Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Florida has Ekblad and Weegar already….
Who are both better than Trouba

Ekblad's a given. I think Trouba is better than Weegar, but they aren't worlds apart or anything. I'd just be surprised if Trouba didn't don a Panther's sweater at some point in his career. I mean, when he was playing in Winnipeg he bought a luxury home in Ft. Lauderdale because of how much he and his wife love the area. As a doctor (after the residency), she can work anywhere. And there happens to be an NHL team ~10 miles from home? I don't claim to have any inside info or anything. I just see a lot of things that would entice a player like Trouba to want to be there. And Weegar may well be gone by then anyway (he goes UFA a year before Trouba's clause converts).

Reactions: bernmeister

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ekblad's a given. I think Trouba is better than Weegar, but they aren't worlds apart or anything. I'd just be surprised if Trouba didn't don a Panther's sweater at some point in his career. I mean, when he was playing in Winnipeg he bought a luxury home in Ft. Lauderdale because of how much he and his wife love the area. As a doctor (after the residency), she can work anywhere. And there happens to be an NHL team ~10 miles from home? I don't claim to have any inside info or anything. I just see a lot of things that would entice a player like Trouba to want to be there. And Weegar may well be gone by then anyway (he goes UFA a year before Trouba's clause converts).

You are kidding yourself if you don’t see Weegar as better.

Florida isn’t going to take Rangers off the hook from that contract just stop

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
You are kidding yourself if you don’t see Weegar as better.

Florida isn’t going to take Rangers off the hook from that contract just stop

Weegar is a better value, but I think Trouba is the better player. He's been phenomenal this year, in particular. Regardless, as I said, any gap between the two certainly isn't big enough to qualify for "kidding yourself" comments.

And again, there's no guarantee that Weegar will even be there in two years, and my sense was that Florida didn't have a whole lot in the pipeline at RD (could be wrong though, as I don't follow other teams prospect pipelines all that closely). Still, most of what I brought up involves why it makes sense for Trouba to eventually want to play for Florida. The interest may not be mutual, but I see an opportunity there depending on how the next couple of year play out re: Florida's blueline and the salary cap.

Reactions: bernmeister

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Weegar is a better value, but I think Trouba is the better player. He's been phenomenal this year, in particular. Regardless, as I said, any gap between the two certainly isn't big enough to qualify for "kidding yourself" comments.

And again, there's no guarantee that Weegar will even be there in two years, and my sense was that Florida didn't have a whole lot in the pipeline at RD (could be wrong though, as I don't follow other teams prospect pipelines all that closely). Still, most of what I brought up involves why it makes sense for Trouba to eventually want to play for Florida. The interest may not be mutual, but I see an opportunity there depending on how the next couple of year play out re: Florida's blueline and the salary cap.

Weegar was 8th in Norris voting last year, ahead of Ekblad.

With Barkov, Hubs, Bennett, Lundell, Ekblad, Weegar they aren’t spending that money on Trouba.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
what cap room is flordia going to have to take on a 8 mill a year contract.....

Honestly it doesn't matter, NYR need you to do this for us all, they have cap issues don't ya know? Plus it has already been decided that once his NMC is up any of the 15 teams he can be traded to will AUTOMATICALLY have accept......

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
The problem with this thread is that most fans of other teams seem to understand the value of Miller, especially at 50%, but feel that he isn't a piece that their team should pay the asking price for.

So, in the end, we'll see if at least one GM disagrees with his HF representatives. :P

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Probably not even close. Heck I think hes around 4th or 5th on just the Sabres. I'd have Quinn, Power, Levi, and possibly Peterka ahead of him.
3 of those names are not better prospects than Krebs. Quinn I think there could be a healthy debate, the other 2 aren't even close.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
lmao

he's got the lowest cap hit v production ..lol PERIOD

GwZLCVcU_400x400.jpg

Reactions: qq

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Is there potential for more of a hockey trade involving Miller? How much value would unloading that OEL contract hold for the new management group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad