to see what we'll get from him.

Also was his stats amplified last year because he played with Drouin and MacKinnon?

images
He's an undersized goalscorer with a good shot and instincts around the net that's particularly useful on the power play.
I thought he showed some nice growth lately in Halifax, but he still has not managed to be able to bring his game in the playoffs.
He was incredibly useful during the regular season as a secondary scoring option though, playing on the second line with Darcy Ashley and Luca Ciampini.
He saw very little if any time with Drouin and MacKinnon but did benefit from playing behind them.

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
He's an undersized goalscorer with a good shot and instincts around the net that's particularly useful on the power play.
I thought he showed some nice growth lately in Halifax, but he still has not managed to be able to bring his game in the playoffs.
He was incredibly useful during the regular season as a secondary scoring option though, playing on the second line with Darcy Ashley and Luca Ciampini.
He saw very little if any time with Drouin and MacKinnon but did benefit from playing behind them.

Thanks a lot for the infos! After reading what you said I think he'll be helpful for us this year!

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
yea look for him to shot from the right circle a lot. He's got a wicked release from there, and I'd say he's probably scored 40 from right there over the past 2 seasons. "Boudreau scores from his office" was a phrase that came up a few times haha.

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
yea look for him to shot from the right circle a lot. He's got a wicked release from there, and I'd say he's probably scored 40 from right there over the past 2 seasons. "Boudreau scores from his office" was a phrase that came up a few times haha.

Good to hear that!

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
Thank you for the info on the goalie! He sounded like he was very busy lol!

Although I cant see the games, i do love listening into the games, via the various teams internet feeds, and from what I gather, Boudreua is a clever, small sized scorer, with a quick snapper, and one timer.
I think he was the trigger on the 2nd PP....so to be fair, Im not sure that he played that much with McKinnon, so his numbers should be applauded.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
He found out while still in Saskatoon . He was told by Russell on the 27th. I can't think of a more appropriate time.

Yea to me that seems like the best thing to do. Let him know before he finds out via the press or twitter. it's gotta be a tough thing to let a guy know hes been traded, couldn't have been easy for either of them.

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
GM Martin Mondou should announce the new head coach of the Cats this week. From what I hear Joey Bouchard is the front runner for the job so far.

images

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
When you say Cats, I think Moncton Wildcats every single time even though this is the Shawinigan thread and you have a Shawinigan avatar lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad