Speculation: Offer Sheet: Nikita Kucherov

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
You would have to think Tampa would match almost any offer below 9.388 Million. Although if someone offered him, say 8M and Tampa didn't match that team would owe them 2 First Round Picks, 1 Second and 1 Third Round Pick. So you also have to find a team that has all of those picks.

They most certainly match any offer 7,510,464 or below as the compensation would only be a First, Second and Third Round Picks.

eviohh26*

You would have to think Tampa would match almost any offer below 9.388 Million. Although if someone offered him, say 8M and Tampa didn't match that team would owe them 2 First Round Picks, 1 Second and 1 Third Round Pick. So you also have to find a team that has all of those picks.

They most certainly match any offer 7,510,464 or below as the compensation would only be a First, Second and Third Round Picks.

They have alot more to sign than just Kucherov. It could be done!

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
They have alot more to sign than just Kucherov. It could be done!

I would think they would sign him and get rid of someone else. I don't forsee them losing Kuch over 8M.Anything over that would certainly be interesting. I remember reading a thread where several Tampa fans agreed that if they had to get rid of one of the triplets it would be Johnson.

Would love to hear from a Tampa fan how much money is the absolute Max they would match.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
would it make sense for edmonton or too soon?

Makes no sense at all.

Lucic - McDavid - Yakupov
Pouliot - Nuge - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

If there's an offer sheet from EDM it's on Trouba, Ristolainen, Ceci, or Lindholm. And that would be pretty shocking.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Hope the Oilers do it if any team because Kucherov is dangerous around the net, and imagining McDavid bringing it into the attack zone while Kucherov around the net would be scary.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Would love to hear from a Tampa fan how much money is the absolute Max they would match.

I'd imagine Yzerman wouldn't be willing to give him more than Stamkos $. It also depends on when the compensation ends up being 4 firsts, but I don't really know much about offer-sheets and the how compensation works so idk.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I would think they would sign him and get rid of someone else. I don't forsee them losing Kuch over 8M.Anything over that would certainly be interesting. I remember reading a thread where several Tampa fans agreed that if they had to get rid of one of the triplets it would be Johnson.

Pretty much anything 8m and below, but I have a hard time seeing anyone pulling this move on someone with a reputation and respect around the league as Yzerman.

I mean I could see someone like Benning do it though..:laugh:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

High enough that the compensation would be 4 1sts. That means ~7m for 7 years, ~8m for 6 years or ~9 million for 5 years(assuming any team has that much cap space available as well as 4 1sts to give up)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
There is pretty much only one player in the league i would probably be okay with giving up 4 1st round picks in a offer sheet and that player is McDavid.

Kucherov is a great player, but i personally don't think it would be worth it to give up 4 1st round picks for him in an offer sheet.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If a top team can open up the cap enough to land him & 8 mill, it would be a steal. I mean, it would almost be three 2nds and a third in that scenario.

Not much difference between the 28th (for instance) pick and the 31st.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Any offer we wouldn't match is one where the picks would likely tilt the situation in our favor. If a team were to do it, it would be more like an Atlantic team trying to **** with our cap structure. Does any Atlantic team have the space to do that? Can't see someone like Murray or Shanahan doing it, given their relationships with Yzerman.

Can't see a team offer sheeting him to actually land him. It's probably fairly well known that we'd match anything worth giving him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hope the Oilers do it if any team because Kucherov is dangerous around the net, and imagining McDavid bringing it into the attack zone while Kucherov around the net would be scary.

That would be offside

:sarcasm:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
He is a really good player with upside. The price would be so high that a team would have to make Kuch their franchise player or close to it plus give Tampa a load of picks. It would not be a smart move and risky to put so much into one player. I am a Tampa fan and I wouldn't give up 4 firsts for him and I would think hard about giving up two firsts, a second and a third for him.
Another factor is the player himself and I am sure he wants to stay in Tampa anyway and play with guys he has been with since his AHL days.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

and Tampa would probably take the 4 1st overalls

isn't the offersheet rule still take the total contract (if over 5 years) and divide by 5 years to get the amount for compensation? so a lot of these "offers" are really 4 1sts

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Clearly, the Oilers are the LAST team that should do this. Given their history in the standings for oh, the last decade, it wouldn't be wise. Not to mention that everyone and their dog knows that the Oilers , even after the Hall-Larsson trade are very top heavy, and need D and G, NOT forwards.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Makes no sense at all.

Lucic - McDavid - Yakupov
Pouliot - Nuge - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

If there's an offer sheet from EDM it's on Trouba, Ristolainen, Ceci, or Lindholm. And that would be pretty shocking.

Kucherov would be a significant upgrade to every winger listed. How exactly does it not make sense?

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Any offer we wouldn't match is one where the picks would likely tilt the situation in our favor. If a team were to do it, it would be more like an Atlantic team trying to **** with our cap structure. Does any Atlantic team have the space to do that? Can't see someone like Murray or Shanahan doing it, given their relationships with Yzerman.

Can't see a team offer sheeting him to actually land him. It's probably fairly well known that we'd match anything worth giving him.

Ottawa does, but I can't see Dorion doing this, as we have to resign Ceci, and core players like Stone, Turris, Karlsson, etc will need raises in upcoming years, so I'm sure the cap space is earmarked for that.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
No one is offer sheeting Kucherov, If they were i'm pretty sure we would already know about it. And i doubt that he would sign it any ways. Considering the team that most likely offer sheet's him would not be a cup contender like Tampa he likes it there and there's no reason for him to go any where else. A deal will get done.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Like I've said 1000x before... submitting an offer sheet is about getting the player, and NOT about screwing over the other team. Knowing TBL will match any reasonable offer means he will not be offer-sheeted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad