Confirmed with Link: Official Schedule Thread (Released: Opener in Boston 1/19)

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Ugh, I just realized that with opening night being on NHLN I will likely get the Boston feed. NHLN almost never shows the MSG feed.

ugh, that is rough....

Where are you located and who do you have for a provider?

(I live up in Maine and have directv, and during the playoffs listening to the Ottawa feed while the games were being played in new York, drove me insane. I called directv and had them change my physical address to an address in southern CT and now every game is on MSG if it is being shown on MSG)

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Wow, I dislike how the Rangers have hardly any weekend games, and none on Saturday nights.
Ouch.
They generally do not play many saturday night games at home and they have 2 saturday night home games.

Last edited:

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I think it was the same in 95 where the only time East met West was in the SCF.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Wow, I dislike how the Rangers have hardly any weekend games, and none on Saturday nights.
Ouch.

Somebody I know who works for MSG told me that the Rangers actually request to have extra weeknight games for a variety of reasons mainly that they have a large corporate crowd who go to the games and they can use MSG on weekends for Concerts,etc that cater to families and make more money. They have been having about 3-5 weekend day games in recent seasons but none this year. It is all about making money for MSG and since they are sold out they don,t care for fans with young kids:rant:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Somebody I know who works for MSG told me that the Rangers actually request to have extra weeknight games for a variety of reasons mainly that they have a large corporate crowd who go to the games and they can use MSG on weekends for Concerts,etc that cater to families and make more money. They have been having about 3-5 weekend day games in recent seasons but none this year. It is all about making money for MSG and since they are sold out they don,t care for fans with young kids:rant:

I can definitely see that being the case. They likely make a lot more on the concessions on a weeknight game with the after-work crowd than on a weekend.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
The lack of afternoon games sucks for us Europeans. Would have liked to watch more games live, but now I can only do the Saturday night games at night, if I'm even at home at the time the puck drops. Boo :(

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
This is awesome, I'll be going to the Jets home opener in the afternoon and I'll be getting home pretty much exactly in time for the Rangers game! :handclap:

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
ugh, that is rough....

Where are you located and who do you have for a provider?

(I live up in Maine and have directv, and during the playoffs listening to the Ottawa feed while the games were being played in new York, drove me insane. I called directv and had them change my physical address to an address in southern CT and now every game is on MSG if it is being shown on MSG)

Ugh, and just realized the second game is on nhln which likely means the pittsburgh crew. rough first weekend.

I live in the DC area. I have thought about doing what you suggest but direct tv at my house sucks. I used to have it and loved it for the sports, it was nice having my choice of home feeds everytime for both baseball and hockey, plus MSG which I don't get with FIOS. Unfortunately it got to the point where I was losing the signal way too much and it wasn't worth the money I was paying so I switched to FIOS, which I like. The problem is FIOS' hd sports sucks, two or three games in hd is not enough. When I called direct tv to have them come out their tech told me he was afraid to go up on my roof, yeah well then get a new job. Not that it mattered I had enough of them at that point.

So last year I got gamecenter and it wasn't bad, plus it allowed me to watch the non-national games online while at work which was a nice plus, and I could hook my laptop up to my 48inch HD tv and it looked pretty decent actually. They said this year they would be adding it to xbox which would be great and make it easier so still hoping for that, but it doesn't help with the national games.

Just go on here that day and get an MSG Feed stream

I am not a fan of the streams, the quality is usually not good and I don't enjoy watching the game on my computer in my office when I have a nice HDTV in my living room. Hooking the laptop up to the computer for a crappy stream isn't worth it.

Not really much I can do, so just venting about it, maybe I will get lucky and get some MSG feeds on NHLN games.

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
I live in upstate NY. If a game is on NHL Network, does that mean it won't be on MSG in my area? Because I don't think I get Rangers games on NHL network either. Usually forces me to watch a terrible quality stream.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
HockeyBasedNYC, will you be making another schedule like in the previous seasons?

They're great to keep track of each game's result.

Vickers8

HockeyBasedNYC, will you be making another schedule like in the previous seasons?

They're great to keep track of each game's result.

My question too, he always does such a great job, I was trying to find the thread to resurrect it, but was unable...

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
Not sure how legit this is...

BARoofXCcAAaOkQ.jpg:large

Dates say 2012 LOL

Also looks like Home/Road reversed, but probably just assumed that all games are NYR, and home=away... If that makes sense. Obviously take with a grain of salt no matter what until the schedule is official.

:handclap: I can't believe how accurate this was. Thanks again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad