*OFFICIAL* Charlottetown Islanders 2013-2014 Thread

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
jf plante ‏@jfplante_Droit 3 h
Dossier Karabacek. Le ton monte, les négociations s'intensifient, mais toujours rien de réglé. #olympiques #islanders #ledroit

If I translate for you: Karabacek file. The tone rises, the negotiations intensify, but still nothing set.

jf plante ‏@jfplante_Droit 2 h
@Coreyryan2016 Gatineau says yes. That's news to PEI. They are trying to find a solution. PEI insists on Karabacek. We'll see.

He is the main Olympiques journalist/writer. I like the fact that Sonier stick to its guns.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
We could have the best team for the 2015-16 season!! I put Kielly and Kennedy on the third line to create the necessary depth to win.

LW-C-RW
Olivier Cooper (20) - Alexandre Goulet (19) - Daniel Sprong (18)
1st round pick - Euro - Vaclav Karabacek (19)
2nd round pick - Kameron Kielly (19) - Bradley Kennedy (19)
Tough guy - Nathan Yetman (19) - Matthew Cusson (19)

LD-RD
20 years old - Dexter Weber (20)
David Henley (18) - 2nd round pick or veteran
Duncan McKie (18) - Luc Deschênes (18)

Mason McDonald (19) - Daryl MacCallum (19)

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Dossier Karabacek, Benoît Groulx m’a parlé pour la première fois du dossier complexe hier. Il ira plaider sa cause devant un comité de la LHJMQ prochainement. Après avoir entendu son côté de l’histoire, je ne suis pas convaincu qu’il devra envoyer le Tchèque de 18 ans à Charlottetown. Groulx ne veut pas exposer ses arguments sur la place publique, mais pour la première fois, je comprends que des points jouent en sa faveur.

Google translator + ccgg translator:

Karabacek file, Benoît Groulx told me for the first time the complex issue yesterday. He will plead his case soon in front of a QMJHL committee. After hearing his side of the story, I am not convinced that he will send the Czech 18 years old to Charlottetown. Groulx doesn't want to expose his arguments in the public square, but for the first time, I understand some points favor him.

The only argument is that Karabacek belong to Charlottetown vs a 2015 1st round pick. But I guess that the league will find a way to only help Gatineau.

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/plante/2014/05/28/olympiques-et-echos-du-repechage/

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
No Karabacek to the Islanders. Flip flopping 1st rounders is the compensation. PEI gets 7th overall for 12th.

Mikaël Lalancette ‏@MLalancetteTVA 46s
Via @jfplante_Droit Vaclav Karabacek reste avec les Olympiques. Gatineau et Charlottetown inversent leurs choix #7 et #12 de la 1ère ronde.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
What happens to the 2015 1st round pick? At least I hope Charlottetown keeps it.

It's a step back in the construction of the team.

I hope that no GM want to talk to this thief. Groulx is an *******.

nolman29

Oct 20, 2009
Charlottetown, PE
Disappointed with not getting Karabacek, but I think at the end of the day, we got a good deal for Pepin.

Pepin wasn't looking a second overall pick this past season anyways. I'm Ok with the final result.

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
I'm not surprised either with the way the league operates.

Yes overall it is a good deal for the Islanders but think they got hosed because it was not the deal that was agreed upon. I am betting Sonier was making trades since the Xmas trading period with the thought of having Karabacek in the lineup, now he has to go out and spend more just to get someone similar to Karabacek for the go-for-it season

Islanders78

Jul 15, 2012
With the Islanders now having two open Euro spots does Sonier draft two Euros or just one and bring back Lysenko. They could always trade Cortese away. Im sure someone could use his offensive game and he could fetch a nice return.

MacKinnon - 20
Lysenko- 19
Weber- 19
Rioux-Legault- 19
Henley- 17
Deschenes- 17
McKie- 17

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
I was thinking of trading Cortese regardless of the Euro/Karabacek situation and bringing in a younger d-man through the draft. Hanging onto Lysenko is an option and like how he plays but with the long term in mind, wouldn't also mind seeing less 19 & 20 yr d-men in the lineup this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad