GDT: Official 2017 #hcanes NCAA Football Thread

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I still say that at the end of the year, if there's not enough teams that are actually bowl eligible, instead of putting in the 5-7 teams they should just flat out go crazy and match up whatever winless teams are out there in college football against eachother. UTEP vs Georgia Southern: The pillow fight for the ages.

Okie State, I think we can win this one.

Sills is going to set TDs record I think lol

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
(hopefully)

Those guys were thinking ACC Champions and College Playoffs, New Years Six at worst, and one week past the halfway mark they're fighting to be Bowl eligible, so methinks they've just given up. This counts moreso for FSU since they can chalk up the season from hell to losing their starting QB in the first game.

Plus we play BC and Wake, so if anything wins over those guys will look impressive.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
And Wake is taking it to Louisville. Makes you wonder if any of State's wins are really any good.

Well today would be a good opportunity for that signature win since it looks like FSU and Louisville might not even make to to bowl eligibility.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Enjoy it 'cause we're losing all 4 d-line starters next year

I don't want to know what it took to keep Chubb in Raleigh.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well that sucks for the Wolfpack but Notre Dame is a much improved team this year.

Florida is looking to fire McElwain after they've been unable to substantiate his claims of his family and players receiving death threats. I would laugh if McElwain gets his pink slip before Butch Jones does.

Oh, so he lied about that? Damn no wonder they want him fired, thought maybe Florida fans were out of their minds for calling for his job.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Oh, so he lied about that? Damn no wonder they want him fired, thought maybe Florida fans were out of their minds for calling for his job.

Let's not kid ourselves. Florida fans are out of their minds calling for his job, but he may have given Florida a cheap means to do so.

That said, if he were doing well, they wouldn't be investigating lies to fire him for cause.

Back to actual football results: Between Wakeyleaks, Petrino being Petrino, and the basketball scandals, I really wanted this win. Having Dortch in my CFB fantasy league is a nice bonus.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
McElwain was hired to fix the offense and three years into his tenure the offense is the same, and in some cases, worse, than it was under Muschamp. Florida fans aren't out of their minds at all for wanting him sacked.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Well gents, it happened. McElwain is unemployed while Butch Jones still has a job. The Gators and McElwain "mutually agreed" to part ways but they're still negotiating the terms of McElwain's buyout. In the meanwhile, DC Randy Shannon becomes their interim head coach. How does this, Penn State losing, and other events change the bowl picture of the teams we care about?

UNC

Bonagura - Not bowl eligible
Hale - Not bowl eligible
USA Today - Not bowl eligible

NC State
Bonagura - Camping World Bowl (vs. Iowa State)
Hale - Camping World Bowl (vs. Iowa State)
USA Today - Citrus Bowl (vs. LSU)

Wake Forest
Bonagura - Belk Bowl (vs. South Carolina)
Hale - TaxSlayer Bowl (vs. Tennessee)
USA Today - Independence Bowl (vs. Florida)

ECU
Hale - Not bowl eligible
USA Today - Not bowl eligible

App State
Bonagura - Camellia Bowl (vs. Western Michigan)
Hale - New Orleans Bowl (vs. UAB)
USA Today - Cure Bowl (vs. FIU)

South Carolina
Bonagura - Belk Bowl (vs. Wake Forest)
Hale - Music City Bowl (vs. Iowa)
USA Today - Outback Bowl (vs. Michigan State)

Florida
Hale - Not bowl eligible
USA Today - Independence Bowl (vs. Wake Forest)

West Virginia
Bonagura - Texas Bowl (vs. Texas A&M)
Hale - Liberty Bowl (vs. Mississippi State)
USA Today - Cactus Bowl (vs. Arizona State)

Georgia Tech
Bonagura - Music City Bowl (vs. Kentucky)
Hale - Belk Bowl (vs. Kentucky)
USA Today - Belk Bowl (vs. Mississippi State)

Virginia Tech
Bonagura - Citrus Bowl (vs. Auburn)
Hale - Citrus Bowl (vs. Auburn)
USA Today - Camping World Bowl (vs. Oklahoma State)

Clemson
Bonagura - Orange Bowl (vs. Ohio State)
Hale - Rose Bowl (vs. Georgia) & National Championship (vs. Alabama)
USA Today - Sugar Bowl (vs. Alabama)

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad