Official 2015 Calgary Flames Draft Thread: 15th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think our concern in this draft is finding some top notch defenseman and some secondary scoring forwards in the 2nd/3rd round. I feel the draft is only overrated with the top 10 players, outside of the top 10 and outside of the 1st round there are a lot of quality players. For example, Sprong is projected to be a late 1st, I think he could have been a 10-15 pick in 2014.

For me I see nothing but potential in the 20-35 range of the draft for defensemen. We should try our best to get two picks in this range and draft D men.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Would any of the teams drafting in the 20's also have a higher second round pick? If so I could see moving back being beneficial because of the dmen in that range?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Would any of the teams drafting in the 20's also have a higher second round pick? If so I could see moving back being beneficial because of the dmen in that range?

The only team I can think of is AZ with 24th OA (Chicago) and their 2nd (32nd OA)

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I'd trade a couple picks for a top 6 winger

I'd love Jeremy Roy or Travis Konecny.

I haven't been following the draft enough to know who we should pick after that, but I'd like right handed shots with a high hockey I.Q

HockeyMind9

If the Flames win round 1 and lose in round 2, do we still pick 15th or would Winnipeg and anyone else knocked out in the first round pick ahead of us? I'm pretty sure it is only after round 2 (divisional winners) and further rounds where the reseeding occurs, but looking for confirmation.

That's a pretty great silver lining if we don't win the division (obviously my first choice is we go as far as we can.) Winning a playoff series and collecting revenues for 2 rounds while still picking only one spot after teams that missed the playoffs is pretty sweet.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If the Flames win round 1 and lose in round 2, do we still pick 15th or would Winnipeg and anyone else knocked out in the first round pick ahead of us? I'm pretty sure it is only after round 2 (divisional winners) and further rounds where the reseeding occurs, but looking for confirmation.

That's a pretty great silver lining if we don't win the division (obviously my first choice is we go as far as we can.) Winning a playoff series and collecting revenues for 2 rounds while still picking only one spot after teams that missed the playoffs is pretty sweet.

Reseeding occurs when there are 4 teams left.

If Calgary beats Vancouver and Anaheim, the lowest we'd pick is 27.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
current draft order

Pick | Picking Team | Original Pick | Highest | Lowest 1 |
EDM_zpsphqk6hbq.jpg
| Oilers | - | - 2 |
BUF_zpsgn7bfbss.jpg
| Sabres | - | - 3 |
ARZ_zps265w5o4g.jpg
| Coyotes | - | - 4 |
TOR_zpsdtu6jgbh.jpg
| Maple Leafs | - | - 5 |
CAR_zpsa0r2mpkg.jpg
| Hurricanes | - | - 6 |
NJD_zpsgu1uomdu.jpg
| Devils | - | - 7 |
PHI_zpsuqe2zakv.jpg
| Flyers | - | - 8 |
CBJ_zpskufemhmq.jpg
| Blue Jackets | - | - 9 |
SJS_zpsvlfottcg.jpg
| Sharks | - | - 10 |
COL_zpsrmclic6o.jpg
| Avalanche | - | - 11 |
FLA_zpsxuudtyfu.jpg
| Panthers | - | - 12 |
DAL_zpsq4xve02l.jpg
| Stars | - | - 13 |
LAK_zpshj3t5dg6.jpg
| Kings | - | - 14 |
BOS_zpsq8n7nb5p.jpg
| Bruins | - | - 15 |
CGY_zpsnjnz0c4a.jpg
| Flames | 15 | 30 16 |
EDM_zpsphqk6hbq.jpg
| Penguins | 15 | 16 17 |
WPG_zps7xdrxojd.jpg
| Jets | 16 | 17 18 |
OTT_zpsa5uf3itz.jpg
| Senators | 17 | 30 19 |
DET_zpsmknit3ol.jpg
| Red Wings | 17 | 30 20 |
MIN_zpsmkwtlubw.jpg
| Wild | 17 | 30 21 |
BUF_zpsgn7bfbss.jpg
| Islanders | 17 | 30 22 |
WSH_zpsjovqfqde.jpg
| Capitals | 17 | 30 23 |
VAN_zpssaof7y39.jpg
| Canucks | 18 | 30 24 |
ARZ_zps265w5o4g.jpg
| Blackhawks | 19 | 30 25 |
TOR_zpsdtu6jgbh.jpg
| Predators | 19 | 30 26 |
PHI_zpsuqe2zakv.jpg
| Lightning | 20 | 30 27 |
WPG_zps7xdrxojd.jpg
| Blues | 24 | 30 28 |
AHM_zpsjxbecjau.jpg
| Ducks | 24 | 30 29 |
MON_zpssjjy61eb.jpg
| Canadiens | 24 | 30 30 |
TBL_zpsyvwaz2fu.jpg
| Rangers | 24 | 30

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Top 9: McD, Eichel, Hanifin, Strome, Marner, Provorov, Werenski, Rantanen, Crouse

Then there are a group of really interesting players:

Chabot, Meier, Connor, Barzal, Konecny, Zacha, Merkley, Svenchnikov, Zboril and Roy.

A few other guys that few people seem to be talking about are Nick Meloche, and Ek Ericsson. I could see both sneaking into the 11-12 range. Especially EK Ericsson he looks to be doing really well. But I doubt he's available at our pick... Swedes tend to go under the radar until draft day because their numbers are never as eye-popping as those of kids in the CHL.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Not sure if anyone will be up after last night but 9am EST, Canada plays for bronze versus the Swiss. Last chance to see some of the 2015 draft class play before draft day.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Pretty meh to be honest, Canada scored three to start, Swiss came back with two, then Canada scored two. Barzal did his thing as per normal. Seriously do not see this kid leaving the top 10 in the draft.

joeyabs

May 15, 2013
SoDoSoPa
Yeah Barzal has amazing patience and vision. Harkins hasnt done much for his draft stock imo, pretty dissapointed in him.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
**** these TSN-commentators, hating Finland.

Sorry, just annoys me. :laugh: Those refs are full of ****, too.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:help: First round of nhl playoffs really thins out the tv talent for u18s, lol
i think the best to do that tournament is probably just Rod Black, it has always had B or C level commentators.

They should get Shorthouse to do it since his season is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00