Official HF 2005 Mock Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
San Jose wants To move up, Willing to part with 28th overall, 49th overall, and 55th overall to move up high as possible. If interested in a 1st, two 2nds, in a trade down let me know.

Caps own the 55.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Any prospects/roster players on the board?

No the Kings can't draft rask. They assured me that Cechmanek was the man. The Kings change their pick to Danny Syvret! That way they won't change the squander tradition!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Who is Florida going to draft now?

I personally wouldn't have traded away Stewart, but a guy like O'Marra could be just what the doctor ordered. Then again Luongo may not be there forever. Carey Price could be pretty attractive in that spot.

I don't think that Keenan would draft Zagrapan-at all.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
The Florida Panthers are proud to select, with some of the forwards wanted already taken and no real standout guy on defense, from the Tri-City Americans...

Carey Price, G, 6'3 ??? (over 200...) lbs

Don't saw the kid a lot if I remember, but I gotta love what I hear and the Panthers desperatly need an elite prospect goaltender... I know some will kill me by trading Stewart but I think that we have still a strong group of forwards in terms of farm system that have good potential... So I take the homer here... The guy playing on the bad team and all, playing all those minutes and still putting great numbers, elevating his game into the playoffs and he can own his own in a puckhandling battle ! Price should have been the first goalie taken me think but still Rask is pretty good ! And for those Panthers who are going to cry, we won't retain Luongo for his entire career so developping slowly a great goaltending prospect like Price, in the way that Theodore was brought up... Very slowly... Then we'll trade Luongo before he leaves to get the same value that would have Stewart ! ;)

Nice plan don't you think ?

And we still have Bouw, Horton, Jokinen, Luongo, Weiss, Olesz, Krajicek, Van Ryn and others for a couple more years so the missing of Stewart won't be that dramatic when you also consider that we have some depth in forward prospects !!! And although I love his story, and I woud love him to become that top-six forward... I'm not yet sold on his potential so...

I love that trade !

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
"Panthers already winner of the draft ?"

Well, with some top-tier talent at the head of the draft... watching by what the other teams have done, the Panthers are on for a great draft IMO

Watch us ! :D

Still looking to add a top defenseman or character players entering their primes !

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
markov` said:
I think trading Stewart and Krajicek for Price is not far from the worst move the Florida Panthers could make.

Yeh, that Luongo guy is overrated. If I would have pulled that trade Legionnaire would have wet his drawers and gone on and on about Luongo.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
markov` said:
I think trading Stewart and Krajicek for Price is not far from the worst move the Florida Panthers could make.

You should follow the conversation before jumping on me Crosby-crybaby...

I've traded Stewart for Price, and if you don't think it's good then ok but read my post it should make our discution easier ! And you should admit that it isn't as brutal as was Krajicak AND Stewart for the pick !

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
borro said:
Yeh, that Luongo guy is overrated. If I would have pulled that trade Legionnaire would have wet his drawers and gone on and on about Luongo.

Yep. I'm out to get you.

Is Luongo going to be there in five years? That's the question I'd have to ask.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Havlat said:
You should follow the conversation before jumping on me Crosby-crybaby...

I've traded Stewart for Price, and if you don't think it's good then ok but read my post it should make our discution easier ! And you should admit that it isn't as brutal as was Krajicak AND Stewart for the pick !

Agree, but I would've kept Stewart over Price personally. You have Luongo, you're gonne be fine for at least 10 years. Why don't you pick a good goalie in the 2nd round, and keep Stewart, and pick a good defenseman in round 1. It would've been so much better for you.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
markov` said:
In Florida, winning his 3rd Vezina trophy. ;)

I said is he, not where ;)

You really don't know what's going to happen in that time span. Sure maybe giving up Stewart was a bit premature, but Price IMO will be a great starter in the future.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
Sorry guys Im going to have to relenquish my GM job of the Isles. When I signed up I didn't anticipate how long this would take, or the buisness trip I am being sent on today. I apologize again, and good luck to all.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
markov` said:
Agree, but I would've kept Stewart over Price personally. You have Luongo, you're gonne be fine for at least 10 years. Why don't you pick a good goalie in the 2nd round, and keep Stewart, and pick a good defenseman in round 1. It would've been so much better for you.

I know it may be premature but Luongo is 26, in 5 years he'll be 31 years old and Price will be 24 ! Although I would love to have Luongo on our team forever, I think we got to have a good safety net in case he leaves, and that's why I pulled out the trade, now with Price and Shantz, we're very very good !

And as I said, my plan is to trade Luongo sometime (if we were in the real NHL) when Price will be ready to take-over and with that trade we'll work on our holes !

I thought the Panthers have good depth in the forwards and defensemen rank, so I could sacrifice a kid like Stewart, to get a goaltender many said was "a sure-fire top 10 pick" with some great size, puckhandling skills and great other attributes !

:)

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
WhitePony said:
Sorry guys Im going to have to relenquish my GM job of the Isles. When I signed up I didn't anticipate how long this would take, or the buisness trip I am being sent on today. I apologize again, and good luck to all.

I'll take over for WhitePony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad