Official HF 2005 Mock Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I'm pretty sure I know who you're going to pick, and I think he'll be a great fit on the Nucks even if he's not filling an immediate need. MB would cry if you choose the guy I'm thinking of.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
fredez said:
I could be interested in trading down if someone come up with a good offer. I have the 18th overall choice, so if anyone is interested either PM me an offer or post it in this thread.
I have an interest possibly.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
I'm pretty sure I know who you're going to pick, and I think he'll be a great fit on the Nucks even if he's not filling an immediate need. MB would cry if you choose the guy I'm thinking of.
I'm betting it's a local guy. lil feller

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Trade

From Montreal : 18th overall pick
From Islanders : Janne Niinimaa, 47th overall pick, Wes O'Neill

Awaiting official confirmation

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
borro said:
This guys gonna be awesome. Can't believe he fell here. I had him at 10.

I don't think that he's a naturally gifted as some of the other guys selected above him, but he makes up for it with his speed and hustle.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Damn, this is tougher than I thought, Can't decide between Parent of McArdle, both would be great picks. Parent is the safer pick, while McArdle is more riska. Gonna need a little more time to think about this, and to make MB cry some more. ;)

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
fredez said:
I'm 100% pleased with the deal I got with Morrison anyway

No kidding! I would be too. :amazed: A number 2 Dman a 2nd round pick and a potential number 3/4 Dman prospect. I'd say you turned a hell of a deal.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Thank you!

But I passed on picking a potential #1-2 defenseman who was still available so I think the deal is pretty even. I won't name him but I'm pretty sure a lot of people can guess who it is.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
After much thought, and interviews with the respective players, The Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select Kenndal McArdle, BPA and a local boy to boot. Hopefully McArdle won't make me regret not taking Parent here, but McArdle is just too good. If this were the real Canucks management they'd probably take Parent, but I fired all their asses, and our new WHL scout actually found a good player for once instead of the crap the last WHL scout always seemed to suggest.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
Legionnaire said:
No kidding! I would be too. :amazed: A number 2 Dman a 2nd round pick and a potential number 3/4 Dman prospect. I'd say you turned a hell of a deal.
I would definately agree he got a great deal from me. ;) The Isles have lots of blueliners with Aucoin, Hamrlik and Jonnson. I felt he got a solid #3 D-man, 2nd and a project in O'Neill. I overpaid to make sure I would get the 18th pick. I thought it was ok.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
With the 18th overall pick, the New York Islanders are proud to select, from the OHL's Guelph Storm, defenseman Ryan Parent!

Last edited:

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Morrison_Rulz said:
I would definately agree he got a great deal from me. ;) The Isles have lots of blueliners with Aucoin, Hamrlik and Jonnson. I felt he got a solid #3 D-man, 2nd and a project in O'Neill. I overpaid to make sure I would get the 18th pick. I thought it was ok.

I'm not trying to be critical, after all the purpose of this thread is for the participants to have fun and I enjoy following it. But with Jonsson possibly not returning to the NHL, and Aucoin and Hamrlik approaching UFA status, I doubt the Isles would trade Niinimaa. He was also signed to a 3 year extension recently.

I suppose with Niinimaa's contract gone Milbury could make a push to retain Hamrlik and/or Aucoin, but that would be risky.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Koltsov said:
After much thought, and interviews with the respective players, The Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select Kenndal McArdle, BPA and a local boy to boot. Hopefully McArdle won't make me regret not taking Parent here, but McArdle is just too good. If this were the real Canucks management they'd probably take Parent, but I fired all their asses, and our new WHL scout actually found a good player for once instead of the crap the last WHL scout always seemed to suggest.

Great pick!

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Morrison_Rulz said:

Aucoin and Hammer are UFAs though, doubtful they'll be back. Word is Jonsson is retiring from the NHL.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
RangerFan13 said:
I'm not trying to be critical, after all the purpose of this thread is for the participants to have fun and I enjoy following it. But with Jonsson possibly not returning to the NHL, and Aucoin and Hamrlik approaching UFA status, I doubt the Isles would trade Niinimaa. He was also signed to a 3 year extension recently.

I suppose with Niinimaa's contract gone Milbury could make a push to retain Hamrlik and/or Aucoin, but that would be risky.
I do know of these possibilities. I do follow hockey you know. ;) I only made the deal because the draft was just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad