Official: Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor on August 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
It's kind of mind boggling that some people want you to explain to them why the discuss thrower is better than the high-jumper

So I can't tell a story? I keep putting myself out there for everyone and what do I get in return?

Nothing.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
He had zero stamina. What the hell does that say about him as a fighter? There has to be something shady here because as someone who's fought before in matches, you need to keep your arms up and not run around like a headless chicken. And he fought with no fundamentals. He swung a lot in the opening when the biggest mistake in boxing is to over exert yourself. And to over do it against the best defensive boxer ever? What the **** kind of tactic was that.

sol, he's not a boxer. He just trained for this one fight. Not something you learn in a short time vs a legendary world chap with lineage. This was a joke from the get go, and we all knew it.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
This was a loss for the UFC in terms of putting on a competitive match. And also a huge win financially for both sports.

This was Connor's first pro boxing match against one of the best of all time and it went 9 rounds. If it was an MMA match, it would not last more than a minute. If anything, it's a win for the UFC.

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
ITT: People surprised one of the best boxers of all-time was able to fundamentally pick apart a dude in his first ever professional boxing match.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
That was a fake fight

Floyd didn't try at all, what a farce

You will see WWE matches that are more real than this

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
sol, he's not a boxer. He just trained for this one fight. Not something you learn in a short time vs a legendary world chap with lineage. This was a joke from the get go, and we all knew it.

Hey man I get that, but you have to admit as decorated UFC fighter you'd expect Conor to have the core fundamentals of both sports in top form. He had no stamina. It was embarrassing.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Russia put this on free TV. Here ppl got duped into paying for this nonsense. It was basically a fixed fight. Mayweather could have won right away and instead waited till round 9 to really start fighting.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That was a fake fight

Floyd didn't try at all, what a farce

You will see WWE matches that are more real than this

There had to have been some kind of under the table agreement...McGregor couldn't do anything and didn't seem to want to do anything.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
ITT: People surprised one of the best boxers of all-time was able to fundamentally pick apart a dude in his first ever professional boxing match.

Yeah, kind of left me with a feeling that Floyd just pranced in the ring for few rounds and then decided that it's time to end it. At no point I felt like McGregor actually threatened Floyd. His punches were crazy weak and there was no way he's knocking Floyd out with them and even a less chance he lands anything significant to Floyd.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Hey man I get that, but you have to admit as decorated UFC fighter you'd expect Conor to have the core fundamentals of both sports in top form. He had no stamina. It was embarrassing.

he was pushing insanely hard in first rounds, even harder than he pushes in UFC. Then he wasn't able to set the pace down cause he was fighting much more skilled fighter and when his fatigue started to set in Floyd was able to keep him from recovering.

It's not rocket science. Also, to say he had NO stamina is not correct. He wasn't laughably bad. He just started with a bang and it didn't pay out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad