Official Playoff Thread (Round 3 Match-ups set, OP Updated)

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Game 3+4 updated

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:00 PM | Rouyn-Noranda @ Drummondville (Huskies win 10-1, Lead series 3-0)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:00 PM | Rouyn-Noranda @ Drummondville (Huskies win 7-3, Win series 4-0)

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:00 PM | Shawinigan @ Sherbrooke (Shawinigan wins 8-3, Lead series 2-1)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:00 PM | Shawinigan @ Sherbrooke (Shawinigan wins 3-2 2OT, Leads series 3-1)

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:00 PM | Saint John @ Acadie-Bathurst (Sea Dogs win 7-1, Lead series 3-0)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:00 PM | Saint John @ Acadie-Bathurst (Bathurst wins 6-3, Series 3-1 Sea Dogs)

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:30 PM | Val-d'Or @ Blainville-Boisbriand (Blanville wins 3-1, Lead series 2-1)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:30 PM | Val-d'Or @ Blainville-Boisbriand (Blainville wins 3-2, Leads series 3-1)

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:00 PM | Gatineau @ Québec (Gatineau wins 9-3, Leads series 3-0)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:00 PM | Gatineau @ Québec (Gatineau wins 4-2, Wins Series 4-0)

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:00 PM | Moncton @ Victoriaville (Moncton wins 5-2, Leads series 3-1)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:00 PM | Moncton @ Victoriaville (Victoriaville wins 4-2, Series 3-1 Moncton)

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:30 PM | Cape Breton @ Chicoutimi (Cape Breton wins 4-3 OT, Leads series 2-1)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:30 PM | Cape Breton @ Chicoutimi (Chicoutimi wins 5-4, Series tied 2-2)

Game 3 - Tue Mar 29 | 7:00 PM | Rimouski @ Islanders (Islanders wins 8-2, Leads series 2-1)
Game 4 - Wed Mar 30 | 7:00 PM | Rimouski @ Islanders (Islanders wins 4-3 OT, Leads series 3-1)

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
What a great upset by Blainville!
Val d'Or was possibly one of the teams that could've pushed Rouyn-Noranda in a series. I think that makes the path for R-N that much easier as I doubt Blainville will pose much of a threat to them in the Second Round

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
What a great upset by Blainville!
Val d'Or was possibly one of the teams that could've pushed Rouyn-Noranda in a series. I think that makes the path for R-N that much easier as I doubt Blainville will pose much of a threat to them in the Second Round

I think Blainville could give them fits, but RN should be able to fend them off.

Huskies in 6.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I think Blainville could give them fits, but RN should be able to fend them off.

Huskies in 6.

AS much as it would be fantastic to see that happen, I can't imagine Blainville even winning 1 with how Rouyn-Noranda has been playing.

That being said, Blainville beating Val d'Or is a huge accomplishment and they should feel really proud for pulling that off

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
In total fairness, the Huskies still would have drawn the Saguenéens or the Islanders in the second round, which hypothetically wouldn't have been trouble either.

For right now though, I'm going to enjoy the gift of Home Ice that the Pants gave us last night, and hope that they can rough the Huskies up a little. I still see a journey up the 105/117 in or future this spring.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Montembeault has been amazing too. He'll fare better against the Huskies than Bérubé did. For that matter, a feisty, fired up Armada will likely fare better than a beleaguered Voltigeurs team.

I'll guess Huskies in 5, but they won't be blowouts. They'll be close enough that a bit of puck luck could prove me wrong.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Round 2 Predictions:

#1 Huskies vs #13 Armada : Huskies in 6
#2 Shawinigan vs #9 Islanders : Islanders in 7
#3 Sea Dogs vs #7 Eagles : Eagles in 7
#5 Olympiques vs #6 Wildcats : Olympiques in 6

(OP also updated)

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
#1 Huskies vs #13 Armada : Huskies in 4
#2 Shawinigan vs #9 Islanders : Shawinigan in 6
#3 Sea Dogs vs #7 Eagles : Sea Dogs in 6/7
#5 Olympiques vs #6 Wildcats : Olympiques in 6

I know a lot of people are high on BB after their defeated Val d'Or but the Huskies are on another level altogether. I just don't see how BB is going to be close at all in this series, they may not be Drummondville, but the Huskies ain't no Val d'Or.

Shawinigan is just better than the Islanders, and while they may pull a few wins out, I am not confident that they can match Shawinigan's depth.

Saint John is now without Joseph which hurts them big time, but having Veleno now in a top 6 might allow him to break out offensively. Saint John still has its depth and defense, but Cape Breton's leading scorers are doing to be really hard to contain. I suspect that this will go the distance. I gave the edge to Saint John but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose this one either.

Gatineau is going to run wild over Moncton's defensive mistakes. Victoriaville did expose Moncton's weak defense, and Gatineau is not going to be running around in their own end. Sure Moncton may win a game or two, but I can't see them keeping pace with Gatineau.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
#1 Huskies vs #13 Armada : Huskies in 6
#2 Shawinigan vs #9 Islanders : Shawinigan in 7
#3 Sea Dogs vs #7 Eagles : Sea Dogs in 6
#5 Olympiques vs #6 Wildcats : Olympiques in 5

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Cape Breton to much firepower for SeaDogs.5 games its over.:)
ARMADA will give RN a tough fight too.Playing a good system right now.Islanders will fight but lost to Cataractes. and Moncton will get by Gatineau...my 4 cents

Canucks21

Feb 24, 2015
Canada
Tough loss for the Armada last night, I was really hoping they could pull that out.

Terrible loss by the Wildcats.

Terrible win by the Wildcats they shouldn't even be there also terrible fan support nearly 3000 people at the coliseum tonight I bet that wouldn't happen if they were playing a team from their division like they should at this stage of the playoffs.

Also congrats to Chase Marchand beating the Q playoffs record for longest shutout streak

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Chase Marchand now has 5 shutouts in 7 games, at this point his GAA is 0.30 and his SV% is .985 which is frankly ridiculous.

How could he have the longest shutout streak, he played during game 1's loss. Was the record that short?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Avs prospects on the Huskies are doing a wonderful job in the 2nd round. 4G, 5A between the three of them, Greer with 5 assists stands out.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Chase Marchand now has 5 shutouts in 7 games, at this point his GAA is 0.30 and his SV% is .985 which is frankly ridiculous.

How could he have the longest shutout streak, he played during game 1's loss. Was the record that short?

The record was 211min 36sec set by Guillaume Lavallée for the moosehead in 2003 i expect another shut out for my Huskies in the 5th game The Armada has no offensive skill but they're excellent on defence and at home the Huskies finish it on friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad