OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode IX: Jarome Jiginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah. :laugh:

It didn't end well for me. If I remember correctly the principal had to come down to class and drag me out. :laugh:

stay in school kids.
I know this will be shocking to hear but I had a permanent seat in the principal's office.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So does anyone else here work graveyards or is it just me?

I used to at my old job (call center). It was kind of a double-edged sword IMO.

Pros:
-Always made premium pay
-I hated my boss so I got to work when he wasn't around
-If it was dead (which it always was) I would bring my laptop to work and play video games all night

Cons:
-I would get home at 7am and go to bed but I could never sleep more than 5 hours, so I was always exhausted
-Never got to hang out with my friends or gf because I was trying to sleep or I was just a ***** to be around lol
-Gained a ton of weight because I would overeat on my shifts and then not sleep and consequently not exercise or anything

I wouldn't do it again. It wreaked havoc on my system.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
I used to at my old job (call center). It was kind of a double-edged sword IMO.

Pros:
-Always made premium pay
-I hated my boss so I got to work when he wasn't around
-If it was dead (which it always was) I would bring my laptop to work and play video games all night

Cons:
-I would get home at 7am and go to bed but I could never sleep more than 5 hours, so I was always exhausted
-Never got to hang out with my friends or gf because I was trying to sleep or I was just a ***** to be around lol
-Gained a ton of weight because I would overeat on my shifts and then not sleep and consequently not exercise or anything

I wouldn't do it again. It wreaked havoc on my system.

I also worked nights at my old job, fulltime for almost 2 years. seemed like i was going to my doctor like once a month during that time. He tried to diagnose me with a type of depression related to working nights, so i NOPE'd outta that job pretty quick after that

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
Oh wow sounds like not too many other people like it. I love it actually. I work 11-7 Monday to Friday at a machine shop. Pay is good, people are cool and I still see most of my friends on a decent basis and I'm single without kids so that doesn't get affected

Plus it's socially acceptable to sleep in till 3pm and I love that

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
I enjoyed them at first, but after awhile it wore me down. I applied for a promotion but didn't get it, and after awhile it became clear that I had no long-term future with the company, so I quit and decided to go back to school.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
AF, the fact that you didn't remind me that the BJs are playing a day game right now is deeply disappointing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So I just left Shoppers, I spent $30 on 50% off chocolate, think about that for a moment.
20140727_154054.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Encarnacion off to a flying start, too. And Hutch.
and Travis. I am pretty excited about this kid, he's never even played a AAA game and has homered in his MLB debut, so awesome

Also was not expecting Hutch to start opening night day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad