Official 2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
I really do not believe the WHL was behind this year. Any of Edmonton, Portland, Kamloops, or Tri-City were worthy candidates to win the WHL championship.

The same cannot be said for as many teams in the Q or OHL.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I really do not believe the WHL was behind this year. Any of Edmonton, Portland, Kamloops, or Tri-City were worthy candidates to win the WHL championship.

The same cannot be said for as many teams in the Q or OHL.

Rimouski would probably walk all over that Edmonton team... they're too intense and physical

Chicoutimi actually beat Saint John in the playoffs this year

Halifax and Quebec are similar to Edmonton with all those young guns

I'm sure the OHL has plenty of solid teams as well

Edmonton is just a disgrace tonight

Sizemore24*

Laurent Brossoit
GP: 61
MIN: 3574
GA: 147
SO: 3
GAA: 2.47
W: 42
L: 13
OTL: 2
SOL: 3
SA:1705
SVS: 1558
SAV%: 0.914

Yeah, what a chump. :sarcasm: Thanks for playing.

He's looking like a chump. That Oil Kings team is way over-rated by the fanbase.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
This whole Memorial Cup has been a disgrace. The reffing, the ice, the punishment handed out to players who should have been suspended.. By far the worst Memorial Cup display I've ever seen.

Now go back to your cave, trolls. The Oil Kings will be back next year.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
3rd is starting. Time for some damage control. Just keep it like this and it'll take about a millionth of the sting off.

Evgeni Giroux

May 7, 2011
This whole Memorial Cup has been a disgrace. The reffing, the ice, the punishment handed out to players who should have been suspended.. By far the worst Memorial Cup display I've ever seen.

Amen, dont waste your energy on the trolls.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site

Comon Joey, I've seen only one troll in that thread. The OK are young and will be better next year, nothing wrong with that. They aren't a bunch of dirty goon they didn't embarass themself, they are young and are a step behind the other 3 teams. Almost every year there's a team who looks behind, from any league, its not like it's a moment to remember ...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wow...

The Oil Kings basically look like a very young team that is kinda gassed. There's skill on that team, but they just seem like they're regressing every game.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats to Shawinigin. Good luck against Saint John.

Congratulations on a great season to the Edmonton Oil Kings. Too bad it had to end like that. I hope we'll see you guys next year, ready to play this tournament.

Haligonian

---------
Dec 23, 2008
Halifax
People need to calm down.. the Oil Kings got beat by a more rested and very good Shawinigan team. That's it. They're both good teams, Shawinigan was just better tonight, that's what can happen in these one-game scenarios. Congrats Oil Kings on a good season and good luck to Shawinigan against Saint John tomorrow night.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Yup. The WHL champions are so overrated. :laugh:

You're a joke dude, sit down.

Not even worth responding to people who talk about how the West is overrated. They just don't understand junior hockey and how the memorial cup can make very good teams look bad.

If it makes you feel better I remember for a long while there people thought the WHL was superior to the O and the Q (in their defense the WHL was winning a lot of memorial cups up until the last few years). Now the Q wins one in a row and and a tired and inexperienced WHL champion falters a bit on bad ice in Quebec.. and all of a sudden the west is bad. It's laughable. The Oil Kings might very well spank everyone next year when it's in the west.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Not even worth responding to people who talk about how the West is overrated. They just don't understand junior hockey and how the memorial cup can make very good teams look bad.

If it makes you feel better I remember for a long while there people thought the WHL was superior to the O and the Q (in their defense the WHL was winning a lot of memorial cups up until the last few years). Now the Q wins one in a row and and a tired and inexperienced WHL champion falters a bit on bad ice in Quebec.. and all of a sudden the west is bad. It's laughable. The Oil Kings might very well spank everyone next year when it's in the west.

I won't go that far, but I do think this team will be much better next year.

Fair play to Shawinigin though. They battled and came to win. My hat is off, my comments about them as host were entirely misplaced. They belong in this tournament, and I wish them the best of luck in the rest of it.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Oil Kings are kind of a joke, watch them go dirty soon enough.
The Oil Kings are the farthest thing from a joke. They won the WHL championships against a team inculding Sven Baertschi, a top two player in the CHL. They are a young team with a ton of potential. And calling them dirty is simply ridiculous. They are no more "dirty" than any of the other 3 teams in this tourney.

Regardless, congratulations to the Cataractes for winning the game and to the Oil Kings on their excellent season.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

Your comment is a disgrace…there's no place for that on these threads..Don't blame the city of Shawinigan and all the people who has put a lot of work into making this event a good place to host the Memorial Cup and its fans. The temperature this past week in Québec has been rising as hell..30 degrees outside in Shawinigan..it's normal to have it's ice melting. As for the referees, they are from the 3 leagues. You're just mad because your Edmonton Oil Kings just lost against a no-named Shawinigan Cataractes from the Q. I give credit for the Cataractes because everybody has underestimated them, and I congratulate the OK's for showing how talented they are and with Lazar in it's system, they're in business.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I don't think anyone questions Kabanov's skill, it's the attitude that scared teams. Isles should have a good player if he stays in NA.

AFAIK, there's no indication that he would leave NA. He seems like he's come a long way in his attitude and commitment, which IMO were overblown issues in the first place.

I think he'll definitely be a good player, and with a good summer camp I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see him make the team next year.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
He's looking like a chump. That Oil Kings team is way over-rated by the fanbase.

not sure whats so hard to understand about a team playing one bad game? Oilers beat Chicago 9-2 this year therefore the Oilers were better than Chicago this season........dude ur making urself look like an idiot

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
I think these posters who are calling teams overrated and leagues a step behind dont watch much junior hockey. I have fallen trap to it but hopefully it ends if we all stop acknowledging these ridiculous posts.

Moving on, I actually am going to be cheering Shawinigan for the rest of the tournament. I didnt like some of Londons actions and I think the city deserves a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad