*OFFICIAL* Charlottetown Islanders 2013-2014 Thread

Islanders78

Jul 15, 2012
Really like the Balmas pick. People question his on ice enthusiasm but he was on such a terrible team it would have brought anyone down. He carried that team on his shoulders and put up amazing point totals all by himself. He will be able to step in right away and contribute. Great addition to go along Sprong, Goulet, Kielly and others.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Really like the Balmas pick. People question his on ice enthusiasm but he was on such a terrible team it would have brought anyone down. He carried that team on his shoulders and put up amazing point totals all by himself. He will be able to step in right away and contribute. Great addition to go along Sprong, Goulet, Kielly and others.

Is he a center?

Islanders78

Jul 15, 2012
I expect to see Cortese traded before season starts.
They drafted an 18yr old American Dman who i suspect will be on the team. frank sullivan

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Someone want to take a stab at the defence situation for the isles? lines ?

Sangster from this years' draft is a bruiser, he could easily slot into the lineup, then their is McKie from last year.

thoughts?

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
Blueliners On Team:

Henley
Deschenes
Legault-Rioux
Weber
MacKinnon
McKie
Lysenko (depends on Euro situation)
Cortese

Draftees:
Smith
Sullivan
Sangster
Comeau

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
LD - RD

Guillaume Rioux-Legault (19) - Ryan MacKinnon (20)
David Henley (17) - Dexter Weber (19)

I think that the top-4 is a lock for the beginning of the season. After that, I don't know, I expect Cortese (20), a right handed d-man, to be traded. Maybe that Charlottetown will keep Lysenko (19), an euro and left handed d-man. We'll see. As for the last pairing, there should be some interesting battles:

LD: Andrew Smith, Duncan McKie
RD: Frank Sullivan, Luc Deschênes, Lucas Sangster

I probably forget a player..

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
At the same time, I don't know if I want Charlottetown to trade Cortese, he is probably the only pure offensive d-man in the system. I hope that we find a way to get Nikolas Brouillard next summer.

Is Frank Sullivan an offensive d-man?

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
I think Deschenes can be a guy who provide offense from the blueline, after the trade he got hurt plus mixing that in with getting used to a new team I don't think we saw Deschenes being able to show his full potential when he first got here. But at the end of the season he was carrying the puck more and looked comfortable doing it, Deschenes may potentially be a guy and possibly the guy who play that kind of role for the team.

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
My D prediction.

Henley-MacKinnon
Legault-Sullivan
Deschenes-Weber
McKie

That lineup would be something that I would go with except maybe a toss up between Sullivan and Smith....hard to say without seeing them play. Thinking in terms of beyond this season, probably not preferable to go too heavy on experience especially with someone like MacKinnon & Cortese not being here next season, plus with Legault and Weber being 20's next season. The quoted lineup has a nice blend of veteran guys to bridge for when the younger ones can step into bigger roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad