OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I tried matching water and beers last night. I failed. The bar we went to has this beer called a black velvet which is Guinness on top and Downeast Cider on the bottom. The cider shoots up and mixes with the Guinness and it’s amazing. And now I’m spending my Sunday hurting.
Never mix. Recipe for a hang over.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Absolutely, the worst for me is recovery from injuries. If I jam a wrist or pull something in my back, I can feel it for months. My son cant put a shoe on because his ankle sprain is the size of a grapefruit is fine three days later. Its ridiculous.

I have plantar fasciitis. It has lasted 6 months. I rest it for two weeks, exercise for a week, knocks me out four weeks.. I can't walk without shoes it hurts that bad. I never recover anymore.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
40 must be the worst thing to ever happen to a living human. You ache. Your metabolism shuts off. You must get 8 plus hours of sleep or you're shot for days.

And I say this as a 48 yo whose blood work is always basically pristine, exercises and is on zero prescription medications.

40 is tough. Im 41 now, but I still only sleep about 5/6 hours and Im good to go.
Still take jagrlike 3 minute shifts in roller hockey too.
The aches are there though. I went bowling yesterday with my daughter, and my lower right back is kinda sore this morning.
Also- the hangovers last at least until 4pm the next day now. Where I used to drink til 2am and be at work fine for 630am.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have plantar fasciitis. It has lasted 6 months. I rest it for two weeks, exercise for a week, knocks me out four weeks.. I can't walk without shoes it hurts that bad. I never recover anymore.

I used to love to go barefooted every chance I could. I haven't been able to do that in years, plantar fasciitis + bad back means wearing shoes all the time. :(

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Got some gift cards to Hulu for my birthday, but before I join, I wanted to get the rundown on what shows on that channel are good. So if there are any Hulu users, what do you recommend? I can't see keeping it for that long as we already get streaming from Netflix and Amazon Prime, so I want to maximize the use of my gift cards.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Got some gift cards to Hulu for my birthday, but before I join, I wanted to get the rundown on what shows on that channel are good. So if there are any Hulu users, what do you recommend? I can't see keeping it for that long as we already get streaming from Netflix and Amazon Prime, so I want to maximize the use of my gift cards.

The Handmaid's Tale
The Path
Runaways

Reactions: LSCII

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

The Good Place.
Rick and Morty.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Has anyone seen that Netflix original "1922"? It's based on a Stephen King novella. Seems creepy as hell, but I feel like Netflix stuff is really hit or miss lately.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Took about 9 months for the pain to dissipate for me, limits what you can do for sure and the weird thing is you just wander around one day and realize it isn't there anymore. Sucks getting old but as someone said, it sure beats the alternative.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
Boss just asked me to go Palm Beach for two days this week to take care of a few things. Booked a 5:40am out of Logan Wednesday morning, f*** this next snowstorm.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad