Official 2023 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
All our dipshits are suddenly pushing Leonard now.

Just like last year with Gauthier.

Live look in at Tortorella this morning
1687955098523.gif

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I guess this brings me to what I was trying to figure out. Say the top 6 go:

1) Bedard
2) Fantilli
3) Carlsson
4) Smith
5) Michkov
6) Benson

Change the order however you want. Who do you take that's left?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I guess this brings me to what I was trying to figure out. Say the top 6 go:

1) Bedard
2) Fantilli
3) Carlsson
4) Smith
5) Michkov
6) Benson

Change the order however you want. Who do you take that's left?

Considering the trade for Newhook, I don't think the Habs take Michkov. Mainly because they are in a more "let's try it now" mode, rather than full rebuild and waiting a few years.

I could see them taking Benson or Leonard, hell, maybe even Leonard because of how poor their RW depth is. Could even see Dvorsky because outside of Suzuki, they don't have the greatest center depth.

However, if the Habs were smart, they would run at trying to give up 5th for the Flyers 7th and Hart, because that would benefit them (Habs) immensely.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021

A decent breakdown on his game. Some of his skills (puckhandling, shot) are really good.

Hes definitely got hands but i all of his tapes i saw were him just out handling kids. i want to see what he has when he is out matched. I just dont see anything more than a premium winger. I am a sucker for intelligent creative problem solvers with efficient solutions. they should make it look easy. this guy is my 6 yr old self playing NHL06, except he wont put up 20 pts a game.

IF leonard was like 6' 3" with the same exact skill set I'd be much higher on him because of the extra reach he'd have and more ability to throw his weight around. At 5' 11", a guy who really only excels at the offensive zone explosive puck handling aspect and is just solid-above average at the other things. If he was projected as a center, then that would mean his vision/iq and skating efficiency would be really strong and he would then be an absolute machine who could create tons of space around the ice.

Leonard needs to be paired with a Center who can help him open up the ice/feed him the puck when he has the right position to make a move. He just simply isnt efficient enough for his size.

This is why I said Benson/Leonard would be a crazy strong duo. The Bensons create opportunities for the Leonards of the world. Neither are 1 man shows but are both top 6 caliber minimum. I like players like Leonard as a 2nd Line wing on a cup team, or winging for an uber expensive 1C like a McDavid, Draisaitl.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille