Speculation: Offer Sheet: Nikita Kucherov

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Problem here is Kucherov has to sign the offer sheet, and after seeing what he would do to Drouin, a top prospect, I doubt he will sign one.

He hasn't yet, so...

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Makes no sense at all.

Lucic - McDavid - Yakupov
Pouliot - Nuge - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

If there's an offer sheet from EDM it's on Trouba, Ristolainen, Ceci, or Lindholm. And that would be pretty shocking.

Might be late but bolded cant be offer sheeted. Sens would match any OS for Ceci unless its well over what hes worth.

Sabres owner is always itching to spend more money then he should..so Rito would be matched as well lol..but worth the gamble...

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Clearly, the Oilers are the LAST team that should do this. Given their history in the standings for oh, the last decade, it wouldn't be wise. Not to mention that everyone and their dog knows that the Oilers , even after the Hall-Larsson trade are very top heavy, and need D and G, NOT forwards.

Kucherov would be a significant upgrade to every winger listed. How exactly does it not make sense?

The Oilers aren't going to OS Kucherov.

Is he an upgrade on either wing sides...hells yes. But the time and effort it takes to OS a player along with the backlash that comes with it is not worth the time for the Oilers. That energy should be and was directing to fixing the D core.

Oilers will likely want to see Eberle play with McDavid all season to see if they can build on their chemistry. Yakupov is on his last leg with the org to show that hes actually an NHL caliber player. If Yak doesn't realize the his NHL job is on the line this year with Pulju about to be nipping at his heels, mind you IMO that might just be too easy of a battle for Pulju.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
would it make sense for edmonton or too soon?

Does he play RHD ? If not no it not worth it to the Oilers . Also as an Oiler fan I don't want the Oilers offer sheeting anyone . I want then to have good relationships with other teams so when the need to make a trade teams will deal with them .

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Another one of these huh?

Tampa will match probably literally any offer and deal players beyond that to fit.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Offersheets just don't happen anymore, They should just get rid of them the next CBA... cuz it's pointless. Evenmore so this year since the cap remained pretty much stagnant. I'm honestly not even sure if there are teams out there with the cap space to offersheet any of the RFA's that wouldn't get matched by the teams they are currently on.

Trouba? Sure, but the Jets would most likely match unless someone is stupid and gives up four 1sts.

Kucherov? Same thing

Lindholm? Same

Ristolainen? Same thing

Plus It would appear that the teams who do have the cap space are a lot further away from winning than the teams who don't or the teams these RFA's currently play for.

Offersheets? It's an interesting topic but in the reality of the NHL world, where there is a salary cap? I don't see any happening anytime soon.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Pretty much anything 8m and below, but I have a hard time seeing anyone pulling this move on someone with a reputation and respect around the league as Yzerman.

I mean I could see someone like Benning do it though..:laugh:

I don't think anyone is going to offersheet, it's not out of respect for Yzerman though. Weber got offer-sheeted and Poile is a more highly-regarded GM in hockey circles IMO.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It's not out of respect at all, It's about a stagnant cap and most teams looking like they will be damn near cap teams this season, Some teams will have to shed some salary still and later in the year, This year is gonna be brutal trades wise, just don't see many happening at all, I bet the trade deadline show is gonna be worse than normal, teams just don't have the cap space this year to add players who command 8 million dollars plus a year.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Kucherov would be a significant upgrade to every winger listed. How exactly does it not make sense?

I wouldn't say significant at all. He's better than Eberle and Lucic but not by enough that it is worth it to Edmonton. We would have to offer like 7-8M, which we can't really afford to spend up front.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I wouldn't say significant at all. He's better than Eberle and Lucic but not by enough that it is worth it to Edmonton. We would have to offer like 7-8M, which we can't really afford to spend up front.

Kucherov is 10 x better than Eberle and Lucic... Eberle is seriously over rated by Oiler fans... Kucherov is the better player and it's not even close.... take your homer goggles off, realize Kucherov would be your best winger by a significant amount.

But you don't really have the cap space to do these things anyways so it's a moot point....

That's what happens when you pay the RNH's and Eberles of the world 6 million a year.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Kucherov is 10 x better than Eberle and Lucic... Eberle is seriously over rated by Oiler fans... Kucherov is the better player and it's not even close.... take your homer goggles off, realize Kucherov would be your best winger by a significant amount.

But you don't really have the cap space to do these things anyways so it's a moot point....

That's what happens when you pay the RNH's and Eberles of the world 6 million a year.

Eberle at 22 years old put up better numbers than Kucherov at 23 years old. There is nothing overrated about him. He's been a consistent 60+ point player since his sophomore year.

In fact, I would bet if you put Eberle on Tampa with their D core and PP he would be producing more than Kucherov. Take a look at the Oilers D production. It clearly impacts the amount of GF.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Eberle at 22 years old put up better numbers than Kucherov at 23 years old. There is nothing overrated about him. He's been a consistent 60+ point player since his sophomore year.

In fact, I would bet if you put Eberle on Tampa with their D core and PP he would be producing more than Kucherov. Take a look at the Oilers D production. It clearly impacts the amount of GF.

I'm pretty solidly in the "Eberle is underrated" camp (if there even is a camp), but Eberle would have to play defense here. Also laughable that you bring up our 28th in the league PP as a point in Kucherov's favor.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
There is pretty much only one player in the league i would probably be okay with giving up 4 1st round picks in a offer sheet and that player is McDavid.

Kucherov is a great player, but i personally don't think it would be worth it to give up 4 1st round picks for him in an offer sheet.

Like a 8 year $110M contract.:amazed:
$13.75M per for mcdavid.

I can see a team giving Kuch $8M per, he's worth that amount.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012

while he would be an upgrade on the wing , it doesn't make sense for edm , because (1) they still need to improve their defense , (2) their wingers aren't trash so no need to waste asset on area where they have some skill already

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
In fact, I would bet if you put Eberle on Tampa with their D core and PP he would be producing more than Kucherov.

Pretty sure Eberle's production wouldn't increase by leaving the 18th ranked PP in the league to join the 28th ranked PP. Why do so many people think Tampa's PP is good ? It's certainly not because they've actually watched that cluster**** in action. If anything Kucherov's PP production would be higher on a different team, not the other way around.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Pretty sure Eberle's production wouldn't increase by leaving the 18th ranked PP in the league to join the 28th ranked PP. Why do so many people think Tampa's PP is good ? It's certainly not because they've actually watched that cluster**** in action. If anything Kucherov's PP production would be higher on a different team, not the other way around.

Didn't realize Tampa's PP was 28th. I thought they were higher last time I checked PP's. Regardless, Edmonton's PP went up big time only when McDavid came back. Before that they were near the bottom with Tampa. My point with D production still stands. It's arguably a bigger factor anyways.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa

And how many playoff games has Eberle played?

Oops. I just heard the toilet flush.

Good luck finding many 23 year olds with 42 points in 45 playoff games, bud.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If offersheet, it should be $8M/5 years. I think Tampa will match this anyway, but it leads to problems with signing other players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad