OFFICIAL: 2011 HFNHL Free Agent Results - *** COMPLETE ***

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
This is a problem of nomenclature, I believe - and one we seem to run into almost every year. I think Matthew's comment was referring to "Part 2" of the bidding on both signed and UDFA players who received bids in Round 1, as opposed to "Round 2" of free agency, which is bids on players who did not receive any bids in Round 1.

Partly true but in this case it was context.

On page 3 Rich asked "Are bids on unsigned players due on Saturday along with the second round bids, or are those going to be handled separately?"

Quoting this Matt answered "We're gonna handle them all together. The deadline is going to change - everyone will get an extension to Monday most likely."

Hence the minor mix-up.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Rich has already pointed to these too.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Glad we could get all the inconsistencies cleared up. Great job Matt and others. This offseason has had only minor hickups and is still one of the "cleanest" we've had in some time it seems. Cheers.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
The Champ! said:
Partly true but in this case it was context.

On page 3 Rich asked "Are bids on unsigned players due on Saturday along with the second round bids, or are those going to be handled separately?"

Quoting this Matt answered "We're gonna handle them all together. The deadline is going to change - everyone will get an extension to Monday most likely."

Part of it was that I didn't read Rich's question right - I thought he was asking about the players which needed additional bidding which weren't yet posted at that time -

Glad we could get all the inconsistencies cleared up. Great job Matt and others. This offseason has had only minor hickups and is still one of the "cleanest" we've had in some time it seems. Cheers.

Thanks Josh. Jon did all the leg work on this - he should be commended for a fine job. And let's not forget our agents and Jeff who also prepped all of this.

I've updated the main list now so it should be correct as of this moment.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Is that word used euphemistically, Robb? :D

He sounds very excited to say its matched lol

given the choice and lack of real interest by DAL to pay the price expected to trade for the asset, the Penguis are pleased to have the option to keep the player.

whatever, i would fire myself for not autosigning him to begin with, but it feels better to blame DAL GM instead.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
The Penguins are pleased to announce that the offer to Cory Schneider has been matched.

Now that that chunk of cap room is tied up for the Pens, and given I'm pretty much out of the bidding for a top 6 UFA forward, I can revisit whether I want to send an RFA offer sheet for Raymond when the next round of bidding opens up. The chips are falling into place as planned :naughty:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Some new signings - Tanner House and Denis Endras have signed contracts (reflected on the front page) - Just a few hours till the deadline peeps.

EDIT: Tarkki as well....

Last edited:

Brent Burns Beard