Off-Season Trade Tracker

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Makes sense to me for remaining OA spots. Wasn't sure about Kontos or Foy but I think they could get more for Kontos.

Why? Boyd wouldn't have kept him. Don't you think other GM's know he was on the 4th line in the last playoff game? I think they did well getting a 4th and a 7th.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Missy had 5 OAs and recently traded Teichman and now Kontos. So now they are set with 3 OAs. Smoskovitz, Foy and Diodati

Don't think they are set with the 3. Smosky is legit, great nose for the net and character kid, he could fetch Boyd a couple of good picks in a rebuild. Foy is a hard working 3rd line player who can lead by example, not by talent. Diodati is not worth an OA spot, they can do better than him.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Don't think they are set with the 3. Smosky is legit, great nose for the net and character kid, he could fetch Boyd a couple of good picks in a rebuild. Foy is a hard working 3rd line player who can lead by example, not by talent. Diodati is not worth an OA spot, they can do better than him.

They will probably start the year with the 3 OAs on the team, but I agree at Xmas, they should trade Smoskovitz to a contender who needs scoring depth, for draft picks or prospects. Sudbury comes to mind.

There are always some OAs floating around at the beginning of the year, and if 1 is available that is an upgrade to Diodati or Foy, Boydy may make the minor move.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
They will probably start the year with the 3 OAs on the team, but I agree at Xmas, they should trade Smoskovitz to a contender who needs scoring depth, for draft picks or prospects. Sudbury comes to mind.

There are always some OAs floating around at the beginning of the year, and if 1 is available that is an upgrade to Diodati or Foy, Boydy may make the minor move.

Smosky would be a great fit for Sudbury. He would light it up with Campagna as his center. Unless Boyd trades for a 1st line center his talent will be wasted on the Steelheads. There will be many upgrades out there on Foy and Diodati as the 93 crop is very strong and some teams do have a surplus of talented ones.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Plymouth Whalers have traded a 4th round pick to Belleville for Carter Sandlak

Curious pickup. He's 20 years old, so Sandlak will be an OA. I guess that means either Malysa or Crombeen will not be back, since the team does have extra defensemen. This does help fill those open forward spots, though.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Curious pickup. He's 20 years old, so Sandlak will be an OA. I guess that means either Malysa or Crombeen will not be back, since the team does have extra defensemen. This does help fill those open forward spots, though.

3rd line checker. Great character, very tough, sticks up for his team mates, not much offensive talent.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Smosky would be a great fit for Sudbury. He would light it up with Campagna as his center. Unless Boyd trades for a 1st line center his talent will be wasted on the Steelheads. There will be many upgrades out there on Foy and Diodati as the 93 crop is very strong and some teams do have a surplus of talented ones.

Missy has Foy, McIntyre, Kopstals and maybe Barwell(if he signs) as centres. I agree , I don't see much help for Smosky. I am sure he will be gone by Xmas. Boydy is in a rebuilding year, and to keep Smosky around all year would be bad management.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
3rd line checker. Great character, very tough, sticks up for his team mates, not much offensive talent.

Thanks for the scouting report. Even with this addition, the Whalers still need at least four more forwards to fill out the roster. I would expect them to try and deal one of their extra OA defensemen before the season.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Missy has Foy, McIntyre, Kopstals and maybe Barwell(if he signs) as centres. I agree , I don't see much help for Smosky. I am sure he will be gone by Xmas. Boydy is in a rebuilding year, and to keep Smosky around all year would be bad management.

Smosky can play center, he's not as effective but he's easily our best forward so I would slot him in at 1 line center at the moment.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA

He has a lot of work to do.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Thanks for the scouting report. Even with this addition, the Whalers still need at least four more forwards to fill out the roster. I would expect them to try and deal one of their extra OA defensemen before the season.

If Guelph can secure a goalie, either import or trade. I bet Nishi would be gone and the Storm would likely have interest in an OA D.

superspitfan99

Sep 3, 2012
Ontario

Missy was in a rebuilding year last year too and look what he did at the trade deadline? He also traded for Hottot and Windsor last year? I just don't give him that much credit.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Missy was in a rebuilding year last year too and look what he did at the trade deadline? He also traded for Hottot and Windsor last year? I just don't give him that much credit.

Sarnia sent Boyd a kid who had issues beyond anyone's control. Underhanded move by Sarnia.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Sarnia sent Boyd a kid who had issues beyond anyone's control. Underhanded move by Sarnia.

Agreed.

Missy was poised in November to go after Trocheck and Sarault, as they were 2nd in the OHL and felt that they were contenders. All of a sudden, the wheels started to fall off and they were in nowhere land. Didn't know whether to buy or sell. They made a feeble trade for Hottot, just to stir some action. Boydy knew that they would not be serious contenders at Xmas time and thus preferred to keep what he had, instead of making moves.

Cameron set the franchise back 4 years with his trades. They should be able to try and compete year after next.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Agreed.

Missy was poised in November to go after Trocheck and Sarault, as they were 2nd in the OHL and felt that they were contenders. All of a sudden, the wheels started to fall off and they were in nowhere land. Didn't know whether to buy or sell. They made a feeble trade for Hottot, just to stir some action. Boydy knew that they would not be serious contenders at Xmas time and thus preferred to keep what he had, instead of making moves.

Cameron set the franchise back 4 years with his trades. They should be able to try and compete year after next.

If they are still around...... :(

superspitfan99

Sep 3, 2012
Ontario
Agreed.

First, no doubt Sarnia sent Missy a player with a situation beyond his control, however if the staff of Missy didn't do their homework on a player they were bringing in, then shame on them!

As for what Boyd did at the trade deadline last year, it was a joke! If he knew they weren't going to make it, then let your good guys go and start rebuilding. Now he has nothing to trade. If he trades any further picks, he'll put the team back further than Cameron did in the last years he was there.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
@OHLRangers: GM Steve Spott announced today that the Rangers have acquired F Scott Teskey from the @OHLSteelheads. Full release to follow.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
@winstarparker: #OHL Owen Sound #Attack trade forward Artur Gavrus to Oshawa #Generals for 14th-round pick in 2014. Becomes a 7th-round pick if he plays.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
@OHLRangers: GM Steve Spott announced today that the Rangers have acquired F Scott Teskey from the @OHLSteelheads. Full release to follow.

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/article/rangers-and-steelheads-complete-trade_145672

Kitchener Rangers General Manager and Head Coach Steve Spott announced Tuesday that the team has completed a trade with the Mississauga Steelheads.

In the deal, the Steelheads send forward Scott Teskey to the Rangers in exchange for a 10th round pick in the 2015 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection (acquired from Kingston in a previous trade).

Mississauga’s first round pick in the 2011 Priority Selection , Teskey has played 98 career games with the Steelheads and St. Michael’s Majors, recording seven career goals and seven assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad