Rumor: Off Season Trade Thread vol. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

Difference is NYR have money to make moves like that. Ottawa has to ship money out if they are bringing money in.

that's a bs excuse. Not directed towards you but towards the team. The Sens can afford to give guys like Greening, Cowen, Phillips, Wiercioch, Michalek and Neil big contracts who are brutal for the most part.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It slows the server down if threads get too long.

I will add a proposal.

Anderson, Greening, Zibanejad for Edler and Markstrom

Pleeeeease stop!

Edler is terrible!

You will all hate him!

He is gutless, and not good in either zone. Ask Canuck fans what they think about him before making trade proposals for him. He has a ton of skill, which he is unable to use effectively, and is worse than some of you find Cowen when he struggles.

I would rather play a defenceman down than have him on our team!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This team needs a major shakeup. We are far too weak mentally to compete next season. We need some real leadership in the dressing room.

Ryan, Cowen, 2nd for O'Reilly, Elliott

Wiercioch, Prince for Ehrhoff

Sign Callahan longterm, 6M a season with a NTC

Da Costa + pick for Clifford

Greening and Condra for picks

O'Reilly - Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Callahan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Clifford - Smith - Neil
Grant

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Gryba/Elliott
Phillips - Ceci
Borowiecki, Elliott/Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

A little bit unrealistic? Perhaps.
Over the budget by a bit? Sure.
Neccesary? Absolutely.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
This team needs a major shakeup. We are far too weak mentally to compete next season. We need some real leadership in the dressing room.

Clifford - Smith - Neil
Grant

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Gryba/Elliott
Phillips - Ceci

Anderson
Lehner

Neccesary? Absolutely.

Not enough, need to do more!

Greening and a first round pick to Dr Emmit Brown for a flux capacitor powered delorian.

A fancy new smart phone, 4.3 million dollars and Craig ANderson to the 1987 Oilers for Wayne Gretzky and Grant Fuhr.

Get her done Murray! If u miss the boat on this one you're a fail gm.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Offer TM our coveted 2015 first round pick for Ehrhoff. We need someone to chew up top 4 minutes, and who can get the puck out of our zone more often than not.

After all the moaning over this year's 1st, I'd love to see the reactions to this.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
After all the moaning over this year's 1st, I'd love to see the reactions to this.

Yeah, this is true :laugh:

However, much like BM, I don't personally care whether moves are popular with all portions of the fan base. The goal is to improve the team, and we simply can't win without a top 4 D. Those guys don't come cheap. In fact, if need be I would even be willing to add to the first to make this happen.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I don't think Buffalo would want anymore picks, but is do that deal. The pick will (hopefully) be about 15-20 so it's not like we realistically have a shot at McDavid anyways.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Clifford - Smith - Neil
Grant

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Gryba/Elliott
Phillips - Ceci

Anderson
Lehner

Neccesary? Absolutely.
I like all of this. Would really look into adding evander Kane though. Would be willing to move spezza. Winnipeg needs a true first line center. Would probably give stones spot to lazar. I think Kane oreilly lazar could be an unreal two way line though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Idk about others, I just dont see him as a good fit for our team and style of play.

He is the highest goal scorer on this team & fits very well on the Turris line. It's the fact these players don't compete & can't seem to play defence or get the puck out of their end. It's either bad coaching or bad listening by the players & IMO it's the latter.

Does Spezza compete? Does Karlsson compete? Ottawa is a bunch of fancy players who don't compete hard enough, don't play well defensively & depend on their skill to win every game, unfortunately their skill doesn't always show up & is easily shut down.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I'm pretty disappointed in Ryan. Anaheim fans were right when they said he disappears for long stretches and doesn't play hard.

We should just not trade for superstars anymore, you always lose in the long term. Just look at our history with those types of trades

Traded a superstar in Yashin- Won the trade easily, got an elite number 1 centre, and a future Norris Winner
Traded for a superstar in Heatley- Won in the short term, lost in the long term. Hossa>>>>Heatley
Traded a superstar in Heatley- Probably lost in the short term, but arguably won in the long term. Michalek has been outscoring Heatley the last few years despite his own struggles, and we got rid of dressing room poison.

Regardless if a team is willing to trade a superstar, then there is probably something wrong.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ryan was great until he got injured. I'd only trade him if he wants more than 6.5mil or wont re-sign.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
All I care is we get rid of Phillips some way, some how.

Also signing Hemsky is a must.

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Offseason Priorities:

1) Re-Sign Hemsky
2) Acquire a Veteran Top-4 Defender
3) Seriously re-evaluate special teams play

Completely agree.

Spezza having a winger is key to us becoming a contender.
Top 4 defensive defensemen is our biggest hole
Special teams have been brutal, I can't believe how high our road power play is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad