GDT: Official Flames Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think we all loved the Hiller signing, but my favorite deal of the day is Miller long-term to the Canucks. Boy, am I looking forward to playing them. :naughty:

Not so keen on the Oilers defense violently improving over the last few weeks. However I am sure they'll find a way to screw that up.

They can sign whatever defence they want. Until their forwards start helping out, they aren't going to have success.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
They can sign whatever defence they want. Until their forwards start helping out, they aren't going to have success.
True. I was going to say something about them not firing Eakins but to be honest as long as Lowe and the other cretins are still in charge it won't matter who's behind the bench. It's an organizational problem.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think we all loved the Hiller signing, but my favorite deal of the day is Miller long-term to the Canucks. Boy, am I looking forward to playing them. :naughty:

Not so keen on the Oilers defense violently improving over the last few weeks. However I am sure they'll find a way to screw that up.
3 years is not exactly long term.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Oilers centre depth is still horrific. Once RNH is inevitably injured, their number one centre is either Acrobello or Gordon. They're still going to be a bottom feeder unless that changes. An actual NHL coach would help a lot too.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Oilers centre depth is still horrific. Once RNH is inevitably injured, their number one centre is either Acrobello or Gordon. They're still going to be a bottom feeder unless that changes. An actual NHL coach would help a lot too.

No, their first-line centre without RNH is either Taylor Hall or Leon Draisaitl, who has already made the team. Your point very much still stands.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 1m
Correction: Boyle's AAV in TB is $2M, not $2.3M. Bad typing error by me. Regret the inconvenience.

No, their first-line centre without RNH is either Taylor Hall or Leon Draisaitl, who has already made the team. Your point very much still stands.

:laugh: Oh right, I forgot about Draisaitl. Poor guy.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He was horrid. Good.

He's just not an NHL talent. And we have some kids coming to the AHL this year, playing on a larger scale: no major loss obviously, but he is far from Horrid.

Some of you guys use these terms a tad too freely.

A guy like Ville Leino is Horrid, or a guy like Clarkson is Horrid. Simply because they are paid to actually play major hockey, and just can't. Breen's just a minor careerer; he's not horrid, he's just not meant for the NHL.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Retweeted by Bob McKenzie
Craig Morgan @cmorganfoxaz · 22m

UFA RW Radim Vrbata's camp won't make decision on future today. Considering several options. Vrbata is in Czech Republic. 12:30 am there.

The Hockey News @TheHockeyNews · 8m

Lightning sign G Evgeni Nabokov to one-year, $1.55-million contract.

Anaheim Ducks @AnaheimDucks · 5m

NEWS: #NHLDucks sign goaltender Jason LaBarbera to a one-year contract.

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib · 3m

The Penguins are bringing back Marcel Goc for $1.2 million next season.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 55s
Cody Franson was TOR player going to MTL for Gorges. Would have think he's still in play with TOR acquisition of Polak and Robidas.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 55s
Cody Franson was TOR player going to MTL for Gorges. Would have think he's still in play with TOR acquisition of Polak and Robidas.

If all it took to get Franson; Calgary should be all over this. Nothing against Gorges; but he is what he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad