(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree, but the one thing I'll say about Ferland though is the Flames really need a player like the one that he is capable of being (a poor mans Lucic), so I think they are going to invest a lot of time with him. But again, for sure teams do that all the time. Burke is actually one of the worst at it.
Not as bad as Feaster who created all kinds of false hope. :laugh:

But you are right that right now Ferland is the best chance at an NHLer who plays that style of play in the next few years. I think Hunter Smith has a better chance overall but is probably 3-4 years away and I don't think Austin Carroll will make it. I think Hathaway is probably halfway between a Jooris and a Ferland, so while he would help if he makes it, he would not quite fit that style comparison.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I understand the Oilers going for that deal. Could backfire miserably, could work out great. I wouldn't like it myself, but I understand it, especially with the other signings they will have to do in the next few years. I'm interested to see how it plays out, they must be really high on Klefbom.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Glad to hear it. Doesn't clear him completely, but I never believed Kane was capable of that, and I am glad that things are looking closer to him being innocent

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
CPOF9I8WoAECJZu.png:large

Pay attention, boys. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I hope he's innocent because it means the no one got raped.

For sure, there's a lot of ramifications that would come about if he's convicted and certainty no one being assaulted in that manor would be the best one.

It's odd though, how in a instance such as this either that girl is going to be the victim or villain.

To my above point, my nephew idolizes Kane. If he's convicted and gets suspended, well he's 7 and asks questions like any kid his age. Having to explain to a child why their hero is no longer playing is a very hard talk to have.

You're right though, your point by far is the most important.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
For sure, there's a lot of ramifications that would come about if he's convicted and certainty no one being assaulted in that manor would be the best one.

It's odd though, how in a instance such as this either that girl is going to be the victim or villain.

To my above point, my nephew idolizes Kane. If he's convicted and gets suspended, well he's 7 and asks questions like any kid his age. Having to explain to a child why their hero is no longer playing is a very hard talk to have.

^This.

I really hope Kaner is innocent.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

To be fair you can lie to a 7 year old :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Well pretty happy we didn't trade Iggy for Khokhlachev, giving Boston a lot of grief. We'll see if this whole "Bruin way" thing they talk about is real.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd take Larsson over Draisaitl anyday. And i'm a huge Draisaitl fan.
I think the values are pretty even to be honest. Drai for Larsson would be a very smart move for the Oilers since they lack solid defensemen and have McDavid/Nuge down the middle already. I think it would also be good for the Devils since they have a glut of young defensemen and lack a top centre.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I think the values are pretty even to be honest. Drai for Larsson would be a very smart move for the Oilers since they lack solid defensemen and have McDavid/Nuge down the middle already. I think it would also be good for the Devils since they have a glut of young defensemen and lack a top centre.
It's definitely a trade that would make sense for both teams. But I don't know, Larsson has just proven so much more. He's the #2/3 defenseman on the Devils and he STILL has more upside. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when Draisaitl has adjusted to the NHL and has put up some good seasons, I can look at this trade proposal more seriously.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's definitely a trade that would make sense for both teams. But I don't know, Larsson has just proven so much more. He's the #2/3 defenseman on the Devils and he STILL has more upside. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when Draisaitl has adjusted to the NHL and has put up some good seasons, I can look at this trade proposal more seriously.
I get what you are saying, but I think Drai's potential is just as high. Then again he is the one I wanted that draft year.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I get what you are saying, but I think Drai's potential is just as high. Then again he is the one I wanted that draft year.
Oh yeah, Drai has some crazy high potential. But it's a bit more of a risk than Larsson is, and with the state the Devils are in, I don't know how much room they have to make that kind of risk.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
"He hasn't even played 200 games!" :laugh:

Seriously though Larsson has to have more value than Draisaitl just because he is a proven top 4, maybe even top 2 guy, but Drai has yet to show he's capable of being a top 6 guy in the NHL

Seriously, though: when your main, repeated argument isn't even true, you've got a problem.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Meh, I'd say we dodged a bullet, but it's not like Hanowski did a whole bunch here...

Pretty much this. Additionally Koko would have had a cup of coffee in the NHL already (considering him and Granlund are probably parallel prospects). I doubt he'd be complaining if in the past two years he played over 50 games in the NHL.

I could understand his frustration. He's a young guy, the team he's on has a lot of dinosaurs, he's been a leading scorer for Providence... You'd think they'd give him a go. It's not like there are major holes in his game either. He's actually a gritty little forward for all the Russian in him :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad