OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode IX: Jarome Jiginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Who wants an AF update on thoose turds at Rogers?

I called and asked to speak to a manager, of course the girl it trained to de-escalate calls so I just told her that she has done nothing wrong and I didn't want to yell at her and that was her managers job. She laughed, thanked me and found me a manager.

I ripped into him. I managed not to yell or swear but I was very blunt about my experience. I called the first agent I dealt with incompetent. I called out the second for poor customer service in telling me I could just text my employees. I told him that if my staff were that poor at their jobs they would be looking for another job.

By the time I was done he waived the small amount I owed on my previous device and gave me this month at no charge. I had him email me this information before I got off the phone with him so they couldn't try to **** me like they did Janko.

Before I called I signed up with Telus and am getting a Nexus 5 on a 2 year plan. When the phone arrives in a few days they will port my number over to Telus. Naturally Rogers doesn't know this yet :laugh:

I think I will chalk this up as a win.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Who wants an AF update on thoose turds at Rogers?

I called and asked to speak to a manager, of course the girl it trained to de-escalate calls so I just told her that she has done nothing wrong and I didn't want to yell at her and that was her managers job. She laughed, thanked me and found me a manager.

I ripped into him. I managed not to yell or swear but I was very blunt about my experience. I called the first agent I dealt with incompetent. I called out the second for poor customer service in telling me I could just text my employees. I told him that if my staff were that poor at their jobs they would be looking for another job.

By the time I was done he waived the small amount I owed on my previous device and gave me this month at no charge. I had him email me this information before I got off the phone with him so they couldn't try to **** me like they did Janko.

Before I called I signed up with Telus and am getting a Nexus 5 on a 2 year plan. When the phone arrives in a few days they will port my number over to Telus. Naturally Rogers doesn't know this yet :laugh:

I think I will chalk this up as a win.
giphy.gif

Still higher than Monabae's age :sarcasm:
I don't know how I missed this one, :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Can't remember if this is a thing in Calgary, but this week I decided to fire up the BBQ, and had to thoroughly clean out all the mould before doing so. Like 45 minutes of scrubbing and scraping, then letting the BBQ just burn for a while. Even threw some oil into it to help create some flames.

Every winter I've been here with a BBQ, it's developed mould over the course of the season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I got off with a warning, today. I didn't know there was such a thing as a warning ticket, so when the cop was back in his car with my paperwork, I was already reassessing my budget. :laugh:

For the record, that makes three times warned, only two times ticketed.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Can't remember if this is a thing in Calgary, but this week I decided to fire up the BBQ, and had to thoroughly clean out all the mould before doing so. Like 45 minutes of scrubbing and scraping, then letting the BBQ just burn for a while. Even threw some oil into it to help create some flames.

Every winter I've been here with a BBQ, it's developed mould over the course of the season.

Have never experienced this, mostly because I usually find an excuse to fire up the BBQ several times during winter. :laugh:

Makes sense how it could happen though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Have never experienced this, mostly because I usually find an excuse to fire up the BBQ several times during winter. :laugh:

Makes sense how it could happen though.
Yeah, in the winter the BBQ is at the balcony door so I can BBQ from inside all winter :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I used to be the same way but I now prefer to cook with cast-iron during the winter. Just laziness and the fact that I have a little Weber which uses those camping propane bottles which are hard to track down during the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad