OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Weather still f***ing with me out here?!?!

Screenshot_2018-03-20-11-52-12.png

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
When you get in the pool, use the side of it as a bar and point and flex your foot in the water. You can also wing your leg back and forth to stretch your hip and thighs.

Most types of stretching can be done in the water using the wall and side of the pool for resistance/balance

As for swimming, use a kickboard and you can hold it to your chest and just kick down the length of the pool.

Slow freestyle is also fine and if you want to modify, keep your head out of the water..

I miss swimming

Thanks. I’m a pretty strong swimmer I’ve just never done it for exercise. Guess there’s only one way to find out how it would
Go.

Reactions: Alicat

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Cable cord cut by moving. Can someone get me to some resources to stream B's games?

I'll be good come playoffs by using an OTA solution.

I have:
-High speed internet
-Smart TV
-Smart phone
-PC

Thanks!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Thanks. I’m a pretty strong swimmer I’ve just never done it for exercise. Guess there’s only one way to find out how it would
Go.
There really is no difference other than pacing yourself and figuring out a way to make the time pass since you have no music.

I also recommend getting a lap counter (if you don't already have a tracker that yo can swim with) as it will help you if you track exercise somewhere. Every time you touch the wall you press the button to record the lap.

I have this one that I got on Amazon for a hell of a lot cheaper than this

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I can't get into the podiatrist in my practice until April 5. I called for an appointment last week. I can't believe this is lasting as long as it has.

Anyone have any good exercises that keep you off your feet? My gym does have a pool, but I'm not really sure I know I how to swim for fitness. I'm more of a doggy paddle/float around/slow freestyle kind of girl.

I'm gonna have to pass on this one, but I'm sure Lonnie or Trevor will knock it out of the park. :)

Reactions: BMC

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Go.
I go every day. Hey, I’m unemployed, I have nothing but time.
I do a lot of water walking/running and take a Zumba class (which is probably cancelled tonight, so I went this morning). Not-so-humble bragging done.

Here’s a link to some of the deep water stuff I do (i.e., no impact):

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anyone in western ma think school will be cancelled tomorrow?

my daughter goes to kindergarten in worcester.
They let us know prob early dismissal tomorrow and prob no school Thursday as of now.
I dont know why they just dont send them to school during the April vacation week. They just had an effin vacation in February.
As of now they will be out of school on June 21. Was supposed to be June 11

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They let us know prob early dismissal tomorrow and prob no school Thursday as of now.
I dont know why they just dont send them to school during the April vacation week. They just had an effin vacation in February.

Even if they go Monday-Wednesday of vacation week, that would help. I believe the problem is that teachers unions contracts generally prevent it, but I'm not 100% positive.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Teachers would throw a fit, I like where your head is at, but teachers plan trips in advance so you can't do that. Far easier to just extend the year a week. I personally don't go on any trips until summer, but I have a lot of appointments and planning already scheduled for that week so I wouldn't be happy either

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I go every day. Hey, I’m unemployed, I have nothing but time.
I do a lot of water walking/running and take a Zumba class (which is probably cancelled tonight, so I went this morning). Not-so-humble bragging done.

Here’s a link to some of the deep water stuff I do (i.e., no impact):

Do you get to wear the float belt for when you go in the deep end?

When I take my aqua aerobics class we "run" the lendth of the pool and wear a belt to keep us upright.

Pretty wild feeling

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Do you get to wear the float belt for when you go in the deep end?

When I take my aqua aerobics class we "run" the lendth of the pool and wear a belt to keep us upright.

Pretty wild feeling

I just use a noodle, and floaty weights, and "flippers" on my hands for resistance.
Yeah, it's quite a sight!!!!! But I'm usually the youngest one in the pool at the time I go, so I look lightning fast. LOL

Reactions: Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Worcester typically cancels early and often because they have too many students that walk, and snow creates a risky commute to and from for those kids.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I look like I got hit in the lower back with a 2 x 4. I don't feel any difference, my back still ****ing hurts LOL
I hope you feel better soon. Had some back issues too after my photography job on Friday. I swear by my chiropractor- I go religiously.

you could try acupuncture. I think thats covered by a lot of insurances now and likely has some favorable articles written about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad