Official 2013 Memorial Cup Thread - Saskatoon, SK - May 17th-26th, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
5-2.

Wooooooooooooooooow. Not used to seeing Portland outclassed like this.

That pass by Drouin was filthy.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I'm an Oilers fan who casually cheers for Tampa. I'm really excited for this pair. I think St Louis will be a great mentor for Drouin as well.

The only obstacle left in the way is for SY to actually draft Drouin. If Murray's comments about the top 5 are to be taken at face value, we'll make the homer pick and a big mistake by taking Nichushkin...we're all praying it doesn't happen because Drouin looks to be a franchise-type player, while Nichushkin looks like a great complementary player like Nash, Ryan JVR etc.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
The only obstacle left in the way is for SY to actually draft Drouin. If Murray's comments about the top 5 are to be taken at face value, we'll make the homer pick and a big mistake by taking Nichushkin...we're all praying it doesn't happen because Drouin looks to be a franchise-type player, while Nichushkin looks like a great complementary player like Nash, Ryan JVR etc.

Did Nish void his contract and say he's planning on coming to NA next year? If so then I'd be worried, if not, then I can't see Tampa being patient and waiting for him.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I know Jones is a great prospect but will he be so much better as a dman than Mackinnon or Drouin will up front? Colorado better do their homework and not make the same mistake St. Louis did in 2006.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Did Nish void his contract and say he's planning on coming to NA next year? If so then I'd be worried, if not, then I can't see Tampa being patient and waiting for him.

Nish said he would come over to NA, but that if he wasn't guaranteed a pro roster spot he'd go back to the KHL until he was given one. Typical Russian.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I know Jones is a great prospect but will he be so much better as a dman than Mackinnon or Drouin will up front? Colorado better do their homework and not make the same mistake St. Louis did in 2006.

Agreed.

I can see why Jones is rated so high, but I'm not seeing enough to take him ahead of what seem to be surefire offensive juggernauts like Mackinnon or Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad