Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
JT MF Miller!! Guy is a stud, he does it all. He’s a throwback player, if he does get traded I hope he goes to a contender and ones it all.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Gonna get interesting when the offseason comes around if JT isn't willing to actually re-sign there...

We know this is likely the outcome where another team outbids us. Plan b is probably trade him at draft or leading up to it.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
At this point is it beneficial for Canucks to trade Miller if he ends up with 100 points this season and improving every year? I mean if he doesnt re-sign with Canucks, fine but if we have a chance to sign him then why not sign him. There is no way in hell Canucka are trading a top 10 NHL point getter for chump change. Should be a 1st, 2nd, top prospect plus another good prospect minimum

Reactions: Play and egelband

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
or either kerfoot. so toronto/van are not suitable trade partners. toronto doesnt have the pieces that van wants.
We dont want Torontos garbage. I dont think Toronto has anything to offer unless they want to trade Nylander for Miller straight up.

Reactions: David71

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks just can’t trade Miller. Unless the wheels come off, they’re absolutely looking like a playoff team. They’ve got some ground to make up but they’re looking really solid now. It’s a tough spot for management but I think they go for it.
I hope so but our D sucks so bad. This is where a Tanev would make this team a legit playoff team.

Reactions: egelband

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
I have a feeling Miller doesn't want to re sign here, but I have to give him props for being fully committed to performing in the mean time. Great player.
Even if he was interested in re-signing him, why wouldn't he test out free agency and see what everyone else is going to offer? He's going to be the hottest commodity on the market in a year

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
I'd be leery of an 8 year deal but would be happy with a higher AAV personally.
If they team wasn't weighed by hilariously inefficient defense contracts, then UFA pricing for Miller wouldn't be bad.

But with OEL, Myers, and Poolman signed longterm and all costing way more than their actual value, we don't have the room to take on a big Miller contract.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Even if he was interested in re-signing him, why wouldn't he test out free agency and see what everyone else is going to offer? He's going to be the hottest commodity on the market in a year
Toews, Kane, Tarasenko, O'Reilly, Pasta, MacKinnon, Larkin, Meier, Huberdeau and Horvat are all possible pending UFA's the same time as Miller and Some big names the following year.
The cap staying flat could flip the power of the League over the next two seasons

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Going off the Muzzin and McDonagh deals, somewhere between
1st + Aminus Prospect + Bplus prospect
and
1st + Solid A Prospect + Bplus prospect + Cond 1st/2nd

no A+ level/blue chip/ top 15 in the league prospect

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Going off the Muzzin and McDonagh deals, somewhere between
1st + Aminus Prospect + Bplus prospect
and
1st + Solid A Prospect + Bplus prospect + Cond 1st/2nd

no A+ level/blue chip/ top 15 in the league prospect
You clearly have not watched Miller (with the exception of the game against the Leafs). There is absolutely no way you could have watched him regularly and still think his value is similar to an average second pairing dman. That's fine, I get west coast games are on pretty late and the Nucks haven't really been must see viewing since 2012, but Muzzin and Miller aren't the same value.

Reactions: Canucks LB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad