Official 23 Man Roster - Don't Freak Out Edition.

kaul

Jul 8, 2015
Since Vegas doesn't play till later, this roster doesn't screen final version to me. A few moves to free up spaces for Shipachev, Theodore, Tuch etc are likely in the works.
They are waiver exempt, which safely buys them time to make such moves.

However, if no moves are made in the next couple days...

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Did GMGM pick Subban up for a possible deal elsewhere?

Say another team wanted Subban, but, knew that they were too high up in the Waiver order to get him. So, they call GMGM up and offer a pick, or a bigger deal, for claiming him. I'm not sure if that's allowed or not. Just trying to come up with justifiable scenarios.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm not going to worry until the team starts playing games.
This.

I'm not worried at all. They've got a few days to figure this out. Ken at Sinbin mentioned the convention that GMs generally don't pick players up off of waivers after their team has played their first game, so GMGM might just be trying to sneak a few guys down after most of the teams play their first games.

Still wondering about Subban and the prospects for a trade, but again...not worrying.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Damn. You guys aren't high on Sbisa are ya?

I thought he was really improving in Vancouver. He was terrible in year 1, but He was really good last year. Give the guy a chance, your opinions will change.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

I thought he was really improving in Vancouver. He was terrible in year 1, but He was really good last year. Give the guy a chance, your opinions will change.

I'm actually curious to see what he can do when he plays down the lineup. Most of the people who said he was terrible are referring to when the Canucks slotted him into the top-pair, which he can't seem to handle. If we can put him on the bottom pair, I think he'll do fine.

Honestly, I thought he'd be the guy we trade, but now it looks like he'll be an Alternate Captain this season:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Lindberg centering the top line today in practice, Ship not skating with the team

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

No I’m sorry but Sbisa is trash. You guys might get some entertainment from watching his hilariously bad decision making though

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
No I’m sorry but Sbisa is trash. You guys might get some entertainment from watching his hilariously bad decision making though

You're clueless. Maybe watch a game or two before you start your opinions here. Sbisa played damn good hockey last year.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Lindberg centering the top line today in practice, Ship not skating with the team

Why is Ship not skating. I thought the transaction was only on paper.
My God, seems there is no trade in sight only bla bla bla

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

You're clueless. Maybe watch a game or two before you start your opinions here. Sbisa played damn good hockey last year.

We don't really need any Canuck on Canuck violence going on here on HfVegas. :)

From what I've seen of Sbisa when I got to see him, I wasn't high on his play. I've got an open mind though. I'm sure we'll see more.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Did GMGM pick Subban up for a possible deal elsewhere?

Say another team wanted Subban, but, knew that they were too high up in the Waiver order to get him. So, they call GMGM up and offer a pick, or a bigger deal, for claiming him. I'm not sure if that's allowed or not. Just trying to come up with justifiable scenarios.

Doubtful. If another team higher (or lower) in the order submitted a claim then Vegas isn't free to trade Subban.

Reactions: Puckrobber

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The only time "paper" transactions kinda works is around trade deadline. Otherwise the guys have to be "en route" to AHL for the assignment.

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
Brandon Pirri signed, read an article saying Ship should be in the lineup Friday. Im expecting a multi player trade after seeing the Pirri signing*. thats all speculation but makes sense

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Brandon Pirri signed, read an article saying Ship should be in the lineup Friday. Im expecting a multi player trade after seeing the Pirri trade. thats all speculation but makes sense

Tomorrow (Thursday) at noon EST could be an interesting deadline. If GM can't get a trade deal swung by then it might make sense to waive Subban or another player so they can call up Ship on Friday.

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
Tomorrow (Thursday) at noon EST could be an interesting deadline. If GM can't get a trade deal swung by then it might make sense to waive Subban or another player so they can call up Ship on Friday.

It would but GMGM said he is staying up. If nothing happens I'm guessing they waive Griffin Reinhart

Reactions: Sir Goose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad