Official Oil Kings 2017-18 Thread

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
You'd have to think if Lazar gets sent back the Oil Kings will trade him for a kings ransom.

Or they make a few moves the other way and go for one last crack at the it. Kelowna is gonna be damn tough, but Jarry is arguably the top goalie in the WHL, and if you've got Lazar here they could go on a run, finish 3rd or 4th in the East, and then potentially take a run for at least the Eastern Championship. The fact that they haven't done anything the last couple of days with the flurry of activity makes me think that maybe Hansch has heard something regarding that, I figured at the least they'd move out one of the 20s and potentially Jarry.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The Oil Kings have acquired 19 year old defenseman Marshall Donald from the Calgary Hitmen today. He has 8 points and 42 PIM in 32 games with the Hitmen this year. Interesting move, wonder if this could possibly preface moving Sautner or Orban out.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oil Kings have acquired 19 year old defenseman Marshall Donald from the Calgary Hitmen today. He has 8 points and 42 PIM in 32 games with the Hitmen this year. Interesting move, wonder if this could possibly preface moving Sautner or Orban out.

If I had to guess I would say Sautner, they probably get more for him in a deal, Sautner's a 20 year old correct? Who could take him?

gizette2002

May 30, 2006

Jesse Mills left the team for personal reasons

poutineprofessor92

Jun 28, 2011
This may sound like a stupid question but how would one go about getting oil kings tickets? Can you just show up and buy them? What are the chances of getting 10 tickets beside each other?

Oct 15, 2008
Kijiji. There are many charity organizations that have tickets available. They will cost you less and you wont have to pay the ridiculous service charges.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Back to back wins against Kelowna and Red Deer. Nice little stretch for the boys, let's see the keep it going.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Well with 15 games left and the Kings barely holding on to the last playoff spot I think it's pretty safe to say this season has been a disappointment. Even though they lost a ton of talent, I felt that they had enough experience to be sitting in 4th or 5th right now. Supposed scorers like Eller and Kulda have had very disappointing seasons and injuries have ravaged the club throughout the year. Looking like a first round sweep at the hands of the Wheat Kings coming up if the Oil Kings can make the playoffs.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well with 15 games left and the Kings barely holding on to the last playoff spot I think it's pretty safe to say this season has been a disappointment. Even though they lost a ton of talent, I felt that they had enough experience to be sitting in 4th or 5th right now. Supposed scorers like Eller and Kulda have had very disappointing seasons and injuries have ravaged the club throughout the year. Looking like a first round sweep at the hands of the Wheat Kings coming up if the Oil Kings can make the playoffs.

Eller isn't really a scorer.

Kulda has been a big disappointment, guy can't create his own offense.

OTOH, it's clearly a rebuilding year and we've seen glimpses of the future.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Excited to see my first Oil Kings game on Sunday. Flying into edmonton for Oilers games on Fri/Sat, and then Oil Kings on Sunday. How is the atmosphere there?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The playoffs have been a lot of fun, but it's definitely better to temper your expectations for the Oil Kings. It's more of a family atmosphere, more laid back. No cocky swagger like Portland.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Excited to see my first Oil Kings game on Sunday. Flying into edmonton for Oilers games on Fri/Sat, and then Oil Kings on Sunday. How is the atmosphere there?

It's a much more kid friendly atmosphere than the Oilers, but still a fun time.

The team is still battling for a playoff spot despite having fallen off hard from their championship years, and the games are usually very exciting.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Oilkings games are nothing special unfortunately.

Compared to what...Oilers games? I'll take the Oil Kings over the Oilers. I'm paying about $20 for nice OKs seats and turned down Oilers seats for Boston last night for $25 each. I don't even watch the Oilers on TV anymore. I'm going to be checking out the Alberta Golden Bears soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad