Off-Season Trade Tracker

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Well with the Trade Freeze for the OHL being lifted tomorrow I thought it would make sense to have a thread where we can keep track of all trades and trade rumours.

The only rumour I have heard as of now is Brassard from the Bulls will be heading to Windsor.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Just wondering, why would they lift the trade freeze on a saturday? All paperwork wouldn't be filed with head office till monday anyway? Would any deals leak ot tomorrow? Or wait till monday?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Just wondering, why would they lift the trade freeze on a saturday? All paperwork wouldn't be filed with head office till monday anyway? Would any deals leak ot tomorrow? Or wait till monday?

It's my understanding that he trade freeze is lifted every year on June 1st for whatever reason, what day of the week that happens to be on isnt taken into account.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012

Trades will be able to be finalized this weekend but only cause its the first one trading weekend of the summer.

Heres to hoping we see a few deals today!!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Well with the Trade Freeze for the OHL being lifted tomorrow I thought it would make sense to have a thread where we can keep track of all trades and trade rumours.

The only rumour I have heard as of now is Brassard from the Bulls will be heading to Windsor.

Hearing the same thing about Brassard. Anyone want to guess what Windsor would be giving up?

big papa

Apr 21, 2012
Someone said Studnicka. For an OA id imagine just picks tho..

But Spits have signed 6 players this offseason so who knows.

someone did post that Studnicka wanted out so he could be a throw in to please him and also gives the Bulls a body back with some picks

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
With all their potential overagers, I would expect Plymouth to be making some deals. Lorentz, Malysa, Crombeen, Whaley and Mahalak are all without pro contracts. I expect Vellucci to try to move Mahalak, and whichever of Crombeen or Whaley that he can work out a deal.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
With all their potential overagers, I would expect Plymouth to be making some deals. Lorentz, Malysa, Crombeen, Whaley and Mahalak are all without pro contracts. I expect Vellucci to try to move Mahalak, and whichever of Crombeen or Whaley that he can work out a deal.

Although the trade window opened on Saturday it looks as if any trades made won't be officially completed until Monday when there is someone to register the deals working in the OHL offices.

For what it's worth the OHL insider speculated on a deal which would see Brassard moving to Windsor. However as he has signed with the Jets and they may have other plans for him. If a deal was done with Windsor it would need to be contingent on him reporting....

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
someone did post that Studnicka wanted out so he could be a throw in to please him and also gives the Bulls a body back with some picks

Unable to reply to you on Spits thread as it's full....but you are right..it appears that the 6 signings by the Spits indicates a full court press could be underway towards a re-build. IMHO Monday should see a couple deals completed that will indicate this.
If they go towards youth they have some quality 94's that will be headed to parts unknown.....as well as Studnicka and Bateman...Monday should be very telling...

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Unable to reply to you on Spits thread as it's full....but you are right..it appears that the 6 signings by the Spits indicates a full court press could be underway towards a re-build. IMHO Monday should see a couple deals completed that will indicate this.
If they go towards youth they have some quality 94's that will be headed to parts unknown.....as well as Studnicka and Bateman...Monday should be very telling...

Wouldnt mind the Petes taking a flyer on Bateman.

Quality 94's as in.... Vail? :) haha wouldnt mind him either.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
saw that the battalion lost both of their imports, including their goalie, i wonder if erie would consider trying to send them dansk to bring back some much needed d help, devin williams should be the starter anywyas

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Haha not even close! Vail has one season left and Bateman has proved anything yet! Cornel and Ritchie are only in there draft years!

But look how the other deals went with the Petes. :)

Aha, I don't think the Petes'll be a trading partner with the Spits unless they completely rebuild.

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
I highly doubt that. Harper is the most likely Erie forward to be shown the door.

I can see Harper or Crisp being moved to Niagara for Jesse Graham. The Otters need an older puck moving D and Dave Brown drafted Jesse and really likes him. The IceDogs need an 18/19 year old top six forward.
It would also explain why the Otters sent a 2nd and 4th for Joel Wigle at the trade deadline last season.

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
I can see Harper or Crisp being moved to Niagara for Jesse Graham. The Otters need an older puck moving D and Dave Brown drafted Jesse and really likes him. The IceDogs need an 18/19 year old top six forward.
It would also explain why the Otters sent a 2nd and 4th for Joel Wigle at the trade deadline last season.

I agree because that trade still puzzles me to this day.

ErieOttersNews I would not be shocked if both Harper and Crisp both were dealt this off season. Both could net a good return that I think would benefit the team a lot.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012

Good call. Would make sense.

Harper, Difruscia, Perlini, Verhaeghe, McCool moving forward....

Wow thatd be deadly.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I agree because that trade still puzzles me to this day.

ErieOttersNews I would not be shocked if both Harper and Crisp both were dealt this off season. Both could net a good return that I think would benefit the team a lot.

Yeah, I would lump Cairns in there as well. I just think only Harper is being moved because right now he would fetch the biggest return, and if knoblauch can get cairns and crisp to work hard all the time they would both be top 6 forwards. Victor Fernandes just said he doesn't expect any big deals until at least training camp, which is a bit disappointing if he's right.

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
Yeah, I would lump Cairns in there as well. I just think only Harper is being moved because right now he would fetch the biggest return, and if knoblauch can get cairns and crisp to work hard all the time they would both be top 6 forwards. Victor Fernandes just said he doesn't expect any big deals until at least training camp, which is a bit disappointing if he's right.

I agree in both things you said. Cairns should be in this discussion as well. After his stellar rookie year he has been a rather disappointing each year. I think two of the three between Harper, Cairns, and Crisp will eventually be moved. I think Harper and Crisp would bring the most back though.
It would be disappointing to see nothing happen until training camp but with the import draft coming up soon here maybe Bassin wants to see what happens with that before he starts moving some players. I would hope most if not all move are made by the 10 game mark of next season though.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I agree in both things you said. Cairns should be in this discussion as well. After his stellar rookie year he has been a rather disappointing each year. I think two of the three between Harper, Cairns, and Crisp will eventually be moved. I think Harper and Crisp would bring the most back though.
It would be disappointing to see nothing happen until training camp but with the import draft coming up soon here maybe Bassin wants to see what happens with that before he starts moving some players. I would hope most if not all move are made by the 10 game mark of next season though.

I hope he only moves one of those guys because they are all still relatively young and we are losing at least Fox after this season, but you never know with bassin. I would expect him to make some moves after the import draft, sooner better than later. The Wigle traded makes absolutely zero sense to me right now though. And the thought popped up that maybe we could send dansk to north bay for something. They last both of their imports, including their goalie.

Section19

Sep 17, 2012
Sudbury, ON

Niagara might need a veteran goalie, if Festarinin doesn't come back, so I can see them making a move for Crisp. :handclap:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad