Official Player Inquiry Thread

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
He had a pretty lackluster season in Södertälje, except for a few odd games. When he was at his best he was good, so maybe he was just not motivated enough to do a great job.

elik12

Jun 4, 2009
Kenny Jönsson

Hey all
Does anybody know what does Kenny Jonsson make after his active career?
Is it an option, that he will be assistant coach in Rogle or something like this?
Thanks for your answers
Best regards

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
He will be opening a carwash so that his dad could keep doing what he's been doing for 30 years.

oh nice. he really sounded tired from hockey when he retired. and he wants to spend more time with his family.

but 5 years from now who knows. i think he will one day be doing something related to hockey. but maybe just a coach for kids or so. imagine 6y olds to be coached by KJ, wouldn't that be cool for them?

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
but 5 years from now who knows. i think he will one day be doing something related to hockey. but maybe just a coach for kids or so. imagine 6y olds to be coached by KJ, wouldn't that be cool for them?
Well, Färjestad is grooming Jörgen for their GM spot, so maybe Kenny will even become GM for Rögle one day?

Trudel

Mar 9, 2004
David Schneider

Ambri-Piotta (team from switzerland) has signed David Schneider. I see his stats in Sweden are not bad, but stats doesn't speaks the whole story....
what can you tell me about him, his strenghts and weaknesses? Skating, shot, engagement etc.
Thanks

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Ambri-Piotta (team from switzerland) has signed David Schneider. I see his stats in Sweden are not bad, but stats doesn't speaks the whole story....
what can you tell me about him, his strenghts and weaknesses? Skating, shot, engagement etc.
Thanks

He's decent in PP, has a pretty accurate shot and there's nothing wrong with his passing.

Weaknesses would be size and defense in general although he's not horrible or anything.

MadarameIkakku83

Sep 10, 2008
Vancouver
Joacim Eriksson and Anders Lindback

was wondering about these two goalie prospects if there has been any rumours of them crossing the pond and playing on NA soil??... what do you guys think is their potential to become nhl starters, any scouting reports or accounts of their abilities are very much appreciated... and if you guys have it what kind of numbers did they posted in the 08/09 season... thx alot for any information :)

blueliner

Tough Building
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
I'm seeking feedback on Skelleftea's Mattias Lindstrom who was recently drafted by the NHL Hurricanes.

For those who've seen him play, how accurate are the Holmstrom comparisons?, and how well would his game adapt to the NHL?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Patric Cehlin

does anyone know why he went undrafted? He looked like an interesting player in the late rounds at least

Jun 30, 2008
Sweden
I'm seeking feedback on Skelleftea's Mattias Lindstrom who was recently drafted by the NHL Hurricanes.

For those who've seen him play, how accurate are the Holmstrom comparisons?, and how well would his game adapt to the NHL?

I saw him in six or seven games last year. He came in and played because of an injury and he became a fan favourite already after the first game. Mattias loves to hit, and he's quite a good hitter. He knows how to use his body.

He also scored a goal that game if I remember correctly. He stood in front of goal and managed to get it in somehow.

Eliteprospects said:
Lindström is a huge and strong two-way player. He likes to play physical and throws his body around with good timing. Does a lot of dirty work along the boards and in the corners. Hockey sense and puck skills are not great, but at least average and a bit underrated. Takes care of his defensive responsibilities and can chip in offensively at times, although it is his physical play and team play that makes him a valuable.

I guess he has some similarities with Holmström. Though I haven't really seen him as much as I would've wanted. Romelson probably has seen him a lot more.

Rediscoveryx

May 10, 2002
Norrland, Sweden
Visit site

I think the comparison to Holmström is very good, though Lindström actually is a better prospect than Holmström was at his age (not sure how much that says though since Holmström hadn't developed his own trademark style at that age). He's got a lot of heart and plays very physically.

Lindström will likely play on Skellefteå's fourth line this winter so we should see a lot more from him.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Anton Rodin

I'm very curious as a Canucks fan to know more about this kid. All reports we've gotten have said he's got TONS of offensive skill and scores amazing goals. THey also say he struggles in Mens league (He had something like 8 SEL games last season). Any information would be greatly appreciated, how's he looking in terms of WJ team?

canucker1000

Jul 7, 2009
Anton Rödin

The Canucks drafted this kid in the second round, and Gm Mike Gillis stated that he was tempted to even draft this kid at 22 if Schroeder did not fall to that spot. Is he insane, or does he have a good reason in stating that. I know that he is playing for SEL, which will be for the next season or two? Any comparisons? :help:

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
Rödin has great speed... Good balance which makes him hard to catch despite his size... Good hands, good shoot.. Also an entertaining player and a hardworking forechecker. He hits hard too. Great offensive upside.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
with those attributes, would that compare him to a franzen, holmstrom burrows kesler?
Rödin has much more speed and skills than Franzén and Holmström, while they are much bigger and stronger than Rödin (at least at the moment)... Rödin is an entertainer... I haven't seen Burrows and Kesler enough to comment on them.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Klingberg vs Silfverberg vs Lander vs Rodin

All 4 of these guys drafted in the 2nd round of this years draft. (Lehner being the only other Swede)

Which one do you like most? Who has the most offensive potential? Style they play or comparable NHL'er in terms of how they play the game. And how would rank them in order?

:)

Last edited:

Johnstarks

Feb 4, 2008
I'd like to bump this thread.

It's been well over a year for André Petersson now. How is he developping? I see most posters still have him pegged in the top 6 for the 2009-2010 WJC swedish team.

Is he attending the Sens camp? Coming over to NA, staying in sweden?

Any update on him would be greatly appreciated!

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Anton Blomqvist?

I was hoping the Blue Jackets would draft Blomqvist last year but am happy they did this year. Can anyone tell me anything about his skillset, where he currently plays (league and team) and what you think his long term potential works out to be.

thanks for any info.

Guss

Nov 15, 2008
I was hoping the Blue Jackets would draft Blomqvist last year but am happy they did this year. Can anyone tell me anything about his skillset, where he currently plays (league and team) and what you think his long term potential works out to be.

thanks for any info.

He`s currently playing for Malmö (Allsvenskan) and will probably get descent minutes this year, looked great at the end of last year when he stepped up from J20 to play aginst men, He`s big and tough, pretty good skating and passing, Could become a good shutdown guy in the future.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
He`s currently playing for Malmö (Allsvenskan) and will probably get descent minutes this year, looked great at the end of last year when he stepped up from J20 to play aginst men, He`s big and tough, pretty good skating and passing, Could become a good shutdown guy in the future.

Thank you. I read that he was a deep "sleeper" for the 2008 draft but was not drafted. I had tried to follow him since then but it is difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad