OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So, we almost ruined our garbage disposal with a quarter.

:nod:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
just had to run out and fill my oil tank with some deisel.

oil guy isnt delivering here until friday

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Went to Strega Prime in Woburn for my husband and father in laws bdays (today is both of their bday). Food was great, service was awful, and it was EXPENSIVE. I’m talking $400 with tip for 3 of us. I had 2 glasses of the house Pinot Grigio, husband had one gin and tonic, and my father in law doesn’t drink. Yes we got an app to share, soup/salad, entree, and a dessert to share but that is a LOT for not being downtown.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm looking forward to the Olympics next month. I wish NHL guys were playing there, but oh well. There are a lot of the winter sports I like to watch. I also like to watch the opening ceremony just because I often find the "entertainment" portion to be very weird. People running around in bizarre costumes that make me wonder what kind of drugs the designer was on when he made it. :laugh: And I'm always curious how they plan to light the torch. It's been boring in recent years. I always liked the archer in Barcelona.

So I have no idea why I'm rambling about the Olympics, except to say that insomnia stinks. :laugh: :cry:

Reactions: sarge88

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm looking forward to the Olympics next month. I wish NHL guys were playing there, but oh well. There are a lot of the winter sports I like to watch. I also like to watch the opening ceremony just because I often find the "entertainment" portion to be very weird. People running around in bizarre costumes that make me wonder what kind of drugs the designer was on when he made it. :laugh: And I'm always curious how they plan to light the torch. It's been boring in recent years. I always liked the archer in Barcelona.

So I have no idea why I'm rambling about the Olympics, except to say that insomnia stinks. :laugh: :cry:

I've mentioned in other threads that while I don't completely understand it yet, I've taken an interest in curling. I find it intriguing to watch, and I'm slowly figuring it out.

NBCSN aired the women's trials for figure skating after the Hawks/Rangers game and I was captivated. The skill and athleticism are incredible, and I loved a lot of the music (lots of classical and jazz).

So I'm looking forward to the Olympics as well.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've mentioned in other threads that while I don't completely understand it yet, I've taken an interest in curling. I find it intriguing to watch, and I'm slowly figuring it out.

NBCSN aired the women's trials for figure skating after the Hawks/Rangers game and I was captivated. The skill and athleticism are incredible, and I loved a lot of the music (lots of classical and jazz).

I've been known to watch curling, but I don't understand anything about the rules or scoring. I keep telling myself I will learn more about it but I just haven't done it.

I saw a little bit of the figure skating tonight. I like to watch it, but I wish you could mute the announcers and still be able to hear the music. I hate watching it only to hear them critique every tiny little move.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I've been known to watch curling, but I don't understand anything about the rules or scoring. I keep telling myself I will learn more about it but I just haven't done it.

I saw a little bit of the figure skating tonight. I like to watch it, but I wish you could mute the announcers and still be able to hear the music. I hate watching it only to hear them critique every tiny little move.

I'm right there with you. I'm getting vaguely familiar with the curling terms and I kinda get what they are doing, but I'm a long way from really grasping what's going on.

And that would be GREAT if the announcers would be quiet during the figure skating routines, especially with such great music playing. Maybe Fenway can drop a hint to them? ;) Tonight's announcer (Tara Lipinski if memory serves) was especially harsh. I'm sure her insight is great, but she was a bit of a killjoy on a lot of those routines.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I love getting the "people are soft these days" rant from my boss every snow storm. It's easy to drive in this when you have a company car and company paid insurance, yet he rags on the people who decide to not come in. They have sick days. S.T.F.U . Whining millionaires kill me,

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I have no problem saying that I love the olympics as well. My daughter and I love to watch the opening ceremonies to see how every country is dressed. (According to us, the Netherlands hit it out of the park with their uniforms in 2014, BTW).

Speed skating, hockey and skiing are my favorites.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I love getting the "people are soft these days" rant from my boss every snow storm. It's easy to drive in this when you have a company car and company paid insurance, yet he rags on the people who decide to not come in. They have sick days. S.T.F.U . Whining millionaires kill me,

We just sent all non-essential staff home at 10:00 am. Probably 2/3 rds. of a 400 person work force. It has a financial cost, of course, but not nearly the cost of having someone get injured or worse driving home when the storm is at it's worst this afternoon.

Plus, I'd like to think that most employees would appreciate the gesture and realize the company does care about them on a human level.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Every 4 years, I watch, get interested and look to see where there's a local place to try it. Find out it's too far away to reasonably make work. Forget about it until the next Olympics. Sure looks like it would be fun though.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Every 4 years, I watch, get interested and look to see where there's a local place to try it. Find out it's too far away to reasonably make work. Forget about it until the next Olympics. Sure looks like it would be fun though.
Yeah, I'd love to try it. But I'm sure if I was one of the broom people (sweeper? Whatever they call them) that I would totally trip over a rock and break multiple bones :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Went to Strega Prime in Woburn for my husband and father in laws bdays (today is both of their bday). Food was great, service was awful, and it was EXPENSIVE. I’m talking $400 with tip for 3 of us. I had 2 glasses of the house Pinot Grigio, husband had one gin and tonic, and my father in law doesn’t drink. Yes we got an app to share, soup/salad, entree, and a dessert to share but that is a LOT for not being downtown.

f***. And I thought some of the places on Shrewsbury street in Worcester were crazy. As a former resident of Woburn, I can say there are a lot better ways to spend $400 bucks in that town...:naughty:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I work for the literal embodiment of the Grinch, and even he closed the office and told everyone they could work from home today.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Yup. The new trend is for places like Strega, Del Frisco's, Bancroft, etc. to open up these locations in Burlington/Woburn/etc. and charge Boston prices even though their expenses are nowhere near what they pay for their Boston locations. It's ridiculous.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

They also shut down the roads here. I mean, what are people supposed to do when there's no way to travel, let alone travel safely?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They also shut down the roads here. I mean, what are people supposed to do when there's no way to travel, let alone travel safely?

it's funny down here, you get in to work, and nothing is going on. Deliveries don't come, customers stay closed or close early. Phones don't ring. I deal with a lot of vendors up by you guys and they are all working from home, if that, and not taking orders for tomorrow delivery (understandably).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad