GDT: Off-Season Thread III - The Sound of Silence Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I don't care who they sign as long as they have $10+ million for Erik Karlsson in three years.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Sign Okposo, and then trade for either RNH or Fowler.

We need a trade now, options in free agency alone aren't going to do us that much.

Yeah, this is now the new plan. Anything short of that and I'll qualify this off-season as another step backwards.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Nashville has the sexiest D core, my god. That feeling when none of our D would even be in their top 4...

To think they even moved Jones too and look what they have there. We need to hire their scouts and development team. That should be who we acquire in our offseason.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You guys have to stop spoiling TV shows that are still airing new episodes. You're killing me.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It started earlier for me, watched a total of 5 full games last season... it will probably go down this season.. might just follow from the outside and get back for the draft next year, this team needs to tank now.

Be honest, were you ever watching the games legally anyway?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Sad trombone.

Just no long term deals and I don't really care who Holland signs. Not like we have a chance to be competitive, anyway.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
At least blow it up for a D now to join the Larkin Mrazek core. I would start shopping Nyquist and Tartar + pieces together for the best young D that has #1 potential.

I hope Kenny had Nyquist and Tartar on the table for Larson. I mean I would take Hall too but I would like to know he was at least in that dialog.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I feel like Carrie when they dumped lambs blood on her

This reference is acceptable due to time elapsed. +$20 Bench Bucks.

You may also reference Walter White's badass car gun, Tony Soprano's cliffhanger, the weird Godfather scenes with Sophia Copolla, how the ape planet was Earth all along, that Hal might not be the best computer, dad aliens in Contact, Darth Vader being a really bad parent.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Guys I like the 2017 Hedmann talk because we are finally talking about our position of greatest need. But no way that is happening. Yzerman would move smoene else before that happens.

He can also do somethings like buy out Carle, trade Bishop if Vasalevski looks like the real deal next season. Yzerman will let Palat and Johnson walk before he lets his cornerstone defenseman go. I am willing to bet Headman signs a contract extension before the season is even over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad