Official 2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick8*

That Edmonton team is not really good... The WHL was obviously a step behind the 2 others league this year.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
That's right! Cats are taking advantage of every opportunities..that's where they are better than the Oil Kings. They have to keep coming at Edmonton..Go Cats Go!

Question: did the time difference between Edmonton and Shawinigan hurt the Oil Kings? If I remember correctly, they kinda came a week sooner or couple of days leading to the Memorial Cup?

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Wow. What a collapse. This team has done a complete 180. It's too bad. The Oil Kings are a great team.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
That Edmonton team is not really good... The WHL was obviously a step behind the 2 others league this year.

Wrong.

This isn't the team that beat Portland. Not even close. I'm positive Portland would be better. I don't know what's wrong here, but it's pissing me off. Other Oil Kings fans will agree, they've not been playing like they are capable of.

Also agree with Wheatkings post, they are beat up and dog tired, they had to go to war with Moose Jaw and Portland.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006

Or the WHL is very competitive and the Oil Kings really had to battle hard to get where they are. Like I've said a few times in this thread. The series against Moose Jaw(round 3) and Portland(round 4) were all out war. The Oil Kings are banged up, inexperienced and it's showing.

To say they aren't a good team is just wrong. You don't win 22 straight games by fluke.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Edmonton is young. These players aren't used to so many games. They're out of gas and fatigued mentally.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Question: did the time difference between Edmonton and Shawinigan hurt the Oil Kings? If I remember correctly, they kinda came a week sooner or couple of days leading to the Memorial Cup?

Uhm...they had the least amount of time in-between games compared to SJ and LON.

They won their series vs Portland on Sunday the 11th.

Their first game at the Mem Cup was on Friday the 16th.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton

LOL you cant be serious can you? The entire CHL is competitive across all three leagues. Edmonton has played like **** this playoffs, I will give you that, but to suggest the WHL is a step behind is ignorance. I guarantee the Portland Winterhawks and the Tri-City Americans would be very dangerous in this tournament. I dont know whats wrong with Edmonton though, this is a different team than the one who beat Portland in one of the best series I have ever watched. Brossoit is playing bad but the Offense and PP have been terrible as well. I really wish Wruck was in the lineup, he's such an energetic player. I just dont understand how you can suggest the WHL is a step behind:shakehead I shouldnt have even dignified that with a response.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
That's right! Cats are taking advantage of every opportunities..that's where they are better than the Oil Kings. They have to keep coming at Edmonton..Go Cats Go!

They were still playing in the WHL playoffs a week before the tourney.

Its no excuse they are simply playing the worst they have all year.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
The Oil Kings left everything on the ice in the Portland series, they haven't been the same team all tournament, asides from glimpse that have been few and far between. That being said, OK fans shouldn't try to take anything away from this Shawinigan team, they came to play tonight and are playing great hockey. Good luck to them against the Sea dogs, turning the game off for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad