Off-Season Trade Tracker

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
You think Moran is going to sit on the bench behind Festarini 2 years in a row? No way he left his NCAA options to do that and no chance they have an OA spit time or be a back up. He's probably here for a month or so then out.
Both Dunn and Brosnan nearly made the team last season and as a 6th or 7th D, yea, I think they can make it this year. Picking up a 3/4 OA D, will not be that expensive.
Add to that getting a player like Harper or Crisp will be important moving forward. The Dogs will need to worry about a top 6 forward a lot more then who is getting five minutes a game on defence.

Giving Moran the starters job is extremely risky. He has not proven himself yet. I think he will split time in net with Festarini. If you want to get rid of Festarini, then who would be the Dogs other goalie?

Also, I highly doubt the Dogs will even go with 3 OA's this season so using an OA spot on Festarini is not an issue. You keep stating that they should pick up 2 OA defensemen. What would they trade away? We don't have a second or third round draft pick in 2014 or 2015? We need to re-stock draft picks, not trade them away. We would need to give up some young talent to get an OA defensemen which doesn't make since if we are in a rebuilding year.

big papa

Apr 21, 2012
Giving Moran the starters job is extremely risky. He has not proven himself yet. I think he will split time in net with Festarini. If you want to get rid of Festarini, then who would be the Dogs other goalie?

Also, I highly doubt the Dogs will even go with 3 OA's this season so using an OA spot on Festarini is not an issue. You keep stating that they should pick up 2 OA defensemen. What would they trade away? We don't have a second or third round draft pick in 2014 or 2015? We need to re-stock draft picks, not trade them away. We would need to give up some young talent to get an OA defensemen which doesn't make since if we are in a rebuilding year.

i think Festarini gets traded at deadline to a contender if Moran does a good job while they split the first half of season as Moran will be the future for the Dogs

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Moran isn't ready for the starter's job yet. And if he's inconsistent he will be back up to Festarini for this year again

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
@OHLinsiders: TRADE: Ottawa #67s Trade D Sean Callaghan to the Saginaw #Spirit for the rights to Connor Graham + Sault Ste Marie's 3rd Rnd pick (14') #OHL

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Moran isn't ready for the starter's job yet. And if he's inconsistent he will be back up to Festarini for this year again

It's really one of those things that you wont know until you see it. Visentin was just as bad in his 16 year old season, then came out strong for his 2nd year.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
It's really one of those things that you wont know until you see it. Visentin was just as bad in his 16 year old season, then came out strong for his 2nd year.

There is no need to rush him. Give him more games this year to ease him into the starting job next season/ or towards the end of the season.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
@ben_leeson: Wolves have dealt forward Frankie Vilardi to the Plymouth Whalers for a third-round pick and conditional pick. #ohl #sudburywolves

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
@ben_leeson: Wolves have dealt forward Frankie Vilardi to the Plymouth Whalers for a third-round pick and conditional pick. #ohl #sudburywolves

@PWhalers: Plymouth Whalers Trade Cody Payne to Saginaw for a pair of draft picks - http://t.co/dWz19vV47p

Plymouth appears to be in high gear rebuilding. They have dealt OA goalie Matt Mahalak, 19-year old Cody Payne, and acquired 17-year old center Vilardi. There should be more deals coming, as the team still has too many overagers.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Plymouth appears to be in high gear rebuilding. They have dealt OA goalie Matt Mahalak, 19-year old Cody Payne, and acquired 17-year old center Vilardi. There should be more deals coming, as the team still has too many overagers.

Could Hartman be traded you think?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Could Hartman be traded you think?

Anything is possible, but it would surprise me. Hartman likely has two more OHL seasons remaining, and if Wilson remains with the Capitals this season the team will need to get offense from somewhere. Payne was a decent player, but Hartman is better offensively. He is also a possible 1st round pick in this year's NHL draft, and I cannot recall Vellucci ever trading away a player picked high in the draft.

I will miss hearing the Whalers PA announcer calling Cody Payne's name when he scores, though. It was one of his better calls.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

I don't know if it's rebuilding I think Payne is being moved due to the Trocheck move at the deadline.

Plymouth gets
4 months of Trocheck
3rd in 2015
2nd in 2016

Saginaw gets
Bratina
Payne
Ply 3rd in 2016
Ply 2nd in 2015 conditional
Kit 3rd in 2015 conditional

Makes more sense now

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I don't know if it's rebuilding I think Payne is being moved due to the Trocheck move at the deadline.

Plymouth gets
4 months of Trocheck
3rd in 2015
2nd in 2016

Saginaw gets
Bratina
Payne
Ply 3rd in 2016
Ply 2nd in 2015 conditional
Kit 3rd in 2015 conditional

Makes more sense now

Could be. The Trocheck deal then ended basically being for Bratina, Payne and a conditional 3rd round pick. Plus, the Whalers were allowed to keep Payne for their attempted run at the title this past playoff season.

On a side note, this is the 2nd time Payne has been traded in a few months. His NHL rights were dealt from Boston to Calgary as part of the Iginla deal at the NHL deadline.

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
Could be. The Trocheck deal then ended basically being for Bratina, Payne and a conditional 3rd round pick. Plus, the Whalers were allowed to keep Payne for their attempted run at the title this past playoff season.

On a side note, this is the 2nd time Payne has been traded in a few months. His NHL rights were dealt from Boston to Calgary as part of the Iginla deal at the NHL deadline.

Iginla went to Pitt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad