Official 2018 HS Hockey Tourney Thread

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I wanted OT. A STA loss, no doubt, but I wanted some OT to watch as I kick back for the night back from work.

Oh well. STA looks like they could beat DIII schools, and even bad DI schools. Just such good puck handers on that team. Lots of errant passes though that they should have been sharper with.

Just glad Centennial won.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Is Orono rich boy territory? Median income there must be Minnesota Viking territory, maybe?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wow, Orono goes up 4-0, Mahtomedi scores two late in the second to get close, then score two early in the 3rd to tie it up!

Mahtomedi totally dominating play now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not expecting much from this Hermantown game... Alexandria plays a slow plodding game, they know they can't skate with the team that belongs in AA, their best hope is to play a suffocating low chance game and stay close as long as possible and hope to get some puck luck.

That said, Hermantown got thorough the Alexandria defense for a goal... well defended play but Hermantown got the goal, Alexandria just answered back on the pp. 1-1 game with 5 left in the first.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Orono rich boy territory? Median income there must be Minnesota Viking territory, maybe?
Mos def. My boy played with one of the players on that team during the summer and we went to a party at their house. Multiple swimming pools, golf holes, huge gorgeous house. Flip Saunders lived just down the street, i think.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
What happened to coach Plante? First time I've not seen him behind bench.

Google telling me he retired. A lot of people hated him. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad