GDT: Off-Season Thread III - The Sound of Silence Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
yeah, something tells me that if our concern was slotting guys in behind Crosby, Malkin, and Letang that our offseason wouldn't be as stressful and frustrating. A few years ago someone said that we would go the Calgary Flames route towards mediocrity and, yeah, it looks like it.

Called it.

Seriously, they are the Calgary flames ala mid 2000s. A few good players, a stand out goalie, but mostly just spare parts, never enough to get beyond treading water. At this point we only need to ask is: who is our Olli Jokinen?

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
What did the team need more offense or another plug?

So, every single player the team ever adds should be primarily offensive, at least until the offense is taken care of? You can't, you know, maybe look at adding offense and preserving defense at the same time?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The reason you guys are all going mental here is that you just want to see a bunch of kids. Then, when the roster melts down and the team tanks, well, that's actually what you really wanted all along.

The organization wants to make the playoffs, and Holland wants to make the playoffs, so you (possibly) sign Helm for 2 or 3 years at ~2.75 a season because he's a better bottom 6 winger than Jurco is.

The team flat out doesn't want what you want, and they haven't for 3+ years now. It's not at all an inscrutable decision-making process if someone can set aside their own value system and look at the situation through someone elses.

None of this is what I want, I can speak for myself thank you.

I will bet Helm does not sign for this amount, either.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The reason you guys are all going mental here is that you just want to see a bunch of kids. Then, when the roster melts down and the team tanks, well, that's actually what you really wanted all along.

The organization wants to make the playoffs, and Holland wants to make the playoffs, so you (possibly) sign Helm for 2 or 3 years at ~2.75 a season because he's a better bottom 6 winger than Jurco is.

The team flat out doesn't want what you want, and they haven't for 3+ years now. It's not at all an inscrutable decision-making process if someone can set aside their own value system and look at the situation through someone elses.

Good for the organization but the organization in is wrong. As fans that support the organization we have every right to be pissed about maintaining the status quo. I really enjoy how you repeat over and over what the organization wants to do like we don't understand. We get it,it's not rocket science. We just don't agree,get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->