[Official] Adirondack Flames Thread [Version 2.1.0]

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
it also needs to be pointed out that we chanced Brossoit after 20 minutes after he gave up 4 goals in the 1st.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'm going to be sad when they move to Stockton next year. Makes finding the team page on the AHL site slightly more work.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Poirier is starting to behave like he did in junior. He just got a 10 minute misconduct after the Barons had scored 3 straight goals and the Flames were about to go on the PP. He also has 4 minor penalties tonight. He really needs to smarten up, this is not acceptable.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wolf scores!!!!! Empty net goal.

Morrison with another assist. 1G, 2A tonight. Wow.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When does Morrison start playing in Adirondack? And when does Ortio and Culkin come back from injury?
was so focused on part 1 of your post I forgot about part 2.

Ortio was said to be out 4-6 weeks, but with a high ankle sprain it wouldn't be shocking if he was out 10-12 weeks. He's been out 5 weeks already and I don't think he is skating yet.

Culkin will not be back this year. He almost needed a prosthetic hand.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really hope Max makes the team next year. I think he's good enough for a bottom 6 role.

I know you're very high on him, he's had a rough year, he needs to have a major, major bounce back year to make the NHL full time, but I fully believe he's capable of it. I actually thought he had a 50/50 shot of making it this year. He's really underrated I think.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I know you're very high on him, he's had a rough year, he needs to have a major, major bounce back year to make the NHL full time, but I fully believe he's capable of it. I actually thought he had a 50/50 shot of making it this year. He's really underrated I think.

He's picked his game up since the Sven trade.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Baby Flames stomped 7-4 tonight and let that dirty **** Ritchie score.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
To be fair, they had a great stretch after the first month. Injuries (Arnold and Ortio chiefly), callups (Granlund up and down all season long; Ferland up as well, Wolf, Poirier and Wotherspoon with cups of coffee; Potter as pressbox fodder) and trades (Baertschi, Knight) all had an impact too. Reinhart having a very bad year offensively hurts as well.

Given the constant line shuffling and chemistry disruptions, they've done better than expected.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To be fair, they had a great stretch after the first month. Injuries (Arnold and Ortio chiefly), callups (Granlund up and down all season long; Ferland up as well, Wolf, Poirier and Wotherspoon with cups of coffee; Potter as pressbox fodder) and trades (Baertschi, Knight) all had an impact too. Reinhart having a very bad year offensively hurts as well.

Given the constant line shuffling and chemistry disruptions, they've done better than expected.
Every AHL goes through call ups, that is no excuse. The team is simply not very good offensively in large part because they gave up so many veterans.

They lost their only 2 point per game players. They also lost Locke who was 3rd in team scoring and probably the top playmaker on the team. They lost 2 defenseman that drove their offense. They let 2 of their top 3 role players walk as well.

Yeah Granlund only playing a bit hurts and so does Max struggling, but they did nothing to replace Street, Jones, Locke, Smith or Billins offensively. Losing 5 of your top offensive players is not something most teams can recover from when they only looked internally for replacements.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
no one wanted to listen to me that this would be a bad year :rant:

nyoYAR6.jpg

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
So, since the Sven trade...

Reinhart
14 games: 5 goals, 10 assists

Agostino:
14 games: 5 goals, 11 assists

Really impressed with both of them. They've really stepped up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hathaway scores from Morrison and Reinhart

Wolf just got tossed 3 minutes in. Took a 2 minute charging penalty, then fought someone and then tried to get away from the lineman and got the game for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00