Official 23 Man Roster - Don't Freak Out Edition.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Forwards
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare
William Carrier
Cody Eakin
Erik Haula
William Karlsson
Brendan Leipsic
Oscar Lindberg
Jonathan Marchessault
Tomas Nosek
David Perron
Reilly Smith
Defensemen
Deryk Engelland
Jason Garrison
Brad Hunt
Brayden McNabb
Jon Merrill
Colin Miller
Griffin Reinhart
Luca Sbisa
Nate Schmidt
Clayton Stoner * (IR)
Goalies
Marc-Andre Fleury
Calvin Pickard
Malcolm Subban

http://sinbin.vegas/golden-knights-announce-final-23-man-roster/

Before you go throwing a fit, yes, Vadim Shipachyov is not on the roster… right now. Shipachyov is one of three players who remained in Golden Knights training camp with waiver exempt status. Therefore, he is officially being assigned to Chicago without any risk of the Golden Knights surrendering him to another team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm not freaking out but I have to say I'm rather agitated that to this point GMGM hasn't done what he has to to get the roster settled properly.

I mean do guys like Sbisa and Reinhart really figure into our future plans so strongly that we couldn't stand to lose them to waivers? Really?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
And not only that but what's gonna happen when Stoner and Neal come off of LTIR? Like...on top of that we claimed Subban. I really thought that move meant a trade or trades were coming. I'm just baffled at how this has played out.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm hoping Subban is a part of something, whether that's dealing Pickard or not. It really doesn't make sense otherwise unless he just picked him up to get an extra day to try to work a deal. If that's the case, good lord.

However it goes down, if he winds up having to dump some guys on waivers, no big deal I guess. Most of us expected those waste picks from the expansion anyways, we just got rewarded with getting to watch them for a preseason and camp before wasting them in this case.

Hopefully he can turn guys into picks.

KenSinBin

Jul 8, 2016
LV, NV
I hear ya Han. It's amazing that we are STILL sitting here waiting for the glut of defensemen to be dealt with, and now they also created a surplus of goalies!?! However, personally, I'm choosing to remain calm. There is something in the works, Shippy not being on the roster proves it. Once the deal is made, then we can get upset with what he did or didn't do. At least that's how I'm going about it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I hear ya Han. It's amazing that we are STILL sitting here waiting for the glut of defensemen to be dealt with, and now they also created a surplus of goalies!?! However, personally, I'm choosing to remain calm. There is something in the works, Shippy not being on the roster proves it. Once the deal is made, then we can get upset with what he did or didn't do. At least that's how I'm going about it.

I mean I'm calm. One way or another we're in for a pretty rough season. It just...I don't know man. Other teams made moves in this time. What's he waiting for? Teams to fall into a dire need for a bottom pairing NHL quality defenseman?

Who is gonna put in a claim on guys like Sbisa and Reinhart? And even if they did, would it really be such a big loss?

KenSinBin

Jul 8, 2016
LV, NV
Not really. Hate giving up assets ever though. I prefer Theodore in the AHL for a month or so and keeping an asset to losing one so he can play 10 more games on a terrible team.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
We have a late start, he's got some time to finagle. Getting a 5th is better than just losing a dude to waivers.

member 151739

c4jt321.png

Obviously a few moves would be ideal. We all know it's going to be a rough season, but they could be better than what's there. I'll try to remain optimistic however.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Other teams might have thought Vegas is in a corner and have to trade. But Vegas only waived Pulkkinen and even picked up Subban.
Not losing guys on waivers was great. I just don't think Subban will help even he had one good preseason game.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Bizarre, a team which is clearly going to struggle to score can't even fill 12 forward spots and has to scratch 3 D men every night or make one play way out of position. None of these D Men even strike me as a winger, maybe Hunt gets the role since his skill in his own end is still highly questionable.

This is a flaming tire fire if they want to compete, but maybe this was the reminder that competing isn't on the agenda year one. Adding Subban is just ridiculous, unless GMGM really thinks he is the only guy who had interest in him and is planning on trying to sneak him down to Chicago soon. I'm all for a project, but he's not going to develop without playing and playing him at the NHL level is a scary scary prospect.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
No matter how you slice it Sbisa was a glaringly bad selection in the draft.

Tuch and Theodore deserve to be on the roster. Heck it's hard to make a case for cutting Hyka when he scored in 4 games in a row and hit the post in his last outing. I don't wish any dman around the NHL to have an injury, but at the same time I hope this gets resolved sooner than later.

Having said all that, I'll be glad they have the extra assets come January. Even if those assets are a couple of 7th rounders...(well, maybe not)

If McPhee is being this much of a stickler you have to wonder how long Lindberg, who only has 2 years left before hitting UFA, has left here. He's better than Nosek but Nosek is younger.

Last edited:

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Maybe someone will get “injured” today at practice. We have another day to finagle the roster. I’d imagine Ship is added by puck drop Friday.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Tuch and Theodore deserve to be on the roster. Heck it's hard to make a case for cutting Hyka when he scored in 4 games in a row and hit the post in his last outing. I don't wish any dman around the NHL to have an injury, but at the same time I hope this gets resolved sooner than later.

Chicago should be good, it will be good for Theodore too.
I don't worry about Tuch, Hyka will be called up first.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
well then all that's left is to project the march 2019 lineup:

smith glass tuch
hyka eakin wong
leipsic haula kolesar
mcdavid nosek carrier

theodore miller
dahlin schmidt
hunt merrill