Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Wow, I'm shocked and disappointed by this news. I love KUB bread and buy it all the time. Their facility on Erin opened up a while back and it was nice to smell the fresh bread in the morning when I went to work, as I just live on the next street. What am I going to do for rye bread now?
City rye bread maybe. We actually preferred City to KUB, but that is not how everyone felt obviously. Definitely different flavors between the two. Sad news to see KUB closing.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wow, I'm shocked and disappointed by this news. I love KUB bread and buy it all the time. Their facility on Erin opened up a while back and it was nice to smell the fresh bread in the morning when I went to work, as I just live on the next street. What am I going to do for rye bread now?
We buy City Bread marbled rye, it's quite good. They also make a good pumpernickel loaf.

Winnipeg has (or had) a surprising number of family owned bakery/bread companies: City Bread, Natural Bakery, and KUB (RIP). Let's not forget the dearly departed Teddy Bear Bread (I think it was made in Winnipeg?). Was nice to have the selection, I don't like anything made by "Big Bread" like Wonder bread, Dempsters etc

Last edited:
Reactions: macmaroon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We buy City Bread marbled rye, it's quite good. They also make a good pumpernickel loaf.

Winnipeg has (or had) a surprising number of family owned bakery/bread companies: City Bread, Natural Bakery, and KUB (RIP). Let's not forget the dearly departed Teddy Bear Bread (I think it was made in Winnipeg?). Was nice to have the selection, I don't like anything made by "Big Bread" like Wonder bread, Dempsters etc
For some reason i always like saying the word Pumpernickel. :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Tried chicken hearts for the first time today, not for me.
I tried them years ago, I feel the same way.
On the other hand some people love them, those people are wrong :sarcasm:

Officially adopted
We get her Saturday
Mrs. Eye is shy
C44EBE2A-1367-4259-8928-EAD0CD25ADF6.jpeg
61BA3C51-8D87-4C30-AAA4-0E352E5BE858.jpeg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Quick question

I am looking for medical advice from HFBoards. I might have taken a hard fall on my hip elbow in Mexico and split the elbow open a bit. They wanted me to get stitches but I was in Mexico leaving the next day so I just bandaged it up. So fast forward a few weeks and it appears they were right. This thing won’t self heel and not only is fluid coming out of the elbow flesh is sticking out too. I am thinking of going to the hospital in Morden Winkler tomorrow to look for solutions since I am out here for a hockey tourney.

Anyone here been to the Morden Winkler hospital? I am thinking it can’t be as busy as the emerg in Winnipeg.

Thoughts kids?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Quick question

I am looking for medical advice from HFBoards. I might have taken a hard fall on my hip elbow in Mexico and split the elbow open a bit. They wanted me to get stitches but I was in Mexico leaving the next day so I just bandaged it up. So fast forward a few weeks and it appears they were right. This thing won’t self heel and not only is fluid coming out of the elbow flesh is sticking out too. I am thinking of going to the hospital in Morden Winkler tomorrow to look for solutions since I am out here for a hockey tourney.

Anyone here been to the Morden Winkler hospital? I am thinking it can’t be as busy as the emerg in Winnipeg.

Thoughts kids?
I heard Steinbach wasn't too busy in the ER a couple of weeks ago. Generally the rural ERs are a lot less hectic than the city ones.

Right now the full service Winnipeg ERs are packed with estimated 9+ hour wait times. Wait Times | Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Urgent care is a little better (Vic is only 2.5 hours right now, 7Oaks and Concordia are 6.5h and 7.25h respectively).

Unfortunately there's no wait time site for outside WRHA...

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad