Official HF 2005 Mock Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Havlat said:
I know it may be premature but Luongo is 26, in 5 years he'll be 31 years old and Price will be 24 ! Although I would love to have Luongo on our team forever, I think we got to have a good safety net in case he leaves, and that's why I pulled out the trade, now with Price and Shantz, we're very very good !

And as I said, my plan is to trade Luongo sometime (if we were in the real NHL) when Price will be ready to take-over and with that trade we'll work on our holes !

I thought the Panthers have good depth in the forwards and defensemen rank, so I could sacrifice a kid like Stewart, to get a goaltender many said was "a sure-fire top 10 pick" with some great size, puckhandling skills and great other attributes !

:)

Right. Hopefully by the Panthers will have built a perrenial playoff contender. If something goes awry with Luongo(injuries, contract etc.) they should have a guy who will be able to step in and fill his shoes nicely.

maxen1

Jul 17, 2004
Oilers Pick

The Oilers are happy to select a Western kid - Devin Setoguchi

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
St. Louis Blues PICK

The St. Louis Blues Organization, after much tought and debate (5 minutes) would like to select

Niklas Bergfors for Sodertalje in the SEL.

Add him to Soderberg and Fredrickson and we can expect to have 3 swedes on the same line in Peoria at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I'd like to have a team if one's open. Any team, doesn't really matter to me.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
With Marc Staal off the board, I'd be willing to trade down, yet again.

PM if you want to move up. I'm mostly looking at adding depth to Carolina's lackluster chart. Interested in picks, LW, D, mostly...

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
KILLger said:
Dallas sends
20th and 80th overall pick in 2005 draft
to Carolina for:
16th overall pick in 2005 draft

Confirmed....just giving up a 3rd rounder to move up and grab a guy we are shocked is still on the board. Dallas selects center Marek Zagrapan. Most mocks have him going in the top 12 or so, so we had to jump at the chance at getting him here.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Chaos said:
Confirmed....just giving up a 3rd rounder to move up and grab a guy we are shocked is still on the board. Dallas selects center Marek Zagrapan. Most mocks have him going in the top 12 or so, so we had to jump at the chance at getting him here.

Great steal to get him so far in the draft, I was going to make an offer to move up to get him... :clap:

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Duff88 said:
Great steal to get him so far in the draft, I was going to make an offer to move up to get him... :clap:

Felt he is too much of a floater for my liking.... I had like 4 5 guys I rank equally so I just add another round.

EDIT: Was pissed off when Staal was picked, screwed my plans!

X-SHARKIE

Chaos said:

I was going to pay much more to move up from 28th but in the end I said no because Zags would just add depth to an organization like SJ that has plenty of forwards.

Great move up though, He was the guy I was targeting...Just ask Killger.

Kudos to you.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
I could be interested in trading down if someone come up with a good offer. I have the 18th overall choice, so if anyone is interested either PM me an offer or post it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig