Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
You do realize the second was to get rid of Panik, yes? Mantha also has way more term.

Nice try

Even if I ascribe to the idea that the 2nd was to get rid of cap space, is that not exactly what's happening with the 50% retention here? Of course Miller with his while cap hit is worth a bit less, but I thought the idea here was that the only conceivable way NY would take him on was with that retention, that would need to be further paid for.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I doubt JT gets dealt this year, would piss off the team in a big way unless they get an offer they CAN'T REFUSE.

That said, 2 fan bases will be affected if JT is dealt, but holy shit...does HF whine and bitch about every proposal or player value ever posted on this forum! Does it affect your life personally...NOPE! Did you pay those players salaries, NOPE!

Stop bickering like children already, whatever happens will happen and fans of the teams who make the trade can discuss at length then. If Canuck management screws up the return of JT it wouldn't surprise me, I don't have faith in our new Penguins front office when other candidates where available...time will tell, let's hope this Swedish GM has some balls and gets creative when it comes to fixing the Canucks!

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Still trying to figure out how all of a sudden Braden Schneider all of a sudden became the second coming of Bobby Orr.
no one said that.
BUT teams understand their needs and their pipeline, and NYR know Schneider is unique among their pipeline, and needs to be retained.
While some team, like Canucks in Western Canada, saw how good Schneider can be, when he was best D-man in WHL last year, and invited to Canada's WC team

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Spot on. If the Rangers think Miller (or any other guys out there) are the missing piece, giving up Schneider to seal the deal should be a no brainer.

Yeah it's the same situation as Florida with Spencer Knight. Sure, Knight is a top prospect and is hard to give up, but you literally have Bobrovsky and he's going nowhere anytime soon. It's a classic example of trading from a position of strength, why refuse to trade a potential starting goalie or top-4 D when you have those roles filled for the next half decade?

This is especially true because it's not like Schneider is NY's only RD prospect, either. Lundkvist is another great RD prospect and Rangers fans keep hyping up other guys like Jones.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Can we agree that he's somewhere in between Blake Coleman and Mario?

Sure but then we have to agree that Schneider is somewhere between Nolan Foote and Bobby Orr and then I don't think we've really gotten anywhere meaningful.

Reactions: bl02

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Maybe it was in another thread, but I find it weird that Canucks fans are so dismissive of Lundkvist as a big piece in a Miller trade. The dude was literally one of the best D prospects coming out of Sweden and produced at insane rates as a 19 and 20 year old. Just because he's not destroying the NHL at age 21 doesn't mean he's no longer a top RD prospect.

From the Rangers side, I also wouldn't make Schneider a sticking point if Vancouver was insistent on getting Schneider. The Rangers have Fox and Trouba on RD, and neither of those guys are moving at any point prior to 2024-2025 (when Trouba's NMC turns into a 15 team NTC). Schneider is a logical Trouba replacement down the line, but Trouba is literally unmovable for at least the next 2.5 seasons and probably more. Having Lundkvist or Schneider as your 3rd pair RD for likely the next 4.5 years really won't move the needle much for the Rangers winning IMO.

Your last part explains why the Rangers will more than likely not move Schneider.

When Trouba’s NMC is up, they’ll move him. Schneider has looked so good so far that he could possibly step into that role a lot sooner than many think.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Your last part explains why the Rangers will more than likely not move Schneider.

When Trouba’s NMC is up, they’ll move him. Schneider has looked so good so far that he could possibly step into that role a lot sooner than many think.

I pretty much guarantee you that moving Trouba will be incredibly difficult even after his NMC expires.

He has a 15 team NTC in the first year after his NMC expires and a 12 team NTC in the last year of his deal. He can easily set up that NTC to be predatory and make himself damn near untradeable, which I feel like he'd do considering he strong-armed his way to NY.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Sure but then we have to agree that Schneider is somewhere between Nolan Foote and Bobby Orr and then I don't think we've really gotten anywhere meaningful.

This is pretty disingenuous. I don’t recall anyone saying Schneider was equal to Foote. The narrative was that Lundkvist was > but not >>> better than Foote.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I pretty much guarantee you that moving Trouba will be incredibly difficult even after his NMC expires.

He has a 15 team NTC in the first year after his NMC expires and a 12 team NTC in the last year of his deal. He can easily set up that NTC to be predatory and make himself damn near untradeable, which I feel like he'd do considering he strong-armed his way to NY.
There's always the Devils and Islanders to play for if the Trouba's wish not to move.
If he keeps playing as he has I see little reason to move him at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad