Official Player Inquiry Thread

RedWingsNow*

Question on former prospects

Just wondering how a couple former prospects are developing:

Cristian Lofberg -- Hakan Andersson praised this guy up and down, saying he had five-star skating and great hands.

Johan Bergren -- 6'4 giant defenseman was taken five rounds ahead of Jon Ericsson. What ever became of him?

Freddie Pettersson -- Great skater with heart and energy. Came over to the WHL after the draft but never got an NHL contract.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Just wondering how a couple former prospects are developing:

Cristian Lofberg -- Hakan Andersson praised this guy up and down, saying he had five-star skating and great hands.

Johan Bergren -- 6'4 giant defenseman was taken five rounds ahead of Jon Ericsson. What ever became of him?

Freddie Pettersson -- Great skater with heart and energy. Came over to the WHL after the draft but never got an NHL contract.

Christofer Löfberg hasn't met those early expectations. He's has done in total 4 goals and 4 assist on 92 games in SEL. He's not playing for a SEL-team anymore, I think he's in the tier II league.
A bust.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1299

Johan Berggren is now playing in the norwegian league. Never made any impact in SEL.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1343

Freddie Pettersson is doing well in SEL. Last season he was great and if he keeps improving his stats I wouldnt be surprised if he goes overseas again.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1715

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I would hardly call Löfberg a bust, he was a key player for Rögle when they won Kvalserien. He could bloom in the right environment and it would be nice to see a SEL team give him another chance, Rögle should have done it next season IMO.

Pettersson has established him self well, he was at PPG pace half way trough the season but then his production basically hit standstill until the playoffs started where he scored 5 goals in 10 games. Future captain of Frölunda unless he decides to test his luck in NA.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
I would hardly call Löfberg a bust, he was a key player for Rögle when they won Kvalserien. He could bloom in the right environment and it would be nice to see a SEL team give him another chance, Rögle should have done it next season IMO.

The subject is former NHL prospects and as such, he's a total bust. The draft pick spent on Löfberg has proven to be a waste.

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec
Mikael Johansson

Apparently the guy signed a contract with Montreal Canadiens. What kind of player is he, what can we expect about him. He seems to be small but can he play gritty, does he skate fast. Thank you.

KCrushers

Jul 15, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Micke has alot of talent but is very imature at times and causes massive turnovers mostly by carrying the puck too much.
He would have benefited by staying in the SEL atleast one more season.

I doubt very much that he will earn a spot on the Habs roster.

I say this as a Färjestad fan and one who has watched pretty much all the games Micke has played as a senior.

He has great hands and speed but hogs the puck and tends to be very static in his transportations, he is a small forward and not very physical, the times Färjestad has met a physical team, Micke has almost always been very tame.

I think he will try to hack in it Hamilton for about 6 months to the whole season and then go home again.

HOWEVER...

I hope I'm wrong, I like him and I think he could be a very good hockeyplayer, I just think he is making a huge mistake right now.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
He have probably the best vision in the SEL and his hands can make nice passes but that is also it. Not physical, doesnt score enough goals, not very quick on the skates (not slow either).
When he played as a center with with goalscoring Fabian Brunnström and grinding Per Åslund as his wingers he could play to his potential. So he is needy to be on the right kind of line. But since Montreal is a puck playing team I think he will fit right in, of he makes the team.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
He didn´t live up to somewhat high expectations. Too much money and too little offense, simple as that. I don´t think that too many SSK-fans are sorry to see him go.

André was brought in to boost SSK's powerplay but didn´t succeed, scoring only two PP-goals despite a ton of ice time on the PP. Only Skellefteå scored fewer powerplay-goals during the season. Perhaps he would have been more successful with a better surrounding but who wouldn´t?

His defensive work still needs improving, he seemed to be too soft and slow on his skates. However André is really good at chewing on his mouthpiece heading back to the bench.

Barney Stinson76

Jul 24, 2002
Austria
Visit site
prospect question

I´m reading a lot of

Carl Klingberg
Marcus Johansson
Jakob Silfverberg
Anton Rodin
Henrik Bjorklund

but who has the most offensive upside of them and who is a sure NHL player?
Can someone give me infos about them please?
Maybe someone who saw them play! ;-)

thanks

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
i can only comment on klingberg, he's the only one i saw more than once.

he's a pretty sure NHLer, because he plays the NA game. he's the closest to what you can call a swedish power forward.

predatore once compared him to loui eriksson. i think klingberg is a bit less offensive and much grittier. but something between eriksson and jere lehtinen is what could describe him the best IMO.

even if he doesn't pan out as top6 player, he could become a decent grindliner.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Klingberg is the safe bet, if he develops he could become a very valuable top six player, and if he doesn't he'll fit well on a checking line. He got the size and speed to make it in the NHL, and the desire to play there.

Of the two Brynäs kids I really like Silfverberg, if teams have done their scouting correctly he should be picked late in the third round.

Johansson is the next safest pick after Klingberg. Björklund, heard some good things about him but only seen him play once so I can't say much about his chances in the NHL.

Raggamuffin

Oct 18, 2005
To be honest he played on a garbage team that had zero offense. I wouldn't put too much into his performance last season.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Jesper Samuelsson

Is he expected to recieve top 6 icetime this coming season and is he a ligit NHL prospect? I asked these questions on the Sweden board because I figured people from there would know more about him.:)

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Havnt seen him too much but I doubt he will se top 6 minutes this season.. He will likely play more than last season though and I think we will see if he is a legit NHL prospect or not. But since Detroit drafted him I say it's quite possible ;)

dr-nix

Beware of the Bunny!
Feb 7, 2005
Honestly he's a longshot. Sure i see potential in the guy. But he won't be a Zetterberg och Jonathan Ericsson draft pick.

How much icetime he will see next season is anyones guess, he'll most likely be a 4th line center at best. But he might have a great summer of training, who knows.

Ask again in September or summn (when we've seen the guy play some preseason games).

bosbruin

Apr 18, 2006
Massachusetts
Bruins prospect Carl Soderberg

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could give me the lowdown on Carl Soderberg. Have you seen him play and is he any good? Will he ever play in the NHL?:yo:

Also, I'm looking for a Swedish national team jersey with HEDMAN on the back, any ideas? Thanks.

Bosbruin

1992LuckyTown

Apr 9, 2009
I Think it because it is of season and summer even the Swedish forums is dead now.

About Carl he made a good season in Swedish second division and is the big star in my team Malmö and he is going stay there this season in the only club he have ever played in he have a big hart for the club so he want to play them up to the first division before he leaves. He have said that he is in no rush to go over and play in the NHL and he don´t want to play in the farm team.

Jun 30, 2008
Sweden
I Think it because it is of season and summer even the Swedish forums is dead now.

About Carl he made a good season in Swedish second division and is the big star in my team Malmö and he is going stay there this season in the only club he have ever played in he have a big hart for the club so he want to play them up to the first division before he leaves. He have said that he is in no rush to go over and play in the NHL and he don´t want to play in the farm team.

I admire Carl for the love he has for Malmö, but I really think that he needs to play on a higher level. I would like to see him play in the SEL for a season.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Summaries avaliable at Eliteprospects:

Carl Klingberg:
Klingberg is a lightning fast skater with great acceleration as well as top speed. He has good size and strength and uses this to his advantage. Work ethic is good and so is his attitude. Furthermore, he has good hockey sense and technical skills and is able to set up as well as finish play. Has the potential to become a high scoring player in the future, but could also be used a a role player.

Marcus Johansson:
Johansson has great hockey sense, good technical skills and soft hands. He reads the play very well and is a skilled playmaker. Is also a speedy skater that does not hesitate to play the body.

Jakob Silfverberg:
Silfverberg is a strong skating two-way forward with good hockey sense. He is a very smart and mature player and is solid both offensively and defensively. Silfverberg has decent technical skills and plays with plenty of intensivty. His shot is quick, but could be more accurate and he does not really play very physical.

Anton Rödin:
Rödin is a very skilled player. His offensive game stands out thanks to his superb skating, his shot, hockey sense and puck handling. Usually scores quite spectacular goals and does not shy away from playing physical. Could use some more strength though.

Henrik Björklund:
A pure sniper. Björklund has good size, is strong and aggressive. He has a good release that he likes to use often. Not a terrific skater, but still very hard to steal the puck from when he reaches full speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad