Official Playoff Thread (Round 3 Match-ups set, OP Updated)

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Anyone know what exactly happened with Francis Perron? I saw on the website he is suspended until further notice for kneeing in game 2 vs Blainville

RandR

May 15, 2011
What the heck has happened to the Olympiques? On Friday, they were up 4-1 early in the 3rd period against Moncton in game 5 and they lost 6-4. And tonight, facing elimination, on home ice, they go down 4-0 after the first 10 minutes. That's 9 goals against in under 2 periods for the team with the best defensive record in the league during the season.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I think they really felt the loss of Trenin. Too bad, I had tickets for tomorrow's game. Not gonna happen...

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
FWIW Moncton seems to be playing the way they played the first half of the year now. And had they never dipped off this wouldn't be an upset at all.

Not to mention the comeback pretty much drained any hopes the Olympiques had. Have to imagine they were pretty drained after that, especially with their injuries.

Moncton has to pray Cape Breton wins tomorrow though. That being said, I didn't think they'd beat Gatineau, so here we are.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
As a Moncton fan I'm really hoping Cape Breton can pull of the win tonight. I think we'll lose to Shawinigan but a series against Rouyn wouldn't be very pretty.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Huskies in 5 tops, too much depth, too much firepower, along with good D and goaltending. I will be extremely surprised if they are not the team representing the Q in Red Deer.
Shawinigan in 6.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I say Huskies in 6. Moncton seems to be playing well enough defensively. The Wildcats seem to be that pesky team that won't go away in games so I think Rouyn-Noranda won't have anything given to them. All their wins will be earned not given.

Shawinigan in 7. I think this series will be quite exciting. Lots of OT is my gut feeling. :D

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I didn't expect Moncton to make it this far. I don't have confidence that they can win against RN but hopefully they put up a great fight against them. I think R-N will win the series though.

Saint John and Shawinigan should be fun, it's not so much a rivalry, well it sort of is because Saint John still resents Shawinigan for taking the Memorial Cup tournament away from them a few years ago. It should be another hard fought series for Saint John. I don't know who is going to come out on top, I'm going to cheer for Saint John but something tells me Shawinigan have the edge at this moment.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
So I bought a ticket to the Saturday May 21 game of the memorial cup between the WHL champs and the QMJHL champs.

So here's hoping my former hometown team, the Wildcats can make it to the big tournament. :)

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
So I bought a ticket to the Saturday May 21 game of the memorial cup between the WHL champs and the QMJHL champs.

So here's hoping my former hometown team, the Wildcats can make it to the big tournament. :)

While I wouldn't put money on that, I've predicted the Wildcats to lose every series they've been in thus far, so, who knows, if they can get past R-N, they can get past anybody.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
While I wouldn't put money on that, I've predicted the Wildcats to lose every series they've been in thus far, so, who knows, if they can get past R-N, they can get past anybody.

I wouldn't put money on it either. I didn't think they would beat Gatineau, yet they seem to find a way. So maybe it turns into a Cinderella story.

Just so we are clear, Moncton would get crushed in the Memorial Cup. London, Brandon/Seattle are the class of the CHL.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I wouldn't put money on it either. I didn't think they would beat Gatineau, yet they seem to find a way. So maybe it turns into a Cinderella story.

Just so we are clear, Moncton would get crushed in the Memorial Cup. London, Brandon/Seattle are the class of the CHL.

I may but the Huskies up there. This is a really deep and talented roster. Which is the main reason I hope R-N wins the Q title, because I think they're the only team with a realistic chance of beating those teams!

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Dogs lose 7-1. But don't be fooled. The reffing was atrocious. Shawinigan had 12 PPs to our 3. Out of that, they got 5 PPGs.

We may have still lost, but there was absolutely no reason for us to lose that badly. The refereeing has gotten completely out of hand. Worst display of officiating I've seen to date.

Not only was it just plain one-sided, but it ultimately resulted in even more scrums.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Dogs lose 7-1. But don't be fooled. The reffing was atrocious. Shawinigan had 12 PPs to our 3. Out of that, they got 5 PPGs.

We may have still lost, but there was absolutely no reason for us to lose that badly. The refereeing has gotten completely out of hand. Worst display of officiating I've seen to date.

Not only was it just plain one-sided, but it ultimately resulted in even more scrums.

You don't lose 7-1 because of the reffing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad