R S

Sep 18, 2006
Can't wait for it to get started!

Who's the favorite heading in?

Saint John?
Edmonton?
London?
Shawinigan?

For me, I've got Saint John vs. Edmonton in the finals.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
I'm going with Knights to win it all.

Strong goalie and the toughest shutdown pair, Tinordi and Harrington.

Also depth on the forward lines and Olli Maatta just keeps upping his game.

All teams match up very well though, home team is under the radar now but should spring a surprise or two.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Which team has the best top 4 D and goalie combo?

I would argue that it's Edmonton.

Lowe-Pysyk
Gernat-Reinhart

Brossoit

That's an impressive grouping.

OMGaudreau

Jun 19, 2006
Best of luck Oil Kings. Wow, cant believe I am cheering for an Edmonton based sports team - feels weird.

Canuck71*

Dale Hunter will be behind the London bench.

No way! I haven't heard this yet but this will be an awesome boost for London. They all loved playing for him before he left and he's a big reason why London is a powerhouse year after year.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
The hosts have a ton of talent too. Don't count them out.

Oil Kings and Knights both peaked a year earlier than most thought. I'm going with the all QMJHL Mem Cup final although I'd love to see Edmonton win it all.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
The Sea Dogs are the favourites, obviously, but the other teams are pretty strong, too. It'll come down to goaltending, as it usually does, and right now Brossoit is showing that he is capable of taking the Oil Kings all the way to another championship.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Mark Hunter did an admirable job coaching the team, but Dale Hunter will be behind the bench for the Knights after ending his arrangement with the Capitals.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
I will cheer for Shawinigan but the Sea Dogs powerhouse will be hard to stop.

Let's hope Gormley is completely healthy.

Gormley-Ellis must be the most solid pairing out there.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
I_am_liquor will have to laugh at a lot of people in this thread because apparently Shawinigan dioesn't have a chance of beating anyone in the tournament.

goaliedad29

Dec 20, 2011
I will cheer for Shawinigan but the Sea Dogs powerhouse will be hard to stop.

Let's hope Gormley is completely healthy.

Gormley-Ellis must be the most solid pairing out there.

I think Pysk-Lowe, Tinordi-Harrington, and even Reinhart-Gernat may have something to say about that.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
To the previous poster

It has to be

Tinordi-Harrington
Ellis-Gormley
Pysyk-Lowe
Beaulieu-Roussel
Gernat-Reinhart
Maata-Hughes

i see a SeaDogs vs London in final with London winning. MVP Houser.

Last edited:

Camshaft77

Jan 3, 2005
Ontario
As much as I want the team representing the OHL to win the Memorial Cup, Saint John will be the team that takes it. They are the defending champions and have a top notch team.
I think the tournament will be a lot like the 2010 tournament in Brandon. You had a returning champion with lots of fire power that walked to the title and I believe you will see something similar.

This is no slight to London, Edmonton or Shawinigan but you don't usually see teams stacked like Saint John get back to the tournament only to lose. Gallant is too good of a coach to let that happen with this team.

goaliedad29

Dec 20, 2011
As much as I want the team representing the OHL to win the Memorial Cup, Saint John will be the team that takes it. They are the defending champions and have a top notch team.
I think the tournament will be a lot like the 2010 tournament in Brandon. You had a returning champion with lots of fire power that walked to the title and I believe you will see something similar.This is no slight to London, Edmonton or Shawinigan but you don't usually see teams stacked like Saint John get back to the tournament only to lose. Gallant is too good of a coach to let that happen with this team.

If I remember correctly though, Windsor got a stiff test in the playoffs before they got to Brandon, whereas Saint John really hasn't faced much adversity in the playoffs (no disrespect to Rimouski). I think both Edmonton and London will present a type of challenge to Saint John that they have not yet had to deal with, particularly in terms of the defence they will be facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00