OFFICIAL -Bruins 2015-16 Regular Season ROSTER THREAD

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
:eek: Dammit man! You burst my safe bubble!:laugh:

But we do have Spooner on the 4th. And I think he will generate much against other teams 4th line.

Have to hope that Beleskey is healthy which I believe he will, he was taking pre skates before Isles game but they wanted to take it safe.

But still can't expect much scoring from Belsy-Kelly-Hayes.
4th line will be the most interesting to watch if we go with this.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
So Spooner on the 4th line with zero scoring next to him is okay with the Fan Club? Surprised by that.

I mean I think he's been invisible at even strength but I would still like to see them move guys around to get him going, if for nothing else to figure out if he's worth anything. What's the point of having a player with that skillset skating 4th line with grinders and defensive guys?

Pretty much. I can't believe Spooner's been relegated to the fourth line and Rinaldo promoted to the third. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the ice in Brooklyn.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Pretty much. I can't believe Spooner's been relegated to the fourth line and Rinaldo promoted to the third. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the ice in Brooklyn.

Spoons is such a defensive liability. This way, he is available for the pp and he gets to exploit teams 4th lines.

It worked against the isles it seemed.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Spoons is such a defensive liability. This way, he is available for the pp and he gets to exploit teams 4th lines.

It worked against the isles it seemed.

On the plus side, he does create mismatches for a 4th line. Can't argue with that.

On the other hand, didn't we all hope/expect he had the talent to create mismatches from a 3rd line? It wasn't many months ago some speculated he could make Krejci expendable...now he's playing behind Chris Kelly.

I'm not a fan of the hype he's gotten and I never bought into him being a real player (yet!), but even I'm a little disappointed by this. He deserves the demotion, but man he is so good on the PP. Frustrating that he can't take that next step.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
On the plus side, he does create mismatches for a 4th line. Can't argue with that.

On the other hand, didn't we all hope/expect he had the talent to create mismatches from a 3rd line? It wasn't many months ago some speculated he could make Krejci expendable...now he's playing behind Chris Kelly.

I'm not a fan of the hype he's gotten and I never bought into him being a real player (yet!), but even I'm a little disappointed by this. He deserves the demotion, but man he is so good on the PP. Frustrating that he can't take that next step.

I hear ya.
At least on the 4th line he is still available for the pp.
He seems lost in the defensive zone though.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm not sure what's up with Spooner defensively, but I suspect it's just a matter of execution and it will get fixed? I say that because while he has not been good defensively, the effort has definitely been there. He's getting back into the D zone and has even been physical at times, his positioning and results just need to be better.

It appears that he wants to be a 3 zone player, so I think eventually he gets there.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
I'm not sure what's up with Spooner defensively, but I suspect it's just a matter of execution and it will get fixed? I say that because while he has not been good defensively, the effort has definitely been there. He's getting back into the D zone and has even been physical at times, his positioning and results just need to be better.

It appears that he wants to be a 3 zone player, so I think eventually he gets there.

Spoons is like night and day. In the offensive zone he is lethal, sees everything and is always dangerous once he gets the puck.

On defence he seems to run around a lot, doesn't have the size to muscle anyone. Maybe on the wing he will have less responsibility and just chip pucks out.

Face-offs are a major concern with him.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ryan Spooner, who has struggled defensively as the third-line center, skated on the fourth line as a left winger with center Joonas Kemppainen and Tyler Randell. After being moved there during Friday’s win against the Islanders, Spooner responded with a goal and an assist.

“I haven’t been my best in my own end, so I guess being moved to the wing takes a little bit of stress off me,” Spooner said.

Julien stressed the lines could be different today, but he believes the adjustment should not be too taxing for Spooner.

“Centers can play wing. I’m not sure how many wings can play center,” Julien said. “That’s the luxury we’ve always had. Kelly’s played the wing for a long time. . . . We’ve got a lot of those interchangeable parts, so we’re trying to take advantage of it.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2015/10/claude_julien_tinkers_with_bruins_lines

The 23-year-old Spooner says he’s ready to give the fourth line a go, and potentially assist the Bruins in getting the speedy, skilled fourth line they’ve talked about creating for the last couple of seasons.

“I thought [Kemppainen] made me some extremely nice passes, so that’s good. I was moved to the wing and I haven’t really played there a lot, but I was working on some rims there at the end of practice,” said Spooner. “I’m just going to go into the game tomorrow, and take some of the [coaching] tips into the game and make the best of it.

“I played 10 games [on the wing] last year, and it didn’t really go that well [in Providence]. It wasn’t something I was really used to, but I think I’m in a better frame of mind now than I was last year. I’ll just go out there and do what they tell me to, and do the best I can.”

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-look-spark-move-spooner-fourth-line-wing

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lineup tweak CJ

Eriksson Krejci Hayes (Hayes and Krejci are both on fire)
Marchand Bergeron Connolly (looking like fit)
Beleksky Spooner Pasta (Pasta and Spooner worked well together)
Rinaldo Kemp Kelly (Finally a 4th line that works. Lots of energy. Good chances)

Chara Trotman (K. Miller looks injured)
Krug Mcquaid
Morrow C. Miller (look good)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lineup tweak CJ

Eriksson Krejci Hayes (Hayes and Krejci are both on fire)
Marchand Bergeron Connolly (looking like fit)
Beleksky Spooner Pasta (Pasta and Spooner worked well together)
Rinaldo Kemp Kelly (Finally a 4th line that works. Lots of energy. Good chances)

Chara Trotman (K. Miller looks injured)
Krug Mcquaid
Morrow C. Miller (look good)

That was a safe play, we had the lead and they thought it's best to rest him and not risk it.

Also I'm not sure if Pasta&Spooner should right now play together, both have struggled defensively and Lou&Krecji are damm great defensive players that can cover Pasta and that line was amazing tonight.

Also D group has to start with
Chara-Colin, Krug-McQuaid, Morrow, Kevan.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That was a safe play, we had the lead and they thought it's best to rest him and not risk it.

Also I'm not sure if Pasta&Spooner should right now play together, both have struggled defensively and Lou&Krecji are damm great defensive players that can cover Pasta and that line was amazing tonight.

Also D group has to start with
Chara-Colin, Krug-McQuaid, Morrow, Kevan.

You can't balance all the lines. Just have a strong d pair like chara with Miller or Trotman out with beleksky , Spooner and pasta. These guys provided little issues defensively and provided alot of scoring end of last season. Beleksky is a good replacement for looch for this line

Hayes and krejci actually look like they have chemistry. While krejci and pasta have a mediocre one

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You can't balance all the lines. Just have a strong d pair like chara with Miller or Trotman out with beleksky , Spooner and pasta. These guys provided little issues defensively and provided alot of scoring end of last season. Beleksky is a good replacement for looch for this line

Hayes and krejci actually look like they have chemistry. While krejci and pasta have a mediocre one

Kevan isn't that strong defensively and you can't play every game like that.

Also today 1st line was creating a lot of chances, and everyone on that line was contributin.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I've seen this lineup posted so many times by different people. Julien is using it now and it has worked pretty damn well so far.. Keep it up.

Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Kelly-Kempainen-Randell

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lineup moving fwd with Pasta back. This is the setup I would like to see

Beleksky Krejci Eriksson
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hayes Spooner Vatrano
Rinaldo Ferraro Randell
Talbot
Kelly

Chara Mcquaid
Seidenberg Colin Miller
Krug Kevan Miller
Morrow
Trotman

Trade/waive Kemp, Connolly

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Lineup moving fwd with Pasta back. This is the setup I would like to see

Beleksky Krejci Eriksson
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hayes Spooner Vatrano
Rinaldo Ferraro Randell
Talbot
Kelly

Chara Mcquaid
Seidenberg Colin Miller
Krug Kevan Miller
Morrow
Trotman

Trade/waive Kemp, Connolly

At his price, I'd rather have Connolly on the 4th line than Randell.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Connolly has been a big disappointment. mediocre IQ. Almost like another Benoit Pouliot

He only makes 1 million dollars and is younger than Tyler Randall with a much higher upside no need to waive him

On pace for 14G 19A 33P

Good value for a 3rd liner making 1 mill

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015
Bumpitty-Bump

Once Krejci and Pasta are back, healthy and producing (likely with Loui on their left) *if I were Claude* I would begin subbing Frankie V onto the left wing and see if he can rise to the occasion as he has seemingly been able to do at each step of his career lately. He's shown he has the shot, and in my opinion, the hustle/compete level to give it a try here and there and take it a shift at a time.

At the same time *if I were Trader Don* Loui's agent gets an offer of 4 years, 5 mill per. Not a take it or your traded offer, but let's see how close we are, if 5/5.5 doesn't get it done, I start looking for a move.

Top 6

Loui/Frankie-46-88
63-37-Loui/whoever

3rd line

39-51-Brett/Jimmy

As mentioned elsewhere, I would explore moving Spooner+ for RyJo, not really a big deal *to me* either way, mostly I would like to see some fringe guys that are not in the long term plans moved.

4th line

Rinaldo-Kemp/Lando-Randell

Nice energy line, ideally *to me* Kemp is 13th, but it's close.

That was fun, I have some thoughts on the d which I'll be posting next time I get a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00