Confirmed with Link: Official Schedule Thread (Released: Opener in Boston 1/19)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Only change I see is Montreal at home is tues feb 19th, not the 20th. Didn't look at the road half too closely.

Game in Florida got moved from Super Bowl Sunday to Tuesday April 23rd and the Friday Februrary 15th game in Buffalo got moved to Tuesday March 12th. Those were the only three date changes.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So why exactly is the main board anticipating a lot of trades/signings tonight? The cap didnt go down

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think for a compressed schedule this is very good for the rangers. A lot of the games are on sat tues and thurs only 3 weds the entire season. Should make for a consistent roll of games allowing the team to get into a routine.

Everyone will have to deal with playing a ton of games but out of the gate the rangers have little travel, over 2/3 rds of their home games in the first half. It should allow them better recovery time (and even a little more practice time) then most teams if managed correctly.

Anyway you cut it there's no easy game or stretch but IMO this sked could be a lot worse and probably is for other teams, even in the eastern conf.

After a final home and home against the pens the final 11 games of the season are against 'manageable' teams

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So why exactly is the main board anticipating a lot of trades/signings tonight? The cap didnt go down

You have Benn, O'Rielly, Subban, and MDZ. All very valuable RFA's left to sign.

A very slim group of UFA's is left, but there's something.

And maybe teams have been communicating its each other about regular trades (not purely cap dumps) for a long time, but haven't had a chance to make them official until now.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Regular 186 day, 82 game season: 3.086 games per week average
Shortened 99 day, 48 game season: 3.394 games per week average

When looked at that way, it's not that much of a difference. One extra game every 3 weeks.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
It's actually great that Asham is out for Game 1. "Softens" us up a bit in terms of fighting. Let the Bruins beat themselves, like last season

Blue Regime

Nov 15, 2008
Groton, CT
Brutal opening start. If we do well though, it will put us in great position over the long haul. But lose too many and we can be out of it pretty quick. Every game essentially counts as 2 normal games, so a 3 game losing streak is pretty brutal.

NYR957

Hagelin's pumped.
Jul 15, 2005
Other teams' skeds are pretty odd. The Islanders have five road games to close season as well as a seven game homestand. The Flyers have similar ones. Wonder why we were spared these long trips.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Other teams' skeds are pretty odd. The Islanders have five road games to close season as well as a seven game homestand. The Flyers have similar ones. Wonder why we were spared these long trips.

i'm sure its mostly based on arena availabilities

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Because our schedule last year was very screwy?

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
if someones looking to go to boston next weekend, just got seats on ebay for 100 each

it is from southshoretickets.. a reputable broker in the boston area

Last edited:

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Wow, I dislike how the Rangers have hardly any weekend games, and none on Saturday nights.
Ouch.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Regardless of who they draw from the Atlantic this schedule could favor the Rangers, big time. Obviously the Western Conference is the far superior conference in terms of depth with the Kings, Canucks, Blues, Predators, Red Wings and even the Coyotes with the addition of the revamped Wild. After the Flyers and Penguins, I don't see a team in the same field as the Rangers. Shouldn't have a problem against the weak Southeast and Rangers had the Northeast's number. Would prefer to face Devs and Isles 5x as opposed to the Pens or Flyers, but that would be nit-picking.

You do realize that the Coyotes lost in the Conference Finals last year?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Wow, I dislike how the Rangers have hardly any weekend games, and none on Saturday nights.
Ouch.

Not sure if serious. They play the following games on a Saturday:

Jan 19th, Jan 26th, Feb 2nd, Feb 23rd, Mar 16th, Mar 30th, April 6th, 13th, and 21st.

9 out of 48 on Saturday. Over 20% of their schedule is on a Saturday. If you meant home, then yes, only 3 (2, but the Islanders are a home game) would be that way. Have to figure those were going to be that way anyway for the other schedule, so they kept it the same. The Garden is most likely being used on Saturdays the most.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Through March 5, the Rangers have two or more home games in a row five times. After that they have two sets. interesting. It seems like there are a lot more road games in the 2nd half.

IBleedNYRBlue

May 24, 2011
New Jersey
Great, the one day I have ****ing off for class on Wed., there's like no games.

Of course most on Tues/Thurs. when I end class at exactly 7.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Wouldn't that mean there are at most 6 sets of 3 in 4 since that requires a back2back to be part of the 3?

It can work on both sides. I prefer to call it a 4 games in 6 nights, but you could have something like this:

Jan 1st, Jan 3rd, Jan 4th, Jan 6th.

That is two different 2 in 3 nights, the back end (3,4,6) and the front end (1,3,4).

They have 2 real 3 in 4 nights. They have 3 real 4 in 6 nights.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Is Ticketmaster gonna have tickets? Right now it seems like they only have February listed.

MrAlfie

Penguins' stretch from March 4th to April 5th

Home
in Philly
in Toronto
Home
Home
in Toronto
Home
Home
Home
in New York
Home
Home
Home
Home
Home
in New York
Home

So basically they are playing a whole month at home and if they are away they can ride their bikes to get there.
Good job! :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad