Official Oil Kings 2017-18 Thread

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Home opener is September 20th against Kootenay, Ticketmaster says tickets aren't on sale until September 5th. Thank god, I have time.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Home opener is September 20th against Kootenay, Ticketmaster says tickets aren't on sale until September 5th. Thank god, I have time.

Then it must be the flex pack folks and season's ticket holders who are scooping them up because I've seen the seating chart with available tickets and the arena was half sold out a few days ago. Every 18-game flex pack gets two free tickets to the home opener and I booked eight seats on Monday.

By the time you buy there may only be scraps left.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Everybody and anybody should head out to St. Albert tonight to catch the future Oil Kings in action. I'm excited hockey is back!!!

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
The only ones I see as having a chance to make the big team are Reinhart and Lazar. The others will be returned to the Oil Kings or their their teams AHL/ECHL affiliates.

Reinhart will play for the Islanders this year. I'm still a believer that Ottawa will send Lazar back for one more year of junior.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Anyone in the loop know who the Kings will be missing opening night due to NHL camps?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Anyone in the loop know who the Kings will be missing opening night due to NHL camps?

If I'm not mistaken it will be Lazar, Pollock, Baddock, Irving and Jarry.

EDIT: Apparently Mayo didn't even get an invite to Coyotes main camp, so he'll be back.

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
What time should we be at the game Saturday for the festivities, photos with the cup, etc.?

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
For those who can't get out to the Oil Kings games (and haven't already seen it in the TSN 1260 thread), here's a post from Guy Flaming that may be of interest to you:

Oil Kings 2014-15 season starts on Saturday. Corey Graham calls a great game, I'm happy to join him this year to do colour.

Double banner raising, opening night festivities as Kootenay comes to town. Broadcast starts at 6:30 pm.

- Guy

Btw, congrats on the new gig, Guy. Will you be doing any away games?

Guy Flaming

For those who can't get out to the Oil Kings games (and haven't already seen it in the TSN 1260 thread), here's a post from Guy Flaming that may be of interest to you:

Btw, congrats on the new gig, Guy. Will you be doing any away games?

Only the ones I can get to on my own so Red Deer, maybe Calgary. No room on the bus for the colour guy. #SadTrombone

Thanks for the congrats though, it's appreciated.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
So pumped to be going to this game. I remember my first game back in 07 where we got murdered by Medicine Hat. Been going every year ever since.

Sadly, I wasn't able to get season tickets because of school (last term) and my friend I wanted to do it with moving to China. I plan on getting some mini packs.

I'm so excited for the Banner raising. It will be unreal.

Although, I think I've gone to Kootenay games more so than any other team. Can't recall going to a game where they beat the OKs.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Great start to the season!
4-2 with 2 goals from Koep, and a good game in goal from Dea. Nice that it was on hockeystreams for those of us who couldn't be there.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Awesome game!

Kids looked a little nervous, and some really sloppy passes, but they got it done. Good game from Dea, I'm seeing Jarry/Dea as the tandem this year.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Only the ones I can get to on my own so Red Deer, maybe Calgary. No room on the bus for the colour guy. #SadTrombone

Thanks for the congrats though, it's appreciated.

What? You won't be making the quick hop over the mountains to Prince George? What a diva! ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Team loses 4 or 5 key players, still manages to dominate the game and shot clock and win. Young guys step in without losing a step. These are signs of a well-managed team.

Also, lol @ Sautner continuing right where he left off last year. +3 tonight. On pace to actually break his +/- numbers from last season. :sarcasm:

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Fantastic game last night. It was everything I wanted it to be for my first hockey game of the year. The oil kings dominated, I can only hope the oilers have some games like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->