Waive Gryba Condra

MacArthur-Turris -Ryan
Hoffman -Zibanejad-Hemsky
Puempel Lazar Stone
????-Smith-??

Meth Karlsson
Cowen Ceci
?? ??? ????

You probably would be below the cap floor.

This team could be challenge early editions of the Sens for futility.

BigBush*

Kulemon is no better than Greening. also didn't his 30 goal season happen when he was playing on a line with MacArthur?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Kulemin is excellent defensively. My three signing are him,Orpik and Stralman. These three could really make us a playoff team.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
ReSign Hemsky with Michelak's salary
Add youth stay cheap
Trade Spezza Neil Greening Condra Gryba
Waive Gryba Condra

MacArthur-Turris -Ryan
Puempel Lazar Stone
????-Smith-??

Meth Karlsson
Cowen Ceci
?? ??? ????

Lets imagine a black hole consumes phillips.

Greening-Smith-Kulemin
Meth-Karlsson
Orpik-Stralman both average 17 minutes a night perfect shutdown pairing.
Cowen-Ceci
Gryba
Wier
Boro

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Orpik was a tremendous shut down D in his prime but his best days are behind him. That's not a guy you want to give a long term deal. Volchenkov syndrome. He's damaged goods.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Any line-up without Phillips is a pipe dream.

I was just thinking the same thing. Hell I was even thinking of not renewing my 10-game pack unless they signed him. You know like maybe hold out of something? Well thank God Murray came to his senses and nabbed Chris right away.

;)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
ReSign Hemsky with Michelak's salary
Add youth stay cheap
Trade Spezza Neil Greening Condra Gryba
Waive Gryba Condra

MacArthur-Turris -Ryan
Puempel Lazar Stone
????-Smith-??

Meth Karlsson
Cowen Ceci
?? ??? ????

Why would you waive Gryba? He's been arguably our most steady player on defense, PK and in front of his own net AND is a genuine RHD, something always in demand in the NHL. You waive him and don't even have a plan for a third pairing... where is the logic?

If we decided to trade him he'd net a decent return. 2/3 of the league need guys like him and so do we.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'd love Kulemin and I'd think he'd thrive here on a line with Zibanejad.

I can see Pitts going hard after him though to play with Geno.

With that being said, hopefully MacArthur can convince him to come here. Mac and Kulemin have had good chemistry in the past.

The Fuhr*

Yes, because very few teams had the salary space to accommodate a high priced rental. Next year, there won't be that problem. Really just not comparable situations.

Actually next years cap is why the trade deadline was a buyers market

http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/03/06/2014-15-salary-cap-may-not-hit-71m-per-lombardi/

Dean Lombardi on trade negotiations

I think the biggest thing in the talks is the realization that the cap is not going up as much as we thought. We found out to our chagrin and surprise the other day that we’ve been operating, we’ve been told that the cap was going to be 71 [million], and now with the Canadian dollar having tanked, that the cap could be as low as 68.
-----

If the cap does not really rise... That Spezza cap hit will be tough to move and you know Melnyk does not like to retain money (see Hemsky trade)

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Kulemin would be a pointless upgrade on Greening. It would be a marginal improvement at a higher salary and we wouldn't be guaranteed that we could move Greening afterwards (or without taking salary back). Just keep Greening and expect a bounce back next season.

Actually, there isn't a lot wrong with the forward core (assuming that Hemsky is re-signed). Some had bad years and some of that may have been due to the lack of puck movement beyond Karlsson. The focus should be on acquiring a #2 d-man, everything else is a luxury.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I was just thinking the same thing. Hell I was even thinking of not renewing my 10-game pack unless they signed him. You know like maybe hold out of something? Well thank God Murray came to his senses and nabbed Chris right away.

;)

I'm not saying Phillips is decent by any means. I just don't see why people are kidding themselves by making line-ups that don't include him because there is no way he is being traded right after he was re-signed.

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-?
Phillips-Ceci
Wiercioch/Borowiecki/Gryba

Is pretty much how the D is set. The only way that changes is if one of the younger guys or Methot is moved. Re-signing Phillips means that they have to move someone if they want to actually improve Ottawa's defense. Or they can sit back and hope the young guys don't stumble again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->